IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

What's a reasonable price for the Taiwan Cooper bootlegs assuming boxed and as new condition?

I'd say Retro is right in the ballpark with his estimate. I saw a bunch of Taiwan Coopers (Smurf, Zaxxon, Beamrider, Burgertime, Gateway to Apshai, etc.) go up on GameGavel and then later the same ones showed up on eBay and there wasn't a whole lot of interest in them. I would say $15 and $20 with shipping.

This has got to be just about the funniest thing I have seen on ebay in a while

This person has 3 games they just put on ebay and here is a link to one of them.

Colecovision game eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1107677034901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110767703490&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Clip from description "

This Colecovision Game has never been played. We aren't able to test this item, but since it hasn't been used, it should work perfectly. Please refer to the picture for any flaws to the box, but the cartridge is in mint condition.

All of these video games listed are from my permanent collection. I am an avid fan of the Colecovision and I know how to care for these items. Some of the boxes may be damaged, but the cartridges are flawless unless noted! They come from a smoke/pet free home!"

1) So you are such a huge fan of colecovision that you did not know these games were not for colecovision at all but for Atari!

2) You are a huge fan of colecovision and have a personal collection but you did not have a way to test the game so it should work perfectly.

3) Lets just say you are an avid Liar and you are not a colecovision fan, Wouldn't looking at the front of the picture on your ebay auction give you one of those HMMM moments and you would say ya know I think this game is actually for ATARI.

:);):lol:

Guess this guy's collection isn't so "PERMANENT"! The sad thing is, he'll get a ton of page views now thanks to you bringing this to everyone's attention compared to a hand full that he otherwise would have recieved and he'll think he has something special. The seller is probably one of those guys that buy Playboy for the :-o PICTURES :-o since he doesn't seem able to read.

• Like 1

What's a reasonable price for the Taiwan Cooper bootlegs assuming boxed and as new condition?

$15 - $20 seems good

Well I have seen them go through ebay and go through the forums here from either the same person selling them or different people, I really have no idea. However they were not selling and no one wanted them or at least they didn't want them for the prices they were putting because they were out there forever it seemed like. So they may be hard to find and rare but there does not seem to be a lot of interest or if there is then everyone who has interest must already have their set completed. So basically even if they are worth something nobody seems willing to pay a high price for them.

Yeah - thought as much. I actually don't have any interest myself. However, in case someone is looking for a set that seem to be well priced then here's one of them over at GameGavel http://www.gamegavel...item=0000558119, Search the site and you'll find that edintv has all of them for sale.

I only have River Raid cooper but I don't have much interests in those Taiwan Cooper

I'm more after ANY CBS versions in case someone have some for sale, please contact me

I collect the Taiwan Cooper games for the Colecovision I love the art work on them. The one's there showing though are in pretty rough shape. Most of them don't go for more than $20 CIB but Zaxxon and Burger Time can go for $40 to $50 if there are in really good condition and depends on who is looking at that time. These games can be weird sometimes they go for a lot($50 range) other times not so much($10 to $20 range). I really love the art work on River Raid it's crazy to me that they have a pic of a 747 like airplane getting shot down by a F16 fighter jet and a Battleship! :o It's something that you would never see on anything today! I can't help but wonder what they where thinking when they made the art work for these games. :lol: If someone has some Taiwan Cooper games for the Colecovision please contact me if they are in good shape and I don't already have it I would love to buy them :lust:

Edited by RelliK111

I do want that Smure(Smurf) one but it's in rough shape and the price with shipping is a little high I think, for that kind of condition. :? I don't know maybe I'm just cheap :lol: If someone has one in better condition let me know

I didn't see the large high res pictures below the auction - now that I have I see what you mean about the condition. I agree the artwork on these boxes is kind of cool and occasionally rather surreal. I hope J-Fs ColecoVision museum website will have some nice high res scans of these boxes etc. They are, after all, part of ColecoVision history.

• Like 1

I do want that Smure(Smurf) one but it's in rough shape and the price with shipping is a little high I think, for that kind of condition. :? I don't know maybe I'm just cheap :lol: If someone has one in better condition let me know

I didn't see the large high res pictures below the auction - now that I have I see what you mean about the condition. I agree the artwork on these boxes is kind of cool and occasionally rather surreal. I hope J-Fs ColecoVision museum website will have some nice high res scans of these boxes etc. They are, after all, part of ColecoVision history.

