IGNORED

THE RANDOM TERRAIN GRAMMAR THREAD

Jr. Pac

36 members have voted

1. 1. What games should I bring on vacation?

2. 2. PART 2

• E.T.
    • River Raid
    • Barnstorming
    • Enduro
    • Pitfall!
    • Q*bert
    • Frogger
    • Donkey Kong
    • Mouse Trap
    • Space Jockey
    • Target Fun (Air-Sea battle)
    • Video Pinball (Sears)
    • Space Invaders (Sears)
    • Jungle Hunt prototype
    • Video Olympics

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

We are all speaking the original language flucking improperly.

We're not talking about original languages. We're talking about the main language used at AtariAge right now and that generally seems to be the version of English used in the United States (with large chunks of it shared with other countries).

Once I become President of the world, every person in every country will have to speak U.S. English if they want their share of Soylent Green.

http://www.speaknspell.co.uk/speaknspell.html

• Like 1

So.... What games should Jr. Pac bring back home? :)

If he can he should bring Air Raid home. That is always my goal when I leave the house. "If I can bring Air Raid home with me today this will have been a great day" I start every day with that statement in my head.

I would be willing to learn how to read, write, and speak my native language properly if I came home with one of those.

I want to give a few thoughts in the interest of being on topic and taking the OP at face value. On an recent vacation, I brought along two Atari plug and plays (joystick and paddle)and a GBA SP and handful of games. I was glad I did, because here is what happens; it will be time to get ready to leave the motel room to see to biggest ball of twine in Minnesota and your Dad will announce that and be ready to go in 2.7 seconds. You being a kid and male, will take a little longer to get on task, but still will be ready in a few minutes. Mom and Sis will take a MINIMUM of 45 minutes to leave the room, so you have time to kill with some games.

I wound up playing a few hours of games this way over a six day vacation.

If you are bringing an actual console, here are a few that have gotten good multi-player play for me:

- Skydiver

- Air / Sea Battle

- Combat

- Human Cannonball

- Warlords (but then you are packing the paddles, too also!)

Edited by Chuck D. Head
  • Like 1

Vacation's already almost over. :P Too late. I brought my Game Boy Color with a Handy Pak Color, Ms. Pac-Man (color edition), Tetris, Pac-Man, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (which I don't even know how to play. :P), and Pokemom Trading Card Game. It's my whole collection. For 2600, I brought a Sears 4sw model with 2 joysticks (one without rubber boot, something's being done to that boot), a Quickshot (which was untested as-is and it works), a pair of paddles, some dust, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Kaboom!, Warlords, Super Breakout, Video Olympics, Enduro, Space Invaders, Frogger, Combat, and River Raid.

• Like 1

Seriously, how old are you? This forum is being flooded with this rubbish lately... The last topic that made sence to me was the release of Boulder Dash music. After that only retarded and kiddish "topics" like should I paint my woody pink or look everyone, I have cleaned the swith in my Junior... Jesus people are you all that retarded... if you don't have anything to post just go outside do some job, learn a language, go shopping, play with children whaever but stop flooding the forums with NONSENCE...

Play with children? Jr. Pac is 10. I consider responding to his "kiddish" topics as playing with children.

This is a valid enough thread - asking for good multiplayer games....Warlords, Super breakout, Combat,Space Invaders, Video Olympics are excellent choices (don't forget your paddles!) Jr Pacman is a good "take turns" game as its so hard so no one game will last too long..

Edited by davyK
  • Like 2

English is a Germanic language. People migrated to England from Germany and their German language evolved into English. English people migrated to America and their English language evolved into American English. So our entire language is speaking German improperly. If speaking a language properly is important and the evolution of language was caused by speaking languages improperly then it is important that we learn the original grunts, grawls, clicks and farts. We are all speaking the original language flucking improperly.

News Flash: Ancient Proto-Germanic and Modern English are different!

Now let's speak Modern English, alright?

I referenced Thee and Thy to show that language is ever evolving, like everything in this universe, especially the English language since it's just a hodgepodge of every other language on this earth.

We humans learned to speak and created languages so we could communicate our ideas to each other. If someone types 'would of' instead of 'would've' sure it's grammatically incorrect, but the message is still being effectively communicated. You understood what they were trying to express to you.

We say 'What's Up?' when we meet a friend and they understand what we mean, even though we are grammatically asking them 'whats above us?' hence smart comebacks such as 'I dunno, the sky, airplanes...' Should we stop saying that too?

*Edit* or would you prefer I said AEROplanes... sorry, just being snarky now

I don't think "snarky" is a word. I heard it on "That 70's Show" and looked it up in the dictionary and it wasn't there.

English is a Germanic language. People migrated to England from Germany and their German language evolved into English. English people migrated to America and their English language evolved into American English. So our entire language is speaking German improperly. If speaking a language properly is important and the evolution of language was caused by speaking languages improperly then it is important that we learn the original grunts, grawls, clicks and farts. We are all speaking the original language flucking improperly.

News Flash: Ancient Proto-Germanic and Modern English are different!

Now let's speak Modern English, alright?

könnt ihr mal alle bitte ordentliches deutsch reden!?

:P

English is a Germanic language. People migrated to England from Germany and their German language evolved into English. English people migrated to America and their English language evolved into American English. So our entire language is speaking German improperly.

I'm just disappointed the Proto-Germanic peoples began speaking Proto-Indo-European improperly!

@RT: Great idea to start a grammar thread! We've desperately needed one of these for a long time! :D

• Like 2

EDIT: Removed any/all Noseybonk references.

(On a serious note, I think we've taken this whole thing too far. And Jr. Pac, quit thinking I'm on your side, because I'm not.)

Edited by Animan