IGNORED

High Score Club 9.22 - Road Runner

Ze_ro

177,700!

post-9712-0-11134500-1313971609_thumb.png

Made it to level 8! I "mastered" the cannon level. Here's my tip for the cannons:

As you approach the first cannon (the one that shoots from right to left) get Wile E. Coyote as close to you as possible. That way, the cannon will shoot him (sometimes several times, earning lots of points.) If he gets shot, try to keep the cannon on screen so it will shoot him multiple times. Each time he's hit, you score 200 extra points. Once he gets out of the way of the cannon, take the top road (don't worry about missing bird seed. Staying alive is more important.) Use the timing tip from the earlier post for your best chance of getting past the cannon, but while you're on the top road, keep pressing left. You won't go anywhere, but When you press left, Wile E. moves away from you. When you see your opening, slip by the cannon, but try to keep it on screen, so it shoots Wile E. (hopefully multiple times again.) I racked up close to 2000 points one time, letting the cannon blast away at the coyote.

Wash, rinse, repeat through the level. I think the sequence plays through 4 times before the end of the level. It'll take some practice and some luck.

Level 5 is more steel shot and land mines. Just keep running circles around Wile E. and you'll be fine.

Level 6 is the boulders. Patience is the key to this level. Go around Wile E. and press on the right side until you have a clear path past the boulders. This level takes the longest because you have to be patient for the openings, sometimes.

Level 7 is more steel shot and land mines.

Level 8 is more cannons.

Hoping to beat level 8 and see what happens. Probably just starts over at level 1.

• Like 1

Made it to level 8! I "mastered" the cannon level. Here's my tip for the cannons:

Wow! :-o I've only managed to dabble in level 4 a few times.

When you got to level 5 the first time, were you able to get to level 8 right away on that same game or was it a gradual progression?

Edited by Miss 2600

Wow! :-o I've only managed to dabble in level 4 a few times.

When you got to level 5 the first time, were you able to get to level 8 right away on that same game or was it a gradual progression?

No, it took a couple games to really get the hang of the cannons...and a couple more to figure out the boulders. :) The steel shot levels are really easy for me now. The trick is to literally run circles around Wile E. Jump over the mines and let him blow himself up, too. :)

Edited by Deteacher

Yes. When you're running right to left and he gets close to you, swing around and run all the way to the right. When he gets close to you again, swing around again and continue on to the left. Learn to get Wile E. in line with the trucks because there are huge points to be scored that way, too.

You can easily rack up 60K in points after the first level.

Use the timing tip from the earlier post for your best chance of getting past the cannon, but while you're on the top road, keep pressing left.

Deteacher, what timing tip are you referring to? I'm getting exasperated by these canons :x

By the way, congratulations to Deteacher and Pis for getting past level 4. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Apparently, I could also use some tips on how to use the "insert quote" function :P

Edited by Gorfy

Use the timing tip from the earlier post for your best chance of getting past the cannon, but while you're on the top road, keep pressing left.

Deteacher, what timing tip are you referring to? I'm getting exasperated by these canons :x

By the way, congratulations to Deteacher and Pis for getting past level 4. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Apparently, I could also use some tips on how to use the "insert quote" function :P

Someone mentioned earlier about watching when the cannons fire. If they fire 2 or 3 shots in quick succession, that's when your best opportunity to go for it is. It can be frustrating, but as long as you are on the top level, pressing against the left "wall", Wile E. can't catch you. :)

I'm with you stan!

This is a historic system. Game availability is good. You owe it to video game history to own the original game and the instructions. Roms are great to mess around with...but i like the physical cart.

Awesome! Let's not play it together!

Hey, this isn't a Collecting Score Club, it's a High Score Club icon_smile.gif

Don't we all collect? I've got over 200 carts and counting, and I generally dislike the feel of emulation as well, but we're talking about playing the games here, and a Harmony lets you do that while you wait for the game to come in the mail [almost always late!] Besides, it's custom made, limited quantity released so far, blah blah blah...

Oh wait, it's a competition! Hell yeah, don't play this week and I don't have to worry about you catching up, Stan icon_razz.gif

I don't have a stelladaptor :( The store is closed. Playing with a keyboard on my laptop is nasty.

I felt the earth move! Craziest thing I have ever been through. Anyone else?

Wow! You must have REALLY felt that, being so close. We felt it pretty strong here in Northern DE.

Yea, the room started shaking and then it didnt stop. I ran out the door. It stopped about 30 seconds later. Very scary for me. The people I was with sat there like deer in headlights. If it would have gotten worse they would have been crushed. They made fun of me until they found out it truely was an earthquake. Then they evacuated the building. My quick Atari reflexes would have saved my life! Hail to Atari, they can save lives.

Edited by Vocelli
  • Like 1

I felt the earth move! Craziest thing I have ever been through. Anyone else?

Wow! You must have REALLY felt that, being so close. We felt it pretty strong here in Northern DE.

Yea, the room started shaking and then it didnt stop. I ran out the door. It stopped about 30 seconds later. Very scary for me. The people I was with sat there like deer in headlights. If it would have gotten worse they would have been crushed. They made fun of me until they found out it truely was an earthquake. Then they evacuated the building. My quick Atari reflexes would have saved my life! Hail to Atari, they can save lives.

I felt a few tremors in the 80's before but was so long ago, not a 30 second shake LIKE THAT! More like a 5 second one. Very odd feeling, to leave is the right way to go even if it's a weak earthquake. I'd never move to Japan or LA, I'll say that. Once an elevator opened too soon, and I jumped out before it stopped... I didn't trust it, seeing a quarter of the 3rd floor passing by lol.

I'm in Florida and praying the hurricane either weakens or stays east... :ponder:

New score made it to level 6! Level 4 is much easier now for me...! but it might be too late to learn level 6.

Roadrunner 116,100

My Bonus Pic...

Cement truck set up to drop off cement on the street by Will-E Coyote to stop roadrunners speed, and he will use the net/cage to nab that cheeky monkey!

ROADRUNNER CANNOT READ THE SIGN! ROAD CLOSED.. CEMENT TRUCK.... WAKE UP BIRD!!!

post-3059-0-28421000-1314147720_thumb.jpg

post-3059-0-88851400-1314147842_thumb.jpg