IGNORED

Red Sea Crossing Ad

Zach

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Here's some more info that may or may not be useful on the company listed as the copyright holder for the Dale Evans Rogers recording, Entertainment Marketing Company, Inc.

I kept looking at California records and was getting nothing. I decided to look at Delaware and a company by that name shows up with a start date of 10/28/82. The registration agent is another Delaware company that appears to still exist, but it looks like an entity that just assists out of state companies. The strange thing is that it says EMCI is a Nevada company, but I couldn't find anything in that state.

Searching the U.S. copyright database turns up about 1,700 different recordings under their name. Searching the U.S. trademark database turned up the EMCI name that expired on 12/13/90. It also listed the agent as an attorney named Craig Mordoh from Santa Monica CA who appears to still be practicing. His work number is listed as (310) 453-6774 and he started in 1978.

The next item that turned up in my searches was the most interesting. There were several lawsuits where the IRS claimed that individuals that invested in EMCI had improperly accounted for the transactions and owed back taxes. At least one of the cases describes how the company described their business model of leasing recording master tapes to others. It also mentions a investing brochure that was circulated in 1982 that mentioned all of the stars they supposedly had recordings of. The case makes it sound like this may have been a sham as the investor had never seen any of the things he was leasing.

I'm starting to think the recording doesn't exist. Maybe someone near the lawyer can see if he is willing to share anything. It would be great to talk to Steve Schustack, but it seems he isn't willing based on comments posted here.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...