IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Got my Boulder Dash today :) Works perfectly and looks awesome in my colecovision shelves. Now that I see that awesome spanish version of Super Action Football(Soccer) that Luc showed us I guess that is my next cornerstone to achieve ;)

A sealed generic Soccer went for 61 Euros a couple weeks ago but today one open one closed at (equivalent of) $200 - assuming Schtroumfs isnt worth much.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1607523175161?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160752317516&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yow! Glad I got mine when I could for about $39 shipped about a year ago...

Wow $211.17! :-o and he wouldn't ship to the US! Imagine how much he would have got for it if he shipped woldwide intsead of just to France :P

I asked him to please ship to me and he wouldn't :sad::thumbsdown:

Well I just have to say Crapahute is my new FAVORITE on this site because the winner of that soccer game is me thanks to him!!!!! He purchased it for me and went above and beyond to get this for me.

10 MILLIOIN +1

Soccer and Boulder Dash in a matter of weeks when I though I would pretty much never get them. :)

Good for you man those are some great finds ;):thumbsup:

Well I just have to say Crapahute is my new FAVORITE on this site because the winner of that soccer game is me thanks to him!!!!! He purchased it for me and went above and beyond to get this for me.

Ask him to bid on this one for me, the seller wont ship...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2609730739281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260973073928&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Your funny :) You know you have to pay him, he doesn't just buy it as a gift for you :)

Ask him to bid on this one for me, the seller wont ship...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2609730739281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260973073928&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: I want one to!!! :lust: :lust:

Nice work on this hard to get Imagic Tournament Tennis

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1208717352211?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120871735221&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I am glad I already had this one so I didn't have to pay a fortune for another game :)

Damn! I bought mine 2 years and 5 days ago and it cost $129 then. How times have changed.

Yep. The rarest of the rare ColecoVision titles (like Tour. Tennis, Sammy Lightfoot, WizMath, Aquattack, Jungle Hunt, Bouder Dash, etc.) are going for some pretty lofty prices when sold or auctioned off CiB. You can, however, still find most of these games loose (no box or manual) at a decent price, sometimes even surprising low.

It certainly was an expensive day for myself on eBay... down to needing only 9 more CV CIBs along with the Holy Grail, for me at least, a CIB Super Sketch.

Yep. The rarest of the rare ColecoVision titles (like Tour. Tennis, Sammy Lightfoot, WizMath, Aquattack, Jungle Hunt, Bouder Dash, etc.) are going for some pretty lofty prices when sold or auctioned off CiB. You can, however, still find most of these games loose (no box or manual) at a decent price, sometimes even surprising low.

It certainly was an expensive day for myself on eBay... down to needing only 9 more CV CIBs along with the Holy Grail, for me at least, a CIB Super Sketch.

Ahh we are even then :evil:

Just like you bought Xenox Motorcross from Atari2600 before I could, Atari2600 is where I bought my CIB Super sketch :thumbsup:

Ahh we are even then :evil:

Just like you bought Xenox Motorcross from Atari2600 before I could, Atari2600 is where I bought my CIB Super sketch :thumbsup:

Remember this one simple fact, "I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!" :mad:. So you best be very mindful about letting me know when you are going on another vacation! :evil:

BTW, the Super Sketch is my personal Holy Grail because I never owned one back in the day, whereas I had all the other original releases.

Yeah, considering when the Super Sketch was built it is pretty amazing.  It actually would have been very good if it could save your work, however since it can't save your work that makes it pretty boring.

I didn't even know Super Sketch existed back in the day. Of course, I didn't even know most of these games existed back in the day.  I really only knew about the common games because I was too young to go shopping for games and there was no internet.

I saw ads for the Super Sketch back in the day, but never gave it much thought as it seems pointless... especially reading somewhere that you couldn't save your creations.

You think I'm obsessive compulsive now about the ColecoVision, you should have seen me back then as a teenager hanging out at the H.I.P. (Harlem Irving Plaza) in Gamer's Paradise, KayBee Toys, Aladdin's Castle (Arcade), Walgreens (for the magazines) and then running across the street to hang at MusicLand and then check out the latest at Service Merchandise.

Just caught up with this thread. Please see my comments below. -Thanks!

I'm sure some of you have spotted this auction with what looks like to be a genuine CIB Donkey Kong in excellent condition (eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2906749617251?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290674961725&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]). Today I contacted the seller to see if it was an original or reproduction box. He stated that he was not home and so could not check for certain but believed it was a reproduction.

I just wanted to let any interested parties know - I'd hate for someone on AA to lose their shirt bidding high for what turns out to be a repro box. Then again it might be original - aggghhhh!!!!!

Oooooohhh - just realised I have now passed the 1,000 post mark :)

REPRODUCTION

Just got a message from the seller:

"I was just able to contact the guy who sold them to me last week and he said they are reproductions!"

Good call J-F!!!!!

Price is currently $91 so some poor sod is going to be very unhappy.

That was easy actually...... Cabinet is more dark blue and there is no white outine on the back of cabinet ;)

I can spot fakes miles away from it

Sold for $94.69

Thinking about it....

You asked the seller if it was a repro and he was not sure at first

What bug me, is this repro box came from Phattyboombatty here on AA

So the seller must bough it from here....

Well...

That didn't take long did it. I knew that dishonest shit was going to happen. Replica boxes need something on both sides that SCREAM replica. When I looked at the auction pic, it looked like a mint DK

Hey guys, I know I'm way late to the party here... Just hopped onto this thread to catch up with what's been "hot" lately in the FleaBay market.

After catching up to all this about the guy not disclaiming the sale was for a replica box, I'm a little upset and very sorry to hear about it. As you all know (or have been made aware), my boxes have a clear, bold © on the bottom of the rear side of each box.

Agreeing with J-F, I found it distasteful that someone got their box from me here, and attempted to make more money on it without a proper description of the item.

As for an accurate description of noticeable differences: look for a) my © on the back, b) the "digital" 4 x 3 (not rounded) flat panel screenshot on the back, and c) the different photography of the DK video game cabinet.

Also, responding to the "no white outline on the back of the cabinet" statement... I actually brought this in during my second issue or "v2" box run. So those of you who ordered during the Turbo sales received the v2 box.

Sorry for not weighing in on this issue earlier guys!

Cheers!

post-28334-0-81823300-1331751952_thumb.jpg

post-28334-0-67919700-1331752123_thumb.jpg

Edited by phattyboombatty
  • Like 1

Nice work on this hard to get Imagic Tournament Tennis

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1208717352211?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120871735221&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I am glad I already had this one so I didn't have to pay a fortune for another game :)

Looks like that was a plastic box. Was this not available in a cardboard box?

The only box that I saw for the official Imagic release was a black plastic clamshell with an insert sheet. This is what I bought from a Texas mail-order company back in 1984 and this is the version I acquired last summer. The only cardboard box release I have ever seen is the TeleGames re-release.

post-25956-0-73575500-1332124835_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-72613100-1332124975_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-95727400-1332125077_thumb.jpg

The only box that I saw for the official Imagic release was a black plastic clamshell with an insert sheet. This is what I bought from a Texas mail-order company back in 1984 and this is the version I acquired last summer. The only cardboard box release I have ever seen is the TeleGames re-release.

Yeah I am a little wary sometimes of the plastic boxes. I know some of the Australian CBS releases came in boxes like that. But I have also been a little tricked by plastic boxes where someone along the line has apparently printed the box art or cut a cardboard box up and put it in the sleeve of a plastic box.

With regard to the Imagic Tournament Tennis box, as I've written before, if you have a loose Imagic Tournament Tennis cart, find the boