IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

This has got to be just about the funniest thing I have seen on ebay in a while

This person has 3 games they just put on ebay and here is a link to one of them.

Colecovision game eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1107677034901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110767703490&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Clip from description "

This Colecovision Game has never been played. We aren't able to test this item, but since it hasn't been used, it should work perfectly. Please refer to the picture for any flaws to the box, but the cartridge is in mint condition.

All of these video games listed are from my permanent collection. I am an avid fan of the Colecovision and I know how to care for these items. Some of the boxes may be damaged, but the cartridges are flawless unless noted! They come from a smoke/pet free home!"

1) So you are such a huge fan of colecovision that you did not know these games were not for colecovision at all but for Atari!

2) You are a huge fan of colecovision and have a personal collection but you did not have a way to test the game so it should work perfectly.

3) Lets just say you are an avid Liar and you are not a colecovision fan, Wouldn't looking at the front of the picture on your ebay auction give you one of those HMMM moments and you would say ya know I think this game is actually for ATARI.

:);):lol:

Guess this guy's collection isn't so "PERMANENT"! The sad thing is, he'll get a ton of page views now thanks to you bringing this to everyone's attention compared to a hand full that he otherwise would have recieved and he'll think he has something special. The seller is probably one of those guys that buy Playboy for the :-o PICTURES :-o since he doesn't seem able to read.

Versus guys like me that "just read the articles" ?

Now here are a couple of bargains:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2608863953351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260886395335&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2509242877371?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250924287737&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Good grief ! ! ! ! ! !

They are in unbelieveably amazing boxes though. Those boxes look brand new. Sure almost all of us may say that is crazy but all you need is some rich guy to go ooh I want that. If I had millions of dollars it wouldn't mean anything to me to spend 500 bucks on those things. Remember this isn't the dollar store the idea of ebay is to hopefully sell something for more than it is worth for sellers and to hopefully buy something less than it is worth for buyers. What that $$ worth ends up being is an unknown until you see the sold sign :)

Yeah, but it is kind of a dumb ass listing at the same time. Open he would be lucky to get $50. Is glue and minimal box wear worth 10X?

That French MultiCart compilation (28 games) has gone up on eBay. Looks very professionally put together, but in my opinion, not worth $130 when you can buy one of the AtariMax Multicart products for the same price or a little less and place 127 game roms (USB version) or ALL roms with 2 free Homebrews (SD Cart version).

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3006195976851?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300619597685&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2608863953351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260886395335&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2509242877371?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250924287737&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Good grief ! ! ! ! ! !

They are in unbelieveably amazing boxes though. Those boxes look brand new. Sure almost all of us may say that is crazy but all you need is some rich guy to go ooh I want that. If I had millions of dollars it wouldn't mean anything to me to spend 500 bucks on those things. Remember this isn't the dollar store the idea of ebay is to hopefully sell something for more than it is worth for sellers and to hopefully buy something less than it is worth for buyers. What that $$ worth ends up being is an unknown until you see the sold sign :)

Yeah, but it is kind of a dumb ass listing at the same time. Open he would be lucky to get $50. Is glue and minimal box wear worth 10X?

I don't think it is worth it just because it is supposedly sealed but I do think since the boxes are in such awesome shape that he could probably get more than the usual $50 bucks.

Good grief ! ! ! ! ! !

Couldn't agree more.

While we've approached this topic before, I'm definitely in the camp of sealed=more value. But yeah, 10x value may be pushing it-- but then again in a collectors world, pricing often surprises me. Just look at DK boxed for the CV. It still floors me that a game that shipped with every Colecovision made is now a $125+ game. Could you imagine that price applying to Combat on the 2600?? Still kick myself for passing on it at Jack Berg for $15 a dozen years ago thinking "Who would ever buy that-- EVERYONE HAS IT"! :)

And I understand the skepticism of sealed vs resealed, but that's a conversation that never seems to get resolved. :)

To me, a sealed item means it'll still be minty fresh inside if you choose to open it-- significantly less chance of it being gummed up, broken, abused, dropped, etc. I've got a sealed set of Colecovision hardware (System, SA Controllers, Roller Controller, Exp #1, Exp #2) that I have no doubt is genuinely factory sealed. I just can't bring myself to open any of it though! lol (Guess it's the thought of A- the scarcity of 'sealed' and B- the potential value lost of breaking said seal)

• Like 2

I agree with you murph74 I just collected video games (mostly used because they were cheaper) for a long time but a few years ago I started to notice the price difference of a sealed game to a non sealed game and that changed my way of thinking about collecting everything. In fact the only system I don't collect sealed is the colecovision and that's only because of A: Love for the system (meaning I don't sell any of my coleco stuff unless I have 2 of it) and B: it's really hard to find sealed games and if its a rare game, it gets really hard to find it sealed. Everything thing else I make sure its a true factory seal and the thing that is nice about doing that is sealed copies of games most of the time go up in value so if I sell it that means I get more money to spend on colecovision games :grin:. The way I (and I believe most hardcore sealed collectors) look at it is with a sealed game it is the ideal museum piece and when you talk about systems N64 and back very few games are still brand new and in mint condition so to find one even though it may be a common game but to have it new is far more uncommon there for its worth a lot more. Now in this case I don't know if its $500 more but when you think of value you haft to think about how many of these you have ever seen in that same condition and to you it may be worth only $50 and to someone else it may be worth $500 (you can guess witch person will have it in there collection). It just depends on how many are out there in that same condition and what someones level of interest is in the item. All it takes is one person to want it bad enough, I just know I'm not that one person :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't knock anyone for paying a huge price for something or anyone for listing something for a huge price because some people including my wife thinks I'm crazy for some of the things I get and prices I pay for :lol:. So its all relative to the seller and buyer. In this case if the seller puts it up there for 6 months and nobody buys it the only person it cost was himself. If it sells well then we would all know how much one of those roller controllers are worth in band new mint condition and thats a good thing if you already own a roller controller :cool: (bad thing if you don't)

Edited by RelliK111

I have thought about it, I have a few sealed coleco games that I would like to have graded, I'm just a little worried about the grade that they would get(I don't want less than a 85 otherwise I don't know if it would really help there value). I have a few VGA graded games that are non coleco games. It also costs a lot to have them graded unless they come to your town for a convention or something. Sometimes you can get a deal in that case and they grade it right there so you don't haft to wait of a few months to get your game back. I know you can get a price break if you have a lot of games graded and pay a few hundred to get there monthly membership. You get faster turn around times and a cheaper price per item.

While I understand some of the rationale behind the sealed game viewpoint, it's kind of a PITA for me because I open and play all the games I own (Q: if you don't play it, is it still a game?), so paying extra for some shrinkwrap and/or glue is irritating. And the universe, in its grand irony, sees to it that the rarer games frequently end up sealed (such as from a NOS find) and so I have to duke it out with the sealed aficionados. Raaarrrr!

• Like 1

That same guy has Dans JEEPERS CREEPERS prototype for sale item # 290629515270

Wow I think I need a Christmas Present anyone :lol: ! I'll take Sammy Lightfoot and its cheaper. I already have Jeepers Creepers CIB and it's the rarest version there is but I do like the green goo :cool:

Wow I am glad I already have these games! It was very hard to get jeepers creepers and sammy lightfoot so I understand where he is coming from. I like the label on the prototype it is pretty cool.

• Like 1

SEALED CIB Sammy Lightfoot!!!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2906295153041?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290629515304&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Considering how rare this game is to get CIB ..... that's almost a steal!

Yeah, once I realized how damn hard it is to find this one boxed, I'm regretting passing on a CIB copy for $180. It's just a loose cart in my collection for now.

A CIB Bump N' Jump has always eluded my collection, so I saw one on EBay today.

The BIN was $25, but the box looked brown and stained, so I hesitated. Now, the seller dropped the BIN and the bidding has begun.

I did not know that you could drop the BIN, but the seller did.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2006731584861?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200673158486&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I tried to find a price for a CIB on Atari2600, but they did not have one.

Was $25 a good price for this, and because I hesitated I lost out?

The BIN was $25, but the box looked brown and stained, so I hesitated. Now, the seller dropped the BIN. I didn't know that was allowed.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2006731584861?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200673158486&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Was $25 a good price for this?

$25 is an awesome deal considering the box is in great shape

I paid around $70 for my CIB BnP

The BIN was $25, but the box looked brown and stained, so I hesitated. Now, the seller dropped the BIN and the bidding has begun.

I did not know that you could drop the BIN, but the seller did.

Was $25 a good price for this, and because I hesitated I lost out?

Yep, $25 BIN would have been a steal for a CIB BnJ and I'm sure a bunch of people are missing this one from their collections ( |:) ) so the bidding will probably get very interesting.

This Colecovision on eBay has a RCA video mod, and a pause switch mounted up front. Along with 2 Ball-top controllers, probably made by Yurkie. Very nice and clean, but eBay may pull it once they find out it's a modified console.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3006219407671?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300621940767&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Why would they pull it if it is modified??

I thought eBay cancelled anything that has been modified.

They have pulled mine in the past, but that was several years ago. Maybe things have changed.

Whoever ends up with this console will be happy, as it looks like some of Yurkie's excellent work.

:):thumbsup:

This Colecovision on eBay has a RCA video mod, and a pause switch mounted up front. Along with 2 Ball-top controllers, probably made by Yurkie. Very nice and clean, but eBay may pull it once they find out it's a modified console.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3006219407671?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300621940767&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Why would they pull it if it is modified??

I thought eBay cancelled anything that has been modified.

They have pulled mine in the past, but that was several years ago. Maybe things have changed.

Whoever ends up with this console will be happy, as it looks like some of Yurkie's excellent work.

:):thumbsup:

Yes it does but I would rather buy from Yurkie himself though.