IGNORED

High Score Club 9.23 - Cosmic Creeps

Ze_ro

This game reminds me of Activision's Laser Blast... you're having a fantastic time, and then you reach the peak. Until climbing, though, this peak isn't the end of your adventure, but a vast featureless plateau that carries on until you collapse of exhaustion or boredom. I don't know if I have the patience to roll this.

Not to mention the ruthlessness of this game, if you slip up just once, your game is over. Imagine, putting in hours of game time, only to lose focus for that one second and have a final score of 999,900. :mad:

I think Laser Blast is the much easier of the two. For me Cosmic Creeps is right up there with Stampede... all the accuracy and attention needed to play. Laser Blast I can play forever (eyes closed). I can't roll Cosmic Creeps, something goes wrong everytime. :x

Yeah, LB is very generous with extra lives. This is perhaps the most unforgiving game I've played in this here HSC.

185300, now with the right picture!

cosmickids185300.jpg

I still find this game to be more forgiving than the experts are saying. I've made so many mistakes on my >100k run, I can't count on two hands how many kids I've nuked but still kept going. Part of my strategy actually involved letting the slow kids die, and sometimes I'd just do Darwin's dirty work myself. And sometimes I'd let fast kids hit slow frogs. Oops. I was eventually beaten when I lost so many space monks that I didn't have enough time for even the fastest kids to get my score to 5000.

I've made a LOT of attempts, and now that I've finally breached 100k I'm leaving with one last note:

ckslippy.jpg

"Fox, get this guy off me!"

Edited by Jifremok

cosmickids53400.jpg

I still find this game to be more forgiving than the experts are saying. I've made so many mistakes on my >100k run, I can't count on two hands how many kids I've nuked but still kept going. Part of my strategy actually involved letting the slow kids die, and sometimes I'd just do Darwin's dirty work myself. And sometimes I'd let fast kids hit slow frogs. Oops. I was eventually beaten when I lost so many space monks that I didn't have enough time for even the fastest kids to get my score to 5000.

I've made a LOT of attempts, and now that I've finally breached 100k I'm leaving with one last note:

ckslippy.jpg

Doesn't look like the right picture?

• Like 1

cosmickids53400.jpg

ckslippy.jpg

Doesn't look like the right picture?

AAH! You're right! That score pic was from my previous submission! Editing now.