IGNORED

Atari/Nintendo art... what might have been...

gorfcadet

Ok so we all know the story of how the Nes was almost an Atari product in the states. My question is how would the original lineup have looked in Atari carts with Nintendo black box art sensibilities and fonts or that in house Artari look applied to the grey Nes carts. I'm taking apart a couple of dead carts and thought I'd turn it into an art project.

Anyone want to participate and see what we get in a week or two?

I'm thinking Zelda and Mario on a black Atari cart and Atarized Nes carts of Kung Fu and Excitebike.

Ok so we all know the story of how the Nes was almost an Atari product in the states. My question is how would the original lineup have looked in Atari carts with Nintendo black box art sensibilities and fonts or that in house Artari look applied to the grey Nes carts. I'm taking apart a couple of dead carts and thought I'd turn it into an art project.

Anyone want to participate and see what we get in a week or two?

I'm thinking Zelda and Mario on a black Atari cart and Atarized Nes carts of Kung Fu and Excitebike.

I don't know this story!

I remember reading about this potential deal in Next Gen or some other mag. When the whole Coleco fallout happened, Hiroshi Yamauchi went on a long tirade in Japanese to the Coleco execs - all that the translator said was, "Mr. Yamauchi is very upset."