IGNORED

Best Football game ever made?

cimerians

• 2 years later...

Football on Interton VC 4000.

For it is the ONLY football-soccer game that ever allowed you to control the 11 players... AT THE SAME TIME.

Soccer_-_1978_-_Interton.jpg

interton_vc4000_1.jpg

(also, that's 23 sprites on screen. Even with a mirror trick like on the Atari 2600, that's STILL 12, or 11 + ball. Damn.)

It seems that no one has mentioned Street Sports Football for the C64. It was a great "backyard" football game.

I played the original Tecmo on the NES and only played TSB at my friends house, but both games were amazing.

The Madden series really is incredible. I think if I had to pick one, it'd be Madden 2001.

I recently played Genesis Madden '92 using the EASN Bowl code for Atlanta vs. Houston (you are the Atlanta, the NFC team at home. Enter code D72C835L in Playoff Mode).

The computer just beat me at the end and I was shocked because the game is usually so easy.

Intentionally playing as the inferior team it was actually a great game all the way until the end and it executed a fake field goal play (successfully for a 1st Down) and used Time Out's wisely, which usually it doesn't do in Regular Season mode.

I'm gonna try out some other team combo's in the EASN Bowl and see which matchups provide a close game.

Even though the early Maddens on the Genesis are generally a little too easy to win against the computer, they're just so easy and fun to play!

Here's the link for the EASN Bowl Codes for Genesis Madden '92:

http://www.gamewinners.com/GEN/JohnMaddenFootball92.htm

My favorites:

Tecmo Super Bowl

NFL 2K1-2K5

NFL GameDay '98 and '99

And I also love the Arena Football games on Xbox, even though they're based on the sucky Madden framework. I think Arenaball is a great version of the sport and it lends itself much better to video games than the traditional version of gridiron football.

Sensible Soccer icon_razz.gif

If you are talking about hand-egg then it has to be Joe Montana Sportstalk Football on the Megadrive "Turns on the speed!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football#Football_codes_development_tree

themoreyouknow.jpg

Association soccer, or the game most commonly called "football", is just as different from the original game of football as American/Canadian gridiron is.

I recently played Genesis Madden '92 using the EASN Bowl code for Atlanta vs. Houston (you are the Atlanta, the NFC team at home. Enter code D72C835L in Playoff Mode).

The computer just beat me at the end and I was shocked because the game is usually so easy.

Intentionally playing as the inferior team it was actually a great game all the way until the end and it executed a fake field goal play (successfully for a 1st Down) and used Time Out's wisely, which usually it doesn't do in Regular Season mode.

I'm gonna try out some other team combo's in the EASN Bowl and see which matchups provide a close game.

Even though the early Maddens on the Genesis are generally a little too easy to win against the computer, they're just so easy and fun to play!

Here's the link for the EASN Bowl Codes for Genesis Madden '92:

http://www.gamewinners.com/GEN/JohnMaddenFootball92.htm

Me amd my brother still play Madden 92 all the time. we always play co=op as crappy teams and play against the All Madden team