IGNORED

High Score Club 9.21 - Entombed

Ze_ro

Oh, and here are Stan's...

ULTRA MEGA AWESOME-BEYOND-BELIEF SUPER TIPS OF KILLING

1. If you start out and press the button, but it's one of the mazes with the blocks near the top, start over. You've already lost your ability to pass through one wall.

2. If you start out with a maze lacking an entrance, start over, need all the wall passes you can store for later levels.

3. The first 3-4 levels are cake, but to keep things safe, try to generally stay close to the middle. You'll have the most luck there and will require the smallest amount of wall passes.

4. Collect wall passes early on. In the slower levels, you can wait till the last moment to move over to get them.

5. You can waste up to 2 wall passes to collect one you see and still end up on top. Each moving block you collect nabs you 3 more passes, so using 2 will keep you in the lead. More than that, obviously pointless. Even better, collect without needing to use one. This will happen a lot early on, but make sure you wait to see how the maze is panning out.

6. The ghosts are frustrating later on. Often, you're going to need to use a pass to avoid them. Generally, though, they're pretty easy to avoid. The ones that can go through walls generally won't pass by the same position they did, they'll keep moving up and back/forth.

Here just got back from Virginia Beach and Busch Gardens.Found a couple of arcades but they had ALL newer games. Mostly racing and shooting. It would be great to open an 'old school' arcade with about 30 machines.

I would start with the 5 most popular then fill it with my favorites like Crazy Climber, Crystal Castles and Mr Do!.

Anyways good game, sticky walls but fun.

Vocelli: 38

post-28484-0-43600300-1313343747_thumb.jpg

Here just got back from Virginia Beach and Busch Gardens.Found a couple of arcades but they had ALL newer games. Mostly racing and shooting. It would be great to open an 'old school' arcade with about 30 machines.

I would start with the 5 most popular then fill it with my favorites like Crazy Climber, Crystal Castles and Mr Do!.

Anyways good game, sticky walls but fun.

Vocelli: 38

Theres a great old school arcade in VA beach called flipper mcoys or something? The owner is a galaga nut. He has like 3 machines there. One has his all time hi score on it. Good stuff!!

Here just got back from Virginia Beach and Busch Gardens.

DUDE TOTALLY WEIRD. My wife and I were there at the same time as you! Considering the generally smaller crowds this year (probably because of the economy), it's a cinch that we passed each other at some point!

I found that purposely dying on the first level to collect more blocks helps a lot.

Now that's interesting, as I have the opposite experience. I collect far more breaks than I could ever use, and accordingly don't even bother with aiming for them after the first two mazes - yet I still keep piling them up faster than I can use them. The later levels more so quickly, and there's such a delay between pressing the button and the break happening, that often it seems dodging through the mazes is faster, and I use fewer as I progress. In fact, almost all of my deaths now are me rolling off the top while waiting for a break to register when it seemed to be the 'faster' route.

Got a sudden soar in ability... (ENTOMBED ANIMAL!) I hardly even played much this week, only two days and two hours, beat some Twin Galaxie!

MY NEW HUGE SCORE + ROLLAGE!

129 / 100+29

I was annoyed the score didn't read (100) it actually calmed me some, and I just kept on movin!

Entombed Tips,

1. When breaking through the walls, don't keep pushing down, it doesn't register well. Once you run into the wall. Instantly let go of joystick press button, and then push down once the walls gone.

2. Try to stay in the middle-left and right corridors... they have the least amount of wall blocking (normally).

3. To avoid sudden collision with the zombie, stay in the middle or middle lower section of the maze... never go all the way down, sometimes you can't get away from the zombie!

4. Count the bricks 1/2/3/4... there's 4 total floating around in each maze, once you reach the 4th, the maze starts over quickly, be ready to move!!

5. Don't worry about collecting all bricks after maze 3, if you have collected 20-30 by fastest "4th maze" and on... THAT'S PLENTY ENOUGH! The bricks will last you untill a very high score is given. It's more important to move on down and avoid the zombie.

6. Watch the maze, and try to map out a location you want to take, and stick to that,

(untill you need to break bricks)... if the path has too many turns in it, just go down and break the walls, don't try to move around and then down... IT TAKES TOO LONG!

post-3059-0-07048900-1313512145_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ze_ro, this is an FYI. I think Frostbite76 and Stan each need +2 points in the overall standings. I don't think Frostbite76 got his bonus for the "best tip" of week 11 (Fathom), and Stan was not allocated his "best tip" bonus for week 12 (Stargate).

Wow, nice catch, you're right! How on earth did you notice that?

--Zero

I don't know how you guys are getting such high scores. As soon as the screens start scrolling fast, my guy gets stuck to a wall and I can't unstick him fast enough. Either that or, if I do go through the maze cleanly, I run into a spider or whatever that is.

They're ghosts! Get it right! When I first started playing this again, I was pretty frustrated with the stickiness, but really, once you get this game down, it's real smooth. It's all about being able to accurately judge your position in relationship to each path, and if you screw up being able to adjust very quickly. In the case of my score here, I hoped to roll, but two dumb wall moving ghosts got the better of me. Not much you can do about them in certain cases. Sometimes you can't even see which direction they're coming from. I'll likely roll it some day, but for now, my high score will stand at...

I'm happy I at least broke 70, that was my goal.

post-22322-0-93174200-1313553368_thumb.jpg