IGNORED

High Score Club 9.22 - Road Runner

Ze_ro

Finally got to Level 4. Level 3 seemed very short, or maybe I was killed halfway through and just needed to get through the other half so it seemed short. As Jacob mentioned, the trick is to keep the Coyote on the screen, so slowing down and keeping control is key. Then try to keep blowing up the coyote with landmines.

post-2105-0-41527600-1313763092_thumb.jpg

I'm with you stan!

This is a historic system. Game availability is good. You owe it to video game history to own the original game and the instructions. Roms are great to mess around with...but i like the physical cart.

Awesome! Let's not play it together!

• Like 1

I'm with you stan!

This is a historic system. Game availability is good. You owe it to video game history to own the original game and the instructions. Roms are great to mess around with...but i like the physical cart.

Hey, this isn't a Collecting Score Club, it's a High Score Club icon_smile.gif

Don't we all collect? I've got over 200 carts and counting, and I generally dislike the feel of emulation as well, but we're talking about playing the games here, and a Harmony lets you do that while you wait for the game to come in the mail [almost always late!] Besides, it's custom made, limited quantity released so far, blah blah blah...

Oh wait, it's a competition! Hell yeah, don't play this week and I don't have to worry about you catching up, Stan icon_razz.gif

• Like 2

First chance to play this week: 62,700.

Haven't quite figured out that third level yet, but keeping Wile E on screen seems to be a great starter tip. Thanks!

Rested my palm a bit, and got a bump: 70,700.

Doesn't seem worth posting a picture yet [also, my daughter is sleeping in the room with the computer I'd need to use for that]...

No idea what to do on level 4. I died almost instantly from that first canon-thingy icon_sad.gif

hm, work to do still

ACME Challenge!

I have several ideas for Wile E., including the basic lesson of the Bond villain... stop mucking with gadgets, buy a high powered rifle, and shoot the sucker!

But this, illustrated by my two rough diagrams, is the ultimate, fool-proof way for Wile E to see his nemesis dead, guaranteed:

1. post-29468-0-41485900-1313815880_thumb.jpg 2. post-29468-0-23575600-1313815892_thumb.jpg

Explanation of the figures.

1. A roadrunner lives 7-8 years [average].

2. A coyote lives 10-15 years [average].

Conclusion: Wile E will live twice as long as the Roadrunner, assuming he doesn't kill himself first with all his dumb plans! Just kick back and wait for the inevitable!

First chance to play this week: 62,700.

Haven't quite figured out that third level yet, but keeping Wile E on screen seems to be a great starter tip. Thanks!

You can eat the buck shot, but just be ready for him to really be on your butt. My tip for this is: If there isn't any birdseed near the buckshot, I leave the buck shot alone. Birdseed cancels out the buckshot.

I'm with you stan!This is a historic system. Game availability is good. You owe it to video game history to own the original game and the instructions. Roms are great to mess around with...but i like the physical cart.
Hey, this isn't a Collecting Score Club, it's a High Score Club icon_smile.gif Don't we all collect? I've got over 200 carts and counting, and I generally dislike the feel of emulation as well, but we're talking about playing the games here, and a Harmony lets you do that while you wait for the game to come in the mail [almost always late!] Besides, it's custom made, limited quantity released so far, blah blah blah...Oh wait, it's a competition! Hell yeah, don't play this week and I don't have to worry about you catching up, Stan icon_razz.gif

I personaly also prefer to play the games that i got in my collection, witch make sence to me becouse i own quite a lot of fun games.

But to be able to participate in a hole season of the high score club you offcourse need some sort of emulation, or an realy, realy super-huge collection.

Therefore i perticipate when ever i feel like it. More then a handfull of the games selected for this season were only releesed in NTSC-format, witch are games that i offcourse never got to play as a kid/youth in Sweden and are a bit tricky for me to get a hold of outside american e-bay. So... i always wich that a game i realy want to play would be picked for the weak, but if not i have a lot of fun playing the games i got anyway.

What i like the most about the HSC is that you guys have opened my eyes to a lot of fun games that i maybe only played ones or twice before and thoght of as crap. So even if i don´t participate in the competition that often im always with you in spirit. :)

First sitdown with road runner:

I think i maxed the score on the first level, then i sprinted throu the second level without scoring more then a couple of tousand points, then i failed completely on the third level. So i should be able to improve my score.

Just as a side note, the highest I've scored on level 1 by itself so far is 61500. Yay trucks.

In the year 200X, the coyote tries something a little more modern...

wileyspike.jpg

A bridge made of those damn disappearing blocks that would annoy Megaman, timed so they all disappear simultaneously. We all know how this'll play out for the poor coyote...

Edited by Jifremok

72900 on the third level. Luring the coyote into trucks is almost second nature to me.

roadrunner72k.jpg

Just as a side note, the highest I've scored on level 1 by itself so far is 61500. Yay trucks.

I'm getting better at luring the coyote into trucks, too. My highest score so far on level 1 is 57,000 and something.

Tip for levels 1-3:

The key to me is to slow down and keep in control. My instinct is to run as fast as possible away from the coyote, but if I slow down and keep him at just the right distance away, it is pretty easy to move him into trucks on the 1st level. I actually stop the RR in his tracks a lot of the time after I pass a truck or landmine and just watch the coyote get smashed or fried.

I can't stay alive long enough to get the hang of level 4. I spent a little more time on the 4th level when I got the score below. I know to avoid the cannon by taking the detour above, but haven't mastered getting back on the main road and avoiding the cannon although I managed to avoid it once. I guess the timing of the cannon blasts is key. I did lure the coyote into the cannon once :D

Finally in the 70K club:

post-2105-0-49069200-1313963134_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miss 2600