IGNORED

Atari 2600 Store Kiosk Build

Nicholas

i've been thinking, most systems have small kiosk/displays i.e., nintendo, sega, microsoft, sony. and the only one i saw for the 2600 was the POP display. and i do not have the money for it and certainly not the room. so i thought why not build a custom one!

heres my thoughts, build a smallish one, that is like one of the SNES ones: post-29869-0-39299400-1314127437_thumb.jpg

but i definitely will have to add wood grain to it!

i will add pictures of the design i want to go for, and as soon as i find a donor atari and a small CRT i will start the build! Pics will be up soon!

Let me know if you guys did anything like this post pics!

-Nicholas-

i've been thinking, most systems have small kiosk/displays i.e., nintendo, sega, microsoft, sony. and the only one i saw for the 2600 was the POP display. and i do not have the money for it and certainly not the room. so i thought why not build a custom one!

heres my thoughts, build a smallish one, that is like one of the SNES ones: post-29869-0-39299400-1314127437_thumb.jpg

but i definitely will have to add wood grain to it!

i will add pictures of the design i want to go for, and as soon as i find a donor atari and a small CRT i will start the build! Pics will be up soon!

Let me know if you guys did anything like this post pics!

-Nicholas-

Good luck. I'd actually would prefer a smaller version than the GIANT Atari POP display (Storage reasons).

With that said, I did restore one... minus the sides. I think it came out really nice. I used an LCD monitor (S-Video modified 2600).

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/121451-atari-pop-kiosk-restoration/page__p__1467341__hl__imagic+display__fromsearch__1#entry1467341

-GrizzLee

Edited by GrizzLee

You definitely should do that. I would make two control panels, almost like an arcade. Use Sanwa parts, and install the paddles into the panel as well, kinda like an Arkanoid controller.

Come to think of it, if you're doing that... why not just make an arcade machine, and throw the atari in there, with a plexiglass door and florescent light to light it up?

Edited by keilbaca

You definitely should do that. I would make two control panels, almost like an arcade. Use Sanwa parts, and install the paddles into the panel as well, kinda like an Arkanoid controller.

Come to think of it, if you're doing that... why not just make an arcade machine, and throw the atari in there, with a plexiglass door and florescent light to light it up?

i wish i just dont have the space for a arcade cab! hope to one day.. but i will keep this up to date when i get my 2600 to put in!

If I could have any of them in my house I would get the Vectrex Kiosk. It just too cool!

Interesting tidbit about these images, theses ones were from Micheal Jacksons private collection...

post-15767-0-96988100-1314737339_thumb.gif post-15767-0-10906300-1314737349_thumb.gif post-15767-0-46143600-1314737358_thumb.gif post-15767-0-12170900-1314737369_thumb.gif

About a year or so before he died there was a massive auction of all of his arcade games and these were in the sale too.

If I could have any of them in my house I would get the Vectrex Kiosk. It just too cool!

Interesting tidbit about these images, theses ones were from Micheal Jacksons private collection...

post-15767-0-96988100-1314737339_thumb.gif post-15767-0-10906300-1314737349_thumb.gif post-15767-0-46143600-1314737358_thumb.gif post-15767-0-12170900-1314737369_thumb.gif

About a year or so before he died there was a massive auction of all of his arcade games and these were in the sale too.

Great pictures i like the smaller ones rather than the POP displays. and plus i have no room for them ahaha love the vectrex to really hard to find those, i almost have the sketches done maybe upload them on friday!