IGNORED

New Atari Compatible Console & Controllers

Curt Vendel

New Atari 2600/7800 - which would you choose?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. Which Console Style would you choose?

• Housed in the 2600Jr case, but with Composite output
    • Housed in the Atari 3200 "System X" case with Composite output
  2. 2. New Atari compatible Controllers - what type?

• Atari CX40 styled, but with 2 buttons
    • Atari 3200 "System X" combo joystick/paddles with 2 buttons
    • Atari 7800 Proline joysticks
  3. 3. Console Brand - Would you buy it if it wasn't an Atari brand name console?

• Yes - its the product, not the name
    • No - if it doesn't say Atari on it, I won't buy it.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

"...What ever happened to this?..."

A_Locomotive,

That's the big question. The hold-up is Curt's (the designer's) other project (the 7800 XM adapter) that is waaaay passed the ETA.

Nothing is going to happen until that project is done (latest guess is early 2013...but we'll see). I've been following this thread since the original announcement in September 2011 and I'm beginning to wonder if it's ever going to happen. That would be a real bummer. I was excited about the project.

StephenJ

theredlineboss,

Thanks for the link to the crash-n-burn thread :(.

Got to admit that I'm bummed-out about all this. I was really looking forward to a new 2600 after all these years.

It would have displayed great sitting next to my original 2600. Plus, having a built-in 7800 compatibility with the new XM

adapter...well...I guess it was too much to hope for. Maybe, in time, after (or if) Curt recovers from the XM heartaches,

he'll consider resurrecting this project once again.

All the best,

StephenJ

Not to speak for Curt, but based on what happened w/ the XM, I don't think that this will see the light of day. :sad: Still looking forward to seeing the XM ship, though.

-Rob

What's really sad about this is fernando martin (a name that was mentioned several times as one of the reasons Curt is po'ed) is a banned member because is turns out that he has been counterfeiting homebrew products. We found this out in the Colecovision Auction Watch. I hope Curt knows this.

I hope Curt reconsiders. There are many people out here that truly do appreciate the things he has done for the community.

• Like 2

What's really sad about this is fernando martin (a name that was mentioned several times as one of the reasons Curt is po'ed) is a banned member because is turns out that he has been counterfeiting homebrew products. We found this out in the Colecovision Auction Watch. I hope Curt knows this.

I hope Curt reconsiders. There are many people out here that truly do appreciate the things he has done for the community.

I think it was "fernando marrin?"