IGNORED

Tracking your collection

Master Phruby

I haven't set up a database for 2600 yet, but I use an Excel spreadsheet for other systems. I like to know when I bought something, how much I paid (including shipping), stuff like that.

I have the Video Game Trader price guide app for my Ipod/Ipad, and it has a very basic have/want database. Good for taking with you on the go.

I use Openoffice spreadsheet, I generally dislike programs because IMO it's full of useless information, I don't care about bar-codes, description, genre, developer, publisher, how many tonnes of plastic used to make the game, rating, etc. Also, I like seeing the games I DON'T have which most collectors programs only track what you have.

My Spreadsheet for all games has only 5-6 columns. with make shift boxes that I add an x into if I have it.

C (Cartridge) | I (Instructions) | B (Box) | O (Overlay if Applicable) | Title | Rarity

I find it much easier to find a game and edit it, plus I can color code games that I've paid for but haven't received yet, insert comments without adding a new column, and easily add a game variation.

I also use RFGeneration database but it isn't ever 100% accurate since it has many titles/variations missing.

Just last night I got a spreed sheet from Cebus which I'm in the process of editing into what I was looking to create in the first place. Basically its a spreed sheet with most of the information from the AA 2600 data base so that it can be sorted however you would like quickly.

I too like to know what games I don't have, so this sheet will let me sort out every NTSC game we have listed here buy label, rarity, company, cart design, game name, and if I own it or not. The vast majority of this work was done by Cebus so he gets the credit for sure, but I'll post the spreed sheet as soon as I'm done with it. Its a very handy thing for me. I could get more information in there, but when I list that I own a game I use a key to list what I own for it. So L/M/CIB would mean I have a loose copy with manual and a CIB copy... It wont be hard to add more rows for what ever your tracking requires.

Oh, I should mention its currently in open office format, but I think I can save it in open office and XL format so I'll upload both. Should be later tonight.

Is it anything like this copy and paste thing I did awhile back for myself?

Just last night I got a spreed sheet from Cebus which I'm in the process of editing into what I was looking to create in the first place. Basically its a spreed sheet with most of the information from the AA 2600 data base so that it can be sorted however you would like quickly.

I too like to know what games I don't have, so this sheet will let me sort out every NTSC game we have listed here buy label, rarity, company, cart design, game name, and if I own it or not. The vast majority of this work was done by Cebus so he gets the credit for sure, but I'll post the spreed sheet as soon as I'm done with it. Its a very handy thing for me. I could get more information in there, but when I list that I own a game I use a key to list what I own for it. So L/M/CIB would mean I have a loose copy with manual and a CIB copy... It wont be hard to add more rows for what ever your tracking requires.

Oh, I should mention its currently in open office format, but I think I can save it in open office and XL format so I'll upload both. Should be later tonight.

Atari 2600 Games List.xls

Eh... Replace those images with actual searchable text and you might have something. As it is, it's not much better than a stapled-together print-out. And autofilter, freeze the top row, and remove that blank row while you're at it :)

Kind of, but a bit more polished and sortable. Atleast I couldn't get the one you uploaded to sort properly. The ability to search and sort spreed sheets is really what makes them awesome to me.

For example, where you have the images from the rarity copied over the sheet I have had the actual number typed in so that it can be sorted by that number. That is work Cebus did when he made his sheet so I didn't have to do it again or it would take much longer to get it done.

Rex Dart & HatefulGravey: Oh OK...yea I just did a lil copy and paste off the website so I can quickly open the Excel file up and look up specific games rather than reloading and sorting the rarity guide each time I wanted to check something..I guess if I wanted to I could polish it :ponder:

I decided to leave it simple :D

Rex Dart: How do you freeze a specific row in MS Excel? I used to know how to do it but I totally forgot.

EDIT: Nevermind...just found it, lol

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/microsoft-office/make-row-labels-in-excel-2007-freeze-for-easier-reading/

Yeah, just select row 2, then go up to Window > Freeze Panes.

And if you'll select the top row and go up to Data > Filter > Autofilter, you'll have just made your spreadsheet twice as useful.

I played around with it for a while, didn't find a simple way to replace all those images with actual text, sorry. If I were better with regexp I could have it replace all that caca in one sweep.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...