I agree 100% I have about 5 of them in pretty good condition so if there is anything I can do to help I will, I was thinking of starting a thread asking people to post pics of there boxes to see if we could see what they all look like. There is a number of them that I have never even seen before and they are somewhat on rare side but I never seen a rarity rating on them so I don't now exactly how rare. They only pop up every now and than. What's funny is the Atari 2600 ones are much more common but they tend to go for a lot more money :roll:

A nice deal a week ago: Xonox Motocross Racer/Tomarc the Barbarian for $5 eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1707146240861?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170714624086&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Man, that's a steal!

That's the understatement of the century! The seller really messed up by not using the word "Coleco" or "ColecoVision" in the auction item title and congrats to the buyer for taking the time to find this particular auction. You gotta love it when you stumble upon auctions like this or BINs that just got posted.

Wow :-o :-o :-o what a steal http://www.raritygui...?FirstRecord=61 has that game as a $200 game and to get that for only $5 :-o :-o :-o . I wish I would have seen that! :P

Don't put much stock in that rarity guide. All it does is give you a rough idea if a game is rare or not, prices are crap for the most part.

A nice deal a week ago: Xonox Motocross Racer/Tomarc the Barbarian for $5 eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1707146240861?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170714624086&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Wow :-o :-o :-o what a steal http://www.raritygui...?FirstRecord=61 has that game as a $200 game and to get that for only $5 :-o :-o :-o . I wish I would have seen that! :P

Atari2600.com had one listed a while back at $124.95 for the loose cart... which I think is more indicative of the actual value than Rarity Guides inflated price. Then again, it all boils down to what someone is willing to pay.

Atari2600.com had one listed a while back at $124.95 for the loose cart... which I think is more indicative of the actual value than Rarity Guides inflated price. Then again, it all boils down to what someone is willing to pay.

I agree they seem to be pretty far off on a number of titles but its the only place I know of that shows a price of worth for new, cib, and loose games. I don't like that they take condition into a factor :roll: but I guess that would be hard to do. Still I would love to get a $124.95 game for $5. I wonder if the seller knew what he had and was just hoping the auction would go higher or if he just thought he was selling a normal old retro game :lol:

Edited by RelliK111

$125 is way high for the loose cart.

I feel the same way ;) . I only Collect CIB unless it was a homebrew and never release in a box. What was the most you have ever paid for a loose Coleco cart? Mine would be Jeepers Creepers but I got a box for it right after I got it so I don't know if that counts, 2nd to that would be Power Lord and I still don't have a box but I'm dying to get one. Hopefully in the not so distant future :grin: Oh Ultimate SD I don't think counts really since its not really a game more of a hardware expansion or accessory :lol:

Edited by RelliK111

$125 is way high for the loose cart.

While I could not be more agree with you buddy simply because paying $125 for a loose cart is such a pain in the a**

You have to consider that some CV carts are damn rare

Paying $125 for a mint working Boulder Dash cart would almost be a steal!

Wiz Math cart can go around that too depending on the condition

Tounament Tennis from Imagic too

Yes, like I said I'm fully agree with you that paying $125 for cart seem pretty high ..... but there's always those super rare games

Scarcity is something that seem not very high in the CV collectible world ......

.... or maybe its just me?

Edited by retroillucid

Man, that's a steal!

Yes, and the sad and weepy part of the tale, o my droogies, is that I was watching this and decided not to bid thinking, oh, this is going to go a lot higher. :sad:

Ouch that really hurts :woozy: , that is why when I see something like this I always put a low bid on it and then when it comes down to the last seconds I put my highest bid in and if I lose I lose but at least I'm not saying "what if" :grin: I have forgotten about auctions before and that really does suck it makes me so mad at myself :mad: :mad:

Edited by RelliK111

Now here are a couple of bargains:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2608863953351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260886395335&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2509242877371?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250924287737&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Good grief ! ! ! ! ! !

They are in unbelieveably amazing boxes though. Those boxes look brand new. Sure almost all of us may say that is crazy but all you need is some rich guy to go ooh I want that. If I had millions of dollars it wouldn't mean anything to me to spend 500 bucks on those things. Remember this isn't the dollar store the idea of ebay is to hopefully sell something for more than it is worth for sellers and to hopefully buy something less than it is worth for buyers. What that $$ worth ends up being is an unknown until you see the sold sign :)

• Like 1