IGNORED

THE OFFICIAL ATARI 2600 HEAVY 6-SWITCH LIST

mtshark7

Here's my latest pickup. -- Thanks spawnshop.

NTSC/PAL/Sears/Special: NTSC

Serial # (Ex: #54035V or #007649): 35401F
MFG Location (Sunnyvale, Taiwan): Sunnyvale
(Owner/AA Member), Steve Ramirez /sramirez2008
(Location= City, State, Country): Houston, TX, USA
A/B Channel Slot (Yes/No): No
A/B Channel Switch (Yes/No): Unsure...haven't opened the case
Functional (Yes/No): Yes
Previous Owner: AA Member Spawnshop

post-21941-0-42797500-1457709734_thumb.jpg post-21941-0-93217800-1457709752_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Here's mine:

Serial # (Ex: #54035V or #007649): 84753H
(Owner/AA Member), Kikenovic
(Location= City, State, Country): Apodaca, MX
A/B Channel Switch (Yes/No): No

Previous Owner: Celeste Pérez / Autlán, MX

post-39861-0-68839800-1457969900_thumb.jpg

post-39861-0-21220700-1457969902_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I got a decent deal on a Sears Heavy Sixer a while back. I Initially wanted an Atari branded one, but I have to admit to really falling for this Sears unit. I kind of like the distinctive look the marbled grain and silver panel give it.

Anyways, it serial # 87101R, made in Sunnyvale. It doesn't have the channel selector or the hole for it on the bottom. It came with Sears paddles and (I believe) two CX-10 heavy sixer joysticks. The paddles work great! The joysticks not so much. One doesn't work at all, and on the other, only left works. The paint and finish almost look too good.

post-41431-0-54558400-1436241520_thumb.jpg
post-41431-0-14900700-1436241527_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I got a decent deal on a Sears Heavy Sixer a while back. I Initially wanted an Atari branded one, but I have to admit to really falling for this Sears unit. I kind of like the distinctive look the marbled grain and silver panel give it.

Anyways, it serial # 87101R, made in Sunnyvale. It doesn't have the channel selector or the hole for it on the bottom. It came with Sears paddles and (I believe) two CX-10 heavy sixer joysticks. The paddles work great! The joysticks not so much. One doesn't work at all, and on the other, only left works. The paint and finish almost look too good.

Welcome to the club. Just like yourself, my first Heavy Sixer ended up the Sears model. I now own both brands and love them equally. :)

• Like 1

Were heavy sixers ever made in Taiwan? I've got what I'm sure is a heavy sixer, but it has "Made in Taiwan" on the label.

Correction: it doesn't say "made" , but it does say "in Taiwan". I would have to go back and look again to see what comes before that.

Edited by Atarian7
  • Like 1

Were heavy sixers ever made in Taiwan? I've got what I'm sure is a heavy sixer, but it has "Made in Taiwan" on the label.

You most likely got one of the last manufactured Heavy Sixer models. They were made in Taiwan around July-August 1978 before production started on the Light Sixers. Does your model have a channel select switch? Cause 1978 models have the channel select switch and ones made in 1977 do not.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought an untested six-switch on impulse from eBay, turned out to be a perfectly-functional, good-condition heavy. I am extremely okay with this.

----

Serial #: 67667G
MFG Location: Sunnyvale
Owner/AA Member: Taylor Glimo / K-Maud
A/B Channel Slot: No
A/B Channel Switch: No
Functional: Yes
Refurbished (Silver Label): No

Notes:
- Included 2 CX-10 Joysticks (one is partially nonfunctional) and original Atari-logo Paddle Controllers (both with the dreaded "jitter" issues, and require cleaning)

- Games included: Combat (appears to be original text variation, missing end label), Telegames Blackjack, Telegames Pong Sports
- Left Controller port is damaged, but appears to still function perfectly -- see attached picture

post-45476-0-35490100-1460412799_thumb.jpg

post-45476-0-49653000-1460412806_thumb.jpg

post-45476-0-22182000-1460412820_thumb.jpg

post-45476-0-55851300-1460412835_thumb.jpg

post-45476-0-99288700-1460413036_thumb.jpg

post-45476-0-96450400-1460413050_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is this thread being maintained?

