IGNORED

what activision patches have you "earned"

Syntaxerror999

I might have qualified for a Laser Blast patch and maybe (less likely) Dragster back in the day. I don't have any record of my older VCS scores though.

Actually, I don't recall attempting to earn patches back then. Was that something that Activision offered from the beginning? I jumped on the Colecovision train pretty early on. And most of my Colecovision games were made by Coleco.

We didn't have too many Activision carts back in the day. I definitely remember getting Pitfall, Freeway, and Barnstorming. I never tried to go for any of the patches then, but I've been able to meet the requirements now for Pitfall, Pitfall II, Ice Hockey, H.E.R.O., Seaquest, and Tennis. Those are the ones that come to mind most readily.

by earned i mean completed the challenge listed in the games instruction manual. You don't have to have actualy gotten the patch back in the day, but you have to have had done it on an actual Atari ; no emulators. For the gen xers what patches did you literaly earn; meaning when you were a kid did you send in the photo.

I just wanna throw in my two cents and say that I think you have a very interesting question indeed. How many of us are buying the patches these days? Yep, it's cool to have a collection, but have I *earned* it? Something to think about...

I definitely had the "Federation of Laser Blasters" and the Freeway "Save the Chicken Foundation" patches - I'm talking the real deal that Activision sent you.

If I had any other patches it would have been the Pitfall "Explorer's Club" and the "River Raiders."

Sadly, that stuff was probably tossed in the trash. I keep thinking that someday I go over to my mom's and there's a box of stuff sitting up in the attic that was forgotten about.

When we were kids, my friend and I got Decathlon patches but didn't really earn them. We geeked out by hooking up a small motor from his Erector set to the contacts on the joystick so we could get the athlete to run super fast automatically so that all we would have to do is hit the button at the right time. Good times.

• Like 1

I earned every single VCS Activision patch due to a contest held over at Digital Press a couple years back.

I'd be interested in hearing which patches were the easiest and hardest to acheive?

For me, the easiest to achieve was Plaque Attack. I remember earning it the first time I played the game back in the day. I couldn't believe it!

• 3 months later...