IGNORED

Season #2 Game #10 - Burgertime

*** BONUS (Intellivision bonus whistle going off) The top score for this game gets a free sealed in box copy of BurgerTime!, courtesy of edINTV!!! (Will be shipped regular mail, not express... just a heads up) Get rocking now! ***

That's right, the game that started the INTV HSC is back, in all of his being chased by hotdog, pickle and egg glory. There is a major change this time, however compared to season one.

ALL GAMES MUST BE PLAYED ON THE FASTEST SETTING ALLOWED. This is accomplished by pressing 4-9, 0, clear, enter, side button or disc to start the game.

IN addition, to be sure everyone is on a fair level for this game, all scores will require a screenshot of the score to be counted in the leaderboard of this game. (The reason is the game gives an on-screen indication as to which difficulty level the game was played at, so make sure your screenshot includes the entire display. (At least the top half all the way across).

Game play starts now and ends on Sunday, September 11th at 9:00am Eastern time.

Good luck, and may the pepper be with you!

Current HSC Leaderboard - Scores are FINAL

1	cparsley	208,000 10pts
2	IntvDude	145,850 9 pts
3	Akito01		88,650  8 pts
4	crade		88,600  6 pts
5	zylon		62,950  4 pts
6	thegoldenband	61,450  2 pts
7	roadrunner	59,750  1 pt
8	1980gamer	54,200  1 pt
9	Atariron82	53,800  1 pt
10	BydoEmpire	50,750  1 pt
11	ed1475		39,350  1 pt
12	revolutionika	20,850  1 pt
13	IntyGuy97	17,900  1 pt

DQ	Intymike	73,050(wrong speed)

HSC SCORE UPDATE - After nine (9) games

1) Cparsley 120pts

2) Goldenband 105pts

3) JacobZu 76pts

4) Crade 69pts

5) 1980gamer 49pts

6) cmart604 46pts

7) INTVDude 38pts

8 ) ghsqb 33pts

9) Akito 32pts

10) ed1475 28pts

11) Roadrunner 16pts

12) Zylon 15pts

13) BydoEmpire 8pt

14) INTVGuy97 6pt

15) Tempest2k 1pt

16) Austin 1pt

17) Atariron82 1pt

Edited by cparsley

This is a tough game for me. I never really played this one. My brother was very good, I could not even come close to his level.

But, I am pretty happy with my first game in... God knows how long? 54,200

I know this is my best score ever, I most likely will not match this score. Unless I gain some new skill and strategies.

post-7434-0-61156100-1314656608_thumb.jpg

OK, i am in for this one. I think i did it for the first season and i got demolished by the competition, but it is one of my favorite games, so here i go!!

Will wonders never cease?! Has hell frozen over?! Are pigs now flying?! (have I oversold my incredulity at Rev finally making his way to the HSC?)

OK, i am in for this one. I think i did it for the first season and i got demolished by the competition, but it is one of my favorite games, so here i go!!

Will wonders never cease?! Has hell frozen over?! Are pigs now flying?! (have I oversold my incredulity at Rev finally making his way to the HSC?)

Hey, some people work for a living.......but not me!

I just go in and out of phases of playing games. Im getting in that phase again.

• Like 1

OK, just played for about 45 minutes. One of my faves but i suck at it. :D

I will play again tonight when i am alone with no distractions!

13,450 on my trusty ole' Tandyvision One :cool:

pics002.jpg

Score adjusted to 7,200 as that is what the pic shows with the speed at the right setting.

Edited by cparsley

OK, just played for about 45 minutes. One of my faves but i suck at it. :D

I will play again tonight when i am alone with no distractions!

13,450 on my trusty ole' Tandyvision One :cool:

pics002.jpg

Score adjusted to 7,200 as that is what the pic shows with the speed at the right setting.

uuummm.........i was on the fastest setting.........."one vertical line on the right side of the screen" that is what the manual says.

the 7200 score was a second game i played and the 13450 was my top score. i played multiple games before hitting reset.

Here is a direct quote from the manual:

SCORE DISPLAY

for one player games, the running score is tallied on the upper left in yellow. the center score (green) is the highest score achievedat that game speed.

I ONLY played on the highest speed. and i ONLY played one player.

if i am wrong you can spank me.

Edited by revolutionika

As they say, you learn something new every day...

On the INTV, there are two main games with the same scoring mechanism available as BurgerTime has, and that is Lock 'n Chase. Now I know it is possible to play game 1 at Blue Speed (slowest) and then play game 2 at top speed (disc/white) to show the top speed, so I figured that BurgerTime was the same.

However, after pulling out both the emulator (Nostalgia) and my old classic INTV 2 console, I learned something new, and it's close but not exactly as quoted in the manual there Rev.

The speed chosen for the first game played is the SPEED THE GAME LOCKS INTO until you do a forcible reset of the game. (A forcible reset blanks the high score listing on the middle). Therefore, it doesn't display per rank, it's that the RANK CAN NOT BE CHANGED once the games have begun.

Therefore, (long story short, I know too late) the original 13,450 is restored :) I expect more from you Rev before it's over though, I know your better than that score :)

level 7 is one tough SOB! :x

I only made it to level 4. I have been learning how to rack up the points by waiting untilone of the bad guys is on a pattie or bun and then making it fall down with them on it to get the most points!

but im sure you knew that.

level 7 is one tough SOB! :x

I only made it to level 4. I have been learning how to rack up the points by waiting untilone of the bad guys is on a pattie or bun and then making it fall down with them on it to get the most points!

but im sure you knew that.

Yeah, that's a great way to rack up points. :)

I never like to drop a bun or pattie without at least 1 bad guy on it.

I dropped a bun that had 4 bad guys on it. :)