IGNORED

nice find today and why do activision carts have to suck???

inextremis staple

ok

got:

circus atari

cosmic ark

demon attack

freeway

ice hockey

indy 500

name this game

solaris

and venture

1. why do activision carts never work for me

all i ever get is a scrambled screen and the ones i do get to work i have to have them pulled half way out of my 6er

2. my indy 500 end label is weird: its goldish instead of black with white border and lettering

anyhelp on any of these

is

I can usually get Activision carts to work, but sometimes they require a lot of cleaning. Maybe bacause the connector is always exposed unlike the Atari carts. Maybe because they were played so much and have more ware & tear. I have often wondered if their PCBs are thinner as well. :?

I can usually get Activision carts to work, but sometimes they require a lot of cleaning. Maybe bacause the connector is always exposed unlike the Atari carts. Maybe because they were played so much and have more ware & tear. I have often wondered if their PCBs are thinner as well. :?

I've spent a lot of time cleaning Activision carts myself, and I always assumed it was their lack of dust covers. The only one I could never get to work was a copy of River Raid.

well i finally got freeway to work

i have to just barely set it in the slot and turn on the power

i still have an ice hockey and kaboom! id really like to see working

oh well

im trying alcohol and eraser

any other ideas?

thanks guys

its good to know im not alone with the perpetually dirty activision carts

is

I've experienced this problem also. Alcohol usually works for me. Some of the carts remain "touchy" even after cleaning. The slightest touch or vibration can cause them to "wink out" during a game. I have found that they tend to "warm up" or "settle in" on the VCS after you play them for a while and cause no further problems.

Perhaps they were just lonely after not being cared about for soooo long. Talk to them and make them feel better in their new home. Tell them you will take wonderful care of them always. :love: :love: :love: