IGNORED

Red Sea Crossing Ad

Zach

$35.95?

Wait, what?

That's how much new Atari games went for back in the day, young whippersnapper. :D

I think that's how much my mom paid for Pitfall II when it first came out (maybe $34.95).

But this one supposedly came with a coloring book and audio cassette, so that price makes sense.

I was thinking, maybe that photo was just a stock photo of kids playing Atari and one coloring and was just used for this game not actually having been taken for this game specifically.

I just read all 25 pages of the old thread and I just hope Foxsolo2000 sees this ad. :P

I have been out of the loop due to work and life..... :) :( :)

Good to see that there is advertisement connected with the game. :)

What is next for this game???? It would be great if it is released as I know people would enjoy playing it.

@ Nagn2, please let us know what is next with your game....are you planning to sell it, are you going to release copies......please advise.

- Wonder007

I visited your museum. I saw the game and the advertisement there. You will be the one to buy it.

when have you been there? 2012? .... i just came back from 2014 and saw the boxed red sea in jose's museum.

:P

2236. It's a nice place. My favorite exhibit is the wax statues in the 80's living room. They look very life like. The copper Fuji that arches the entrance doors still looks cool but it turned green. They were going to replace it but Atari fans boycotted the museum because they consider it the West Coast Statue of Liberty.

• Like 1

Got an update from the librarian helping me on the audio cassettes:

With regards to "Egypt and the Red Sea (Moses)/ Dale Evans Rogers": I contacted St. Clairsville Public Library/ Ohio... according to OCLC/WorldCAT they own a copy... however I wasn't able to request it via Interlibrary Loan. So I browsed their catalog and am not finding a local holding statement. I went ahead and contacted them as there might be a discrepancy in their reporting system. Perhaps at one time they owned the cassette/title, then deleted the item/got rid of cassettes, and failed to update OCLC/WorldCAT... that sometimes happens. St. Clairsville is going to check their records/shelves and get back to me w/in a couple of days.

As to the title "Israel crosses the Red Sea": A Bib record appears within WorldCAT/OCLC, but currently no libraries WORLDWIDE are reporting that they own a copy. So, in library lingo this would be considered a "naked bib".... There's a record of what the item is, but no individual records are attached. Very doubtful that ANY library will be attaching their record to this item

I'll keep everyone informed as to what happens next.

Meanwhile, the issue of Christianity Today with the ad should arrive later this week and I will make a high-res scan and post it here.

• Like 1

If it was mail order, I could see everything being packed in a generic shipping box or maybe wrapped in p1astic to a piece of cardboard.

Then that would make it the *official* generic shipping box and/or the *official* piece of cardboard w/ plastic!

:o That could break auction records! :grin:

It is hard enough authenticating the existence of the game. Can you imagine authenticating the shipping box! I can see the posts now: "That's a fake packaging label!", "It looks aged but the edges are too crisp to be old", "I don't think that typeset existed in 1983", "That postal stamp isn't faded enough", "I call B.S." :rolling:

• Like 5

It is hard enough authenticating the existence of the game.

Yes, the ad is nothing.

Can you imagine authenticating the shipping box! I can see the posts now: "That's a fake packaging label!", "It looks aged but the edges are too crisp to be old", "I don't think that typeset existed in 1983", "That postal stamp isn't faded enough", "I call B.S." :rolling:

It wouldn't matter, someone before Zach found that ad and slapped together a quick homebrew, hoping to cash in. Might work too. LOL

Edited by 2600 Forever

Here is the Red Sea Crossing ad. I scanned it in at 300dpi and then did some minor gamma correcting and sharpening. I have the native image if anyone wants it (it's a bit over 6MB). I have to return the magazine by 9/09, so if anyone needs anything else, let me know soon.

post-5874-0-90067900-1314997606_thumb.jpg

As for the Dale Evans Rogers recording, the one library in WorldCat that had a listing no longer holds the item. If it still exists, it is likely in smaller church libraries that are not part of the global library system. Bummer.

• Like 3

Here is the Red Sea Crossing ad. I scanned it in at 300dpi and then did some minor gamma correcting and sharpening. I have the native image if anyone wants it (it's a bit over 6MB). I have to return the magazine by 9/09, so if anyone needs anything else, let me know soon.

Great! Now everyone can see the lambs. Did the kid think he was drawing mint jelly with that crayon?

Edited by Zach

Yes thank you Zwackery and Zach! That ad is too cool. I can hardly believe that only ONE copy of this game has ever turned up. If the ad mentioned the actual name of the game, it might've at least been listed as a "rumor mill" or vaporware title before now. But I'm glad it's been found. It looks original, it looks cool, and hopefully more people will eventually get to try it out.

• Like 1

post-5874-0-90067900-1314997606_thumb.jpg

As for the Dale Evans Rogers recording, the one library in WorldCat that had a listing no longer holds the item. If it still exists, it is likely in smaller church libraries that are not part of the global library system. Bummer.

Do we do memes here? Gotta give the tin-hat crowd some fuel.

4hutmcksm0.jpg

Yeah, my email attempts go no where as well. I might try in person at Carnegie, sometimes you get someone there that likes a challenge.

I just find it cool that the owner of the one copy has been vindicated and not only that, he now owns the rarest Atari Game out there. Not even Air Raid can match it in rarity.

On a more serious note, how about the Dale Evans estate? Or for that matter, the Roy Roger/Dale Evans fanclub and collectors?

There is a Roy Rogers/Dale Evans website with a message board. Perhaps posting there in a tactful way might be a way to see if we can drum up that recording. Include information on what the recording is and how it would interest that community as well as how finding it would help ours as well. Heaven knows that Roy Rogers has some pretty serious fans out there. There's a chance some collector has that tape in their collection.

Alternately... who wants to start visiting random churches for that cassette? Best go to older ones that lack dynamic memberships. :P

Edited by Lendorien

Why hasn't this game been added to AtariAge yet? After all, it seems there's no doubt about its authenticity any more....

Al has a huge backlog of TODOs.

I can certainly understand that Al's very busy. Its just that I just read all 25 pages of the first thread on this that was started in 2007, and as people pointed out even back then there was more evidence to this game than Birthday Mania -- and yet there's a Birthday Mania page here. Seems like the page for this game is about four years overdue.

Anyhow, I'm sure Al will find the time eventually. :)