IGNORED

Red Sea Crossing Ad

Zach

That's good news indeed.

I've been diggin the net for that audio cassette, but no luck yet.

Found out that Dale was quite hot back in the old days, though:

post-6203-0-00142300-1314388152_thumb.jpg

8)

You truly are a well of knowledge Rom Hunter . . . I'm impressed. I wish we could get in contact with Nagn about getting the cartridge dumped, I know it was mentioned in the other thread when I was browsing it, but I don't think it was ever done right?

-Disjaukfia

Look what I found... We now might have the names on the cassette!

Egypt and the Red Sea (Moses)

Type of Work:Non-dramatic literary work

Registration Number / Date:TX0001187912 / 1983-08-30

Date of Publication:December 31, 1982

Date of Creation:1982

Title:Egypt and the Red Sea (Moses) / with Dale Evans Rogers.

Description:1 sound cassette.

Copyright Claimant:Entertainment Marketing Company, Inc.

Authorship on Application:Entertainment Marketing Company, Inc., employer for hire.

or

Israel crosses the Red Sea

Type of Work:Sound recording and non-dramatic text

Registration Number / Date:SR0000047805 / 1983-08-30

Date of Publication:December 31, 1982

Date of Creation:1982

Title:Israel crosses the Red Sea / with Dale Evans Rogers.

Basis of Claim:New Matter: "additional recorded text and new sound recording."

Imprint:[s.l. : s.n., 1982?]

Description:1 sound cassette.

Copyright Claimant:Entertainment Marketing Company, Inc.

Notes:"MPP 18938."

Authorship on Application:performance, sound recording: Entertainment Marketing Company, Inc., employer for hire.

• Like 2

Update: just got an email from the librarian. The print issue should be here in 3-4 days and I will make a scan then.

Awesome. So your library allows you to check out magazines? That's cool.

We had to use interlibrary loan to get the issue from a book depository.

Now that Pioneer has an entry for the audio cassette, it might be possible to track it down and check it out, too.

Update: found 1 library with a loanable copy using WorldCat. I put in a request so we'll see what happens next. Here is the WorldCat citation (apparently Dale Evans Rogers did quite a bit of spoken word work):

Title: Egypt and the Red Sea.

Author(s): Rogers, Dale Evans.

Publication: Beverly Hills, Calif.,; Signal Records,

Year: 1983

Description: 1 cassette.

Language: English

Series: Favorite bible stories Variation: Favorite bible stories.

Standard No: Publisher: MPP-17408; Signal

SUBJECT(S)

Descriptor: Religion.

Responsibility: Narrated by Dale Evans Rogers.

Material Type: Non-musical recording (nsr); Cassette recording (cas)

Document Type: Sound Recording

Entry: 19890403

Update: 20110305

Accession No: OCLC: 19486964

Database: WorldCat

Update: just got an email from the librarian. The print issue should be here in 3-4 days and I will make a scan then.

Awesome. So your library allows you to check out magazines? That's cool.

We had to use interlibrary loan to get the issue from a book depository.

Now that Pioneer has an entry for the audio cassette, it might be possible to track it down and check it out, too.

Update: found 1 library with a loanable copy using WorldCat. I put in a request so we'll see what happens next. Here is the WorldCat citation (apparently Dale Evans Rogers did quite a bit of spoken word work):

Title: Egypt and the Red Sea.

Author(s): Rogers, Dale Evans.

Publication: Beverly Hills, Calif.,; Signal Records,

Year: 1983

Description: 1 cassette.

Language: English

Series: Favorite bible stories Variation: Favorite bible stories.

Standard No: Publisher: MPP-17408; Signal

SUBJECT(S)

Descriptor: Religion.

Responsibility: Narrated by Dale Evans Rogers.

Material Type: Non-musical recording (nsr); Cassette recording (cas)

Document Type: Sound Recording

Entry: 19890403

Update: 20110305

Accession No: OCLC: 19486964

Database: WorldCat

But don't hold your breath, I listen to a lot of audio books. I even bought one of those cheap cassette-> USB players for older books that are only on cassette. I had to give up on a few of them from the 1980s since they were unplayable. It seemed that the magnetic patterns crossed through layers of the tape and you could hear parts ahead and behind what you were listening to. Anything you want to keep, convert it to digital, and back it up! Or keep it mechanical like LPs and 45s. As for the title, it could be that one, or maybe it is the one titled "Israel crosses the Red Sea". I will also pursue it via the Carnegie Library in Pittsburgh, but it is likely that they all pool through the same databases.

• Like 2

I love hearing about finds like this, its just goes to show how this community is really trying to preserve the Atari 2600 and other classic retro consoles and computer equipment!!!

-Disjaukifa

Sure.

Nagn2 was almost lynched, but never mind...

Let's just say that it's a good thing for both sides this ad popped up.

8)

Nagn2 didnt exactly help himself by acting so 'suspicious' when he first came to the forum with the game.

I suppose the real question now about the 'value'of this cart is just how many does Mr Steve Stack have stacked away in his garage? I'd hate to be the one that spends thousands on a cart when there may be dozens of unsold copies in his garage (or even 10).

Why? I would feel the opposite about it. I would hope that my money would tempt them to release the rest.

The thing is, the buyer of that first cart would be purchasing a one-of-kind used cartridge. If a bunch of "New Old Stock" cartridges turned up later the value of that first one would probably drop. So the first buyer would be taking one for the team, as they say.

The more I think about it, this actually sounds like a cool little game in it's own right.

@fiddlepaddle: In the original thread, I believe this was revealed to be a one-player-only game.

• Like 1

The thing is, the buyer of that first cart would be purchasing a one-of-kind used cartridge. If a bunch of "New Old Stock" cartridges turned up later the value of that first one would probably drop. So the first buyer would be taking one for the team, as they say.

Yes.

And if Steve is not triggered by the amount of money the buyer of this first cart is willing to spend, then that new old stock will most probably remain hidden forever, making this cart worth the buy.

I mean: if not the first buy, what else would make him look for this old stock?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 2

Acording to this- My link

The address in the single family house built in 1952. So how did this company have suite in it, as stated in the ad.

EDIT: Also found this ad in popular machanics-My link from august 1983 saying "Ideas, Inventions, New Ideas Wanted" from a company called invention marketing inc, using the same 1-800 numbers.

as well as 1981 boys life, My link and 1984 Feild & Stream My link, as well as many other magizines arond the same time period- My link

It appears invention marketing inc no longer excists because of a law suit-My link

Thats my detective work for today.

Edited by atariUCLA24

I mean: if not the first buy, what else would make him look for this old stock?

Charity? Goodwill to his fellow human beings? Maybe some of those values in which this cart is (supposedly) rooted?

Amen to that.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for any acts of goodwill by the game's author. He seems to be pretty set money-wise, and doesn't seem to care much either way.

In any event, it's nice to see this ad surface and finally put to bed all the silly hoax talk once and for all. (I told you it was real.)