I found the old "official" Heavy Sixer thread and posted on it yesterday when I received my first, but apparently that one is defunct (though people have been posting in it fairly recently), and this one has fallen down into the guts of the forum ...

Anyway, here's that I got:

NTSC/PAL/Sears/Special: Sears
Serial #: 69023T
(Owner/AA Member), (Location= City, State, Country): DrVenkman, Murfreesboro TN
Notes (Previous owner, display only, white sticker, parts fixed, green connector, Switchboard/Motherboard Revision #): N/A for now. I haven't disassembled it for cleaning and inspection yet.

post-30400-0-79862300-1465341149_thumb.jpg

post-30400-0-54469400-1465341135_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is this thread being maintained?

I found the old "official" Heavy Sixer thread and posted on it yesterday when I received my first, but apparently that one is defunct (though people have been posting in it fairly recently), and this one has fallen down into the guts of the forum ...

Anyway, here's that I got:

Serial #: 69023T

(Owner/AA Member), (Location= City, State, Country): DrVenkman, Murfreesboro TN

Notes (Previous owner, display only, white sticker, parts fixed, green connector, Switchboard/Motherboard Revision #): N/A for now. I haven't disassembled it for cleaning and inspection yet.

I took my Sears Heavy apart today for cleaning and inspection. From the look of it, and how hard it was to break the stiction of the screws holding the RF shield together, I think it's the first time the thing has been taken apart since it was put together. I think that was early to mid '78 based on the mid-'77 date codes on the chips and RF modulator, and the "T" serial number. It was a little grimy on the outside, especially in the grooves of the top, and around the switch board PCB - gah, smokers' houses. You can tell 'em every time by the nicotine stains and grime. Under the the RF shield was beautiful, however.

post-30400-0-95879900-1466280752_thumb.jpg

post-30400-0-39742300-1466280766_thumb.jpg

post-30400-0-28219900-1466280822_thumb.jpg

post-30400-0-53979000-1466280889_thumb.jpg

post-30400-0-80606400-1466280919_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi i got mine about 6 months ago at a thrift store in NJ the serial is 26449G it was 50 bucks with 2 joysticks not cx10's and 12 games it needed a real good restore but was not abused so it came out pretty good i keep it in a lit display with the gate fold (not seen on left) 01 red Combat. I also have more on the system at my Youtube channel at Crazymoon67@YouTube.com like and subscribe if you want but as of now ive pulled the plug do to poor viewership.

Hi i got mine about 6 months ago at a thrift store in NJ the serial is 26449G it was 50 bucks with 2 joysticks not cx10's and 12 games it needed a real good restore but was not abused so it came out pretty good i keep it in a lit display with the gate fold (not seen on left) 01 red Combat. I also have more on the system at my Youtube channel at Crazymoon67@YouTube.com like and subscribe if you want but as of now ive pulled the plug do to poor viewership.

post-48050-0-65319400-1490114309_thumb.jpeg

post-48050-0-62351000-1490115023_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Crazymoon67
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

Hello new to this forum and i have a Sears heavy sixer.

Serial #: 59068V
(Owner/AA Member), (Location= City, State, Country): Johnrh, Detroit MI
A/B Channel Slot (Yes/No): Yes
Notes (Previous owner, display only, white sticker, parts fixed, green connector, Switchboard/Motherboard Revision #): N/A

• 2 months later...

