IGNORED

THE OFFICIAL ATARI 2600 HEAVY 6-SWITCH LIST

mtshark7

I have 2 ntsc h6ers;

#41327M, mfg in sunnyvale, no hole or switch,works great! Found on ebay, Had to repair ac power jack.

The other H6 is;

#21657J, mfg in sunnyvale, has hole but no switch, works great as well, also found on ebay, replaced rf modulator and A201.

Sorry no pictures, ill take some soon!

• 2 months later...

NTSC/PAL/Sears/Special: NTSC Sears
Serial #:70623U
MFG Location: Sunnyvale
SmileyDude, Wilmington, MA
A/B Channel Slot (Yes/No): No
A/B Channel Switch (Yes/No): No
Functional (Yes/No): Yes
Notes (Previous owner, display only, white sticker, parts fixed, green connector, Switchboard/Motherboard Revision #):

Was given to me from my dad who got it from someone who cleaned out an apartment in the Cincinnati area. Had to replace the power connector with one from a broken 4-switch Vader, also swapped the TIA chip but that appeared not to be necessary afterwards.

Has the "Do Not Attempt Game Repair" sticker on it, no manufacturing date on visible on either sticker.

Refurbished (Silver Label) (Yes/No): No

Edited by SmileyDude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My heavy:

NTSC

Serial # 62170L

Mfg Location: Sunnyvale

Owner: Lumpy01, Spencerport, NY

A/B Channel Slot: No

A/B Channel Switch: No

Functional: Yes

Parts fixed: Switches cleaned & rebuilt, Hex buffer chip replaced.

Refurbished: No

SPECIAL:

Motherboard sticker # : 99 01100038

Shielding sticker #: 99 05800058

Switchboard: C010462 Rev B

Motherboard: C010433 Rev B

post-12985-0-78203000-1396609850_thumb.jpgpost-12985-0-95494700-1396609851_thumb.jpgpost-12985-0-16130000-1396609850_thumb.jpgpost-12985-0-75880600-1396609847_thumb.jpgpost-12985-0-74213200-1396609846_thumb.jpgpost-12985-0-81688100-1396609845_thumb.jpgpost-12985-0-90553300-1396609848_thumb.jpgpost-12985-0-75152800-1396609844_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lumpy01

NTSC

Serial # 568240199

MFG Location: Hong Kong

Owner: Me, now

Functional : Yes

Hey I don't think that's a valid serial number? They usually end with a letter if it's NTSC.

Do you have pics you could post?

So how does one know if theirs is an NTSC or a PAL?

Isn't NTSC North America and PAL is Europe, or something like that?

PAL units are just numbers for the serial number, usually 5 numbers.

NTSC serial numbers end with a letter.

NTSC is USA. PAL is UK.

Light sixer....

Oooh good point! I'm so used to every one knowing the difference between the two, lol.

I've updated the original post with an excellent video explaining the differences between the two.

IndyJones1023: Could you post a pic of the front of the unit so I could verify if it is a light 6-switch? If so I'll provide you with a link to the light 6-switch forum on here. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

It's about time I added my Heavy Sixer to the list.

NTSC

Serial #: 68139E

MFG Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Owner: BalloonFighter Location: Central Florida, USA

A/B Channel Slot: Yes

Notes: Although the console works, some colors display on the screen incorrectly. I believe the color potentiometer needs to be readjusted. There is also the number 680 stamped in red above the serial number.

Refurbished: No

Pics:

blogentry-34393-0-38849400-1351908260_thumb.jpg
I'll add a pic of the Serial # sticker as soon as I can.
Edited by BalloonFighter

Dont see too many Taiwan models. Anyway I picked one up for $40 w/heavy sixer joysticks and clean as a whistle!

Atari 2600 Heavy 6 Switch List
Worksheet:
NTSC/PAL/Sears/Special: NTSC
Serial # (Ex: #54035V or #007649):T 0008040
MFG Location (Sunnyvale, Taiwan): Taiwan
(Owner/AA Member), (Location= City, State, Country): Scotty, Mount Pleasant, SC
A/B Channel Slot (Yes/No): Yes
A/B Channel Switch (Yes/No): Yes

Manf. Date: 6/26/1978

Worksheet:
NTSC
Serial #: 55759F
Owner: No clue, got it at flea market. I'm near Toronto, these are extremely rare up here.
Notes : white sticker. Super clean system.
Refurbished (Silver Label) (Yes/No): No

• 1 month later...

I think I might have either a “Taiwanese” Heavy Sixer or possibly a refurbished model. Externally it appears to be a Light Sixer, but when I cracked open the case; the guts appear to be a Heavy Sixer . . .the shielding is definitely bigger and heavier than what is in my "Darth Vader" model.

The sticker on the bottom appears to be silver, serial # 070090 and says MFG in Sunnyvale, but inside there is a “Made in Tawian” sticker.

NTSC
Serial # 070090
MFG Location: Sunnyvale on external sticker; Taiwan on internal sticker
AtariAge ID: Ragno
Location=Sacramento, CA, USA
A/B Channel Slot (Yes/No): Yes
A/B Channel Switch (Yes/No):
Notes: purchased from eBay
Refurbished (Silver Label) (Yes/No): Maybe

Edited by Ragno

• 4 weeks later...

Got a really sweet pickup last night. A beaut of an H-sixer from an original 1977 owner. Came with "Atari" branded paddles (two pair!) and driving controllers. The only thing I was puzzled by, was the inclusion of stiff CX-40s, rather than CX-10s. Maybe they upgraded. Or maybe Atari changed the pack-in sticks after a while. Anyone know?

Worksheet:

Serial # 59797F

Owner/Location: phattyboombatty

A/B Channel Slot: No

Notes: I am now the second owner. Superb condition; wood grain and shiny inlaid Atari logo are pristine. Original paddles and driving controllers. Bonus: Two Gatefold games (Star Ship & Blackjack). Pics to come after she gets a bath.

Refurbished No

post-28334-0-42188900-1410412618_thumb.jpg

I got 3 Heavy sixers (joined this site with only 1 )

Worksheet:

Serial # 28947F
MFG Location (Sunnyvale, Taiwan):
(Owner/AA Member), chas10e (Location= City, State, Country): New England USA
A/B Channel Slot (Yes/No):
A/B Channel Switch (Yes/No):
Functional (Yes/No): Yes but has some sound issues after replacing B/W switch & reset switch & RF cord NOS
Notes (Previous owner, display only, white sticker, parts fixed, green connector, Switchboard/Motherboard Revision #):

I'm origonal owner received Christmas of '77 when I was 12 years old .... beat it up playing it quite a bit ,

snapped handles off b/w & reset switch a LONG time ago used butter knife to select games (usually just played first game on cart) RF cord was frayed not sure when. only recently replaced)

beige AC adapter with black label , end was cut off a long while ago to use for Chess Challenger (recently retrieved it & put new Radio Shack tip back on)

Darth Vader unit replaced this one for a good while , not sure when that arrived sometime early 80's (still have it as well)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worksheet:

Serial # 18794G
MFG Location (Sunnyvale, Taiwan):
A/B Channel Slot (No):
A/B Channel Switch (No):
Functional (Yes):

Think I'm the 2'nd owner of this , purchased from Ebay recall it coming with yellowish-orange cx-10's & Atari Branded paddles beige w/ black label AC adapter

this is my daily driver

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worksheet:

Serial # T0031578
MFG Location (Taiwan):
A/B Channel Slot (Yes):
A/B Channel Switch (Yes):

Functional (No): not fully functional anyways I need to replace IC Hex buffer chip I believe as left joystick port fire button won't work (same joystick will work on right port just fine)

got this boxed from shopgoodwill with a pair of orange cx-10's & grey AC adapter ( I think they tossed the inserts :mad: )

Got a really sweet pickup last night. A beaut of an H-sixer from an original 1977 owner. Came with "Atari" branded paddles (two pair!) and driving controllers. The only thing I was puzzled by, was the inclusion of stiff CX-40s, rather than CX-10s. Maybe they upgraded. Or maybe Atari changed the pack-in sticks after a while. Anyone know?

I would think the older cx-10 sticks were replaced by the newer ones , I recall thinking the cx-40's were more responsive when I first got them and the older sticks weren't as reliable anymore after hard usage

noticed I can't edit post for this thread: but wanted to add a couple pics denoting differences in cx-10 colors & AC adapter colors as well as channel hole in bottom for Taiwan-sixer

the one on the left is my original & identical with my daily driver (off screen) the yellowish-orange cx-10's are on left with the beige AC adapter

the more orange cx-10's are on right with grey AC adapter & bottom has channel select hole & switch inside the color of sticks match the bezel also on the console

4bUPW1w.jpg

Amdb1i4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

VCS Heavy Sixer

>Model : Atari

>System : NTSC

>S.n. : 29572F
>MFG : Sunnyvale

>A/B Channel Slot/Switch : No/No
>Overall electronic conditions: fully working ! Only got to replace power connector which works but is also a little bit "unsteady".

>Overall aesthetic condition : good but not too much... it has scratches on the front "woody" panel and all around the chassis; discolored orange trim around the switches panel.

>Equipment : "loose" console, no psu, controllers, box, etc...

>Extras: I recently modded it with CVBS+S-Video+StereoOut and, most important, I installed two internal speakers, which could be turned on/off by an apposite switch ( can switch between external audio or internal... no "mixed mode" ).

post-10922-0-41699100-1412411179_thumb.jpg

post-10922-0-72070600-1412411189_thumb.jpg

post-10922-0-37259300-1412411198_thumb.jpg

post-10922-0-19196800-1412411213_thumb.jpg

post-10922-0-37966500-1412411229_thumb.jpg

Serial # (Ex: #54035V or #007649): 005750
MFG Location (Sunnyvale, Taiwan): Sunnyvale
(Owner/AA Member), (Location= City, State, Country): Webster, Minnesota, United States

Just bought a Heavy Sixer today, and joined the site!

The system was extremely dirty, but no dents, few scratches, etc. Cleaned her up, and she looks much better! Came with 2 first year joysticks, one does not work, and a set of Tennis paddle controllers. a few games as well. Each game came with its respective manual, and came with the 1978 and 1979 game shopping guides! Also the original AC adapter, User Manual and registration card came with it. All for $20

The RF cable was shot, so I simply unplugged it and put in the one I used for my 7800 :P. Works beautifully now. The Sixers really seem to have superior image quality, the color seems much richer. The board was really clean surprisingly.

Seems completely original, appears to have never been opened before I did. As stated before, I had to replace the original RF cable, but I still have it. I did not look too hard inside, but the connector is green and white. If it means anything, one speaker hole is completely open, and the other partially filled. But no speakers are actually in the system.

The people I bought it from seemed to be the original owners. The parents had bought it brand new in 1977, used it for a few years, and had it in storage for 30+ years. Although, bad storage. :P

If you require additional information or photos, feel free to ask!

post-40496-0-44128400-1412942904_thumb.jpg

post-40496-0-61099500-1412942975_thumb.jpg

post-40496-0-12236600-1412943040_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zyrother