IGNORED

No memory cards

RXB

So my SAMS 1024K stopped working correctly and now my TI 32K is dead too. What could cause this?

I swapped out every card I have till I got a working system and put together two separate PBox to make a good one.

Worked for a couple of weeks but last night my TI 32K card will not respond, lights up but EA Cart says no memory, same as XB.

I had to swap out my SAMS as it would work then not then work then not. Any solutions people?

Buffers in the flex interface, or in the console.

I imagine the memory cards, TI and SAMS will use the +12V line in the PEB and regulate it down to +5V so check the voltages on the PEB power rails. This is difficult to do, because you need to do it with the cards in - in other words, the power supply has to be loaded or otherwise it will look like it's fine when it might actually be weak under heavy load.

There's a circuit board of electronics in the PEB associated with the PSU, but I'm not sure what it does.

is your floppy still working ?

Floppy? Yea works fine but makes 99% of my SCSI HD software worthless. Also can not write programs in anything.Well except XB and BASIC.

Edited by RXB

Old gear. Just like your GRAM cards (except those were abused in the past.) Something will fail, eventually.

The PEB has a linear power supply and provides 16VDC, -16VDC, and 8VDC *unregulated* to the cards. The 5VDC and 12VDC in the PEB are for the floppy drive only. PEB cards typically use a 7805 to regulate the 8VDC down to 5VDC for the card. You can test the PEB voltages without load, however, if something is failing then the voltages may change under load.

Floppy? Yea works fine but makes 99% of my SCSI HD software worthless. Also can not write programs in anything.Well except XB and BASIC.

Take your scuzzy card out and try the memory cards. Report back....

LOL Well this is really strange. The SAMS card works as 32K fine without or with the SCSI card, but if I put in either PGRAM card that Matthew fixed for me both take out the 32K?

But if no 32K the PGRAM works fine, WTH? Does the PGRAM CRU take out the SAMS card?

Or maybe it is a power problem, that last card just does in the system. But does not matter if a RS232 is installed or not so something is amiss.

Take your scuzzy card out and try the memory cards. Report back....

LOL Well this is really strange. The SAMS card works as 32K fine without or with the SCSI card, but if I put in either PGRAM card that Matthew fixed for me both take out the 32K?

But if no 32K the PGRAM works fine, WTH? Does the PGRAM CRU take out the SAMS card?

Or maybe it is a power problem, that last card just does in the system. But does not matter if a RS232 is installed or not so something is amiss.

You are like trying to keep up with a tornado Rich. Slow the fuck down....

Try your memory cards by them selves and add a card until the system breaks. Do this one at a time and don't jump the gun by adding multiples. If you have cards with batteries then change the batteries before you add them in.

Report back....

Edited by marc.hull

I hope you are patiently waiting two minutes before removing/inserting cards from/into the PEB. It is easy to compound one problem with another where these cards are concerned, particularly when trying to trouble-shoot so many cards at once.

As Marc so eloquently put it -- slow down.

You need to slowly build your system, starting with the base components one by one. Only then can you properly determine the faulty card(s). Troubleshooting 101 requires you to change only one variable at a time. Unless you are a math major who enjoys (or in my case used to enjoy) solving complex equations.

:)

Tim

Well got it to work with only a SCSI and CorComp card and SAMS. Or with PGRAM and and no SAMS or 32K.

Can not get a working system with 32K and PGRAM at same time, I am thinking it is the CRU on that PGRAM that is the problem. 1700 is set as normal.