Hi

New to the forum. I'm doing some clean out/ downsizing and found my old Atari unit. Here is the worksheet:

Worksheet:
Serial # (Ex: #54035V or #007649): T 0009701
(Owner/AA Member), (Location= City, State, Country): Phil Keith, Dansville, NY
A/B Channel Switch (Yes/No): Yes
Notes (Previous owner, display only, white sticker, parts fixed, green connector, Switchboard/Motherboard Revision #): Two CX-1- joy sticks (one has had “shims” added to adjust poor or non-movement); Two Commodore joy sticks (one non-functional)

Here is my beautiful Heavy Sixer:

post-39934-0-15099300-1512600764_thumb.jpgpost-39934-0-91201100-1512600770_thumb.jpg

Serial # (Ex: #54035V or #007649): none (sticker removed)
MFG Location (Sunnyvale, Taiwan): ?
(Owner/AA Member), (Location= City, State, Country): Kennesaw, GA, USA
A/B Channel Switch (Yes/No): Yes*

Notes (Previous owner, display only, white sticker, parts fixed, green connector, Switchboard/Motherboard Revision #):

Bought as non-working from Ebay. There is no serial sticker, nor is there a date taped to the metal box inside. The switchboard is the same as found in a light sixer. The board inside the metal box has the rainbow colored wires connecting it to the switchboard. This indicates to me that it is either refurbished or built during the transition to light sixer. I would love more info on this.

There is evidence it was opened at one point. The date paper usually taped to the metal box was missing. And two screws were missing from the metal box.

As a side note, I just bought H6 internals which I plan to restore and put in my H6. It's been stripped of its switches and the heatsink. I have the replacement switched (from Best Electronics), but not the heatsink. Any tips would be appreciated. I'll update this post after I get the new internals installed in the H6.

Refurbished (Silver Label) (Yes/No): ? (sticker missing)
IF REFURBISHED:
Refurbished Serial # (Ex:#171267):

• 4 weeks later...

Bought an untested six-switch on impulse from eBay, turned out to be a perfectly-functional, good-condition heavy. I am extremely okay with this.

----

Serial #: 67667G

MFG Location: Sunnyvale

Owner/AA Member: Taylor Glimo / K-Maud

A/B Channel Slot: No

A/B Channel Switch: No

Functional: Yes

Refurbished (Silver Label): No

Notes:

- Included 2 CX-10 Joysticks (one is partially nonfunctional) and original Atari-logo Paddle Controllers (both with the dreaded "jitter" issues, and require cleaning)

- Games included: Combat (appears to be original text variation, missing end label), Telegames Blackjack, Telegames Pong Sports

- Left Controller port is damaged, but appears to still function perfectly -- see attached picture

Those sticks are CX10's too.

Darryl

• 4 weeks later...

I paid just $30 for my heavy sixer a few months ago. Found it at a small video game shop in Grand Prarie, they sold it to me for $30 because there was no guarantee it would work so I took my chances. I refurbished it recently. I put a new AC Adapter on it, new orange paint edge, using FB 3 controllers, rebuilt paddle controllers. PLAYS PURE AWESOMENESS!!!!

Worksheet:

NTSC

Serial #: 56910E

MFG Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Owner: Aaron Bertholf from Fort Worth, TX

Notes: I personally refurbished this heavy sixer. I changed out the RF Cable with a 6 ft. coax cable using a coax to phono adapter to go inside the 2600. I am using joysticks that come from the Flashback 3 since my CX10 controller is in total disrepair. Repainted the orange edges with new orange paint. The paddle controllers have been rebuilt by myself. Probably one of the best heavy sixers I have personally seen IMO.

Refurbished (Silver Label) (Yes/No): No

Hi

I sent a Personal Message to you on your system. It would be in your mail box on this site. Please could you contact me back.

Thank you

Sean39

Edited by Sean39

OK I am on the original list but here it is again

NTSC/PAL/Atari/Special: NTSC
Serial # 57020 E
MFG Location Sunnyvale,CA
(Owner/AA Member), (Location= City, State, Country):Original / Sean39, TX, USA
A/B Channel Slot (Yes/No): no
A/B Channel Switch (Yes/No):no
Functional (Yes/No): Yes​

In original box with original Paddles and both CX10 joysticks, all advertisements, manuals, and warranty card, original grey power adapter

all card board inserts are in the box. Also have gated folded boxes games Combat, and Air Sea Battle.

Rare Chess piece Box from 1977

Thanks

• Like 1

• 10 months later...