IGNORED

Please catch me up on the last 2 years

Blackjack

This was a good thread for me as well, I haven't been activate for about a year now, basically since my daughter was born. Finally beginning to have time to get back into the swing of things here. Pulled out my 2600 tonight and been having a blast with it.

-Disjaukifa

Welcome back! I've been wondering where you'd gotten to! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, its feels good to be back and it felt good to be playing some 2600 with my son today. I just got completely side tracked with my daughter's birth which came first before anything else. Juggling life with two little ones has been interesting and fun. I'm just glad my son is now getting into the 2600, we were playing berzerk today, everytime I'd run into a wall he'd yell "Daddy, walls are bad, why you walk into them?".

Hows life been treating you Cebus?

-Disjaukifa

• Like 1

I recently joined 4-5 months ago. Now I've taken over the Heavy 6-switch list thread and will be posting another updated spreadsheet later on today.

Also, CPU is there anyway I can keep updating post #1? If not it's ok.

Also don't forget about the updated Halloween game coming out for 2600 just in time for the holidays :)

Updated Hallowe'en game? as in the based off the movie? Where can I find more info on this?

What we need is a better Texas Chainsaw Game. Hallowe'en was okay already but Texas Chainsaw was just horrid...

(yo professor random terrain, if your reading this post, should I have said 'based OFF the movie' or 'based ON the movie'? I know how easily your panties bunch up...)

Edited by Torr

Updated Hallowe'en game? as in the based off the movie? Where can I find more info on this?

What we need is a better Texas Chainsaw Game. Hallowe'en was okay already but Texas Chainsaw was just horrid...

(yo professor random terrain, if your reading this post, should I have said 'based OFF the movie' or 'based ON the movie'? I know how easily your panties bunch up...)

Not an update...a release of two Prototype versions. A very cool project indeed!

Not an update...a release of two Prototype versions. A very cool project indeed!

I know this is a bit off topic really, but how much are the two different editions? And are they still taking orders?

-Disjaukifa

The boxed Air Raid sale (mentioned earlier in this thread) made news outside of the community. For example see CNN.

(Albert was declared an expert.)

While I do not make light of Al's Atari knowledge nor am I qualified to judge.. I find it extremely humorous that anyone can be declared an expert by CNN and have it be believed worldwide!! Good Gorf!!

. . . should I have said 'based OFF the movie' or 'based ON the movie'?

Here's what I've found using the magic Google box:

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/based.html

Bad: based around, based off of

Good: based on

You can build a structure around a center, but bases go on the bottom of things, so you can’t base something around something else.

Similarly, you can build something off of a starting point, but you can’t base anything off of anything. Something is always based on something else.

Useful Links:

Common Errors in English Usage

Grammar Slammer!

Common Words that Sound Alike

Malaprops and Other Writing Problems

Top Ten Grammar Myths

Non-Errors

Rules for Capitalization

Commas and Colons - What Gives?

• Like 2

Some of the hangups I have had recently:

affect vs. effect

capital vs. capitol

: vs. -

Thanks for all the replies, even the sarcastic ones.

Good stuff in there, especially glad to hear Harmony 7800 is in the works. And yay for Halo. Firing up Stella now.

I'm crushed that Knight Rider hasn't been released yet, I thought this was the year for sure ;)

Man, I loved Star Castle in the arcades, 2600 looks fun, but $32k? I won't hold my breath. If I win the lotto, I'll buy it for the community.

Edited by Blackjack

Red Sea Crossing has been proven real.

Hmmm... but no sale/release?

Someone should consider doing stickied "year in review" threads every December.

nagn2 still owns it, the ball is in his court now :)

Yeah from reading the original thread, not sure he is going to sell it though . . . amazing find on his part though.

-Disjaukifa

Edited by disjaukifa

Man, I loved Star Castle in the arcades, 2600 looks fun, but $32k? I won't hold my breath. If I win the lotto, I'll buy it for the community.

Piss off the author. Offer $32,767 instead of the $32,768 he wants.

You could just say your counting system is zero based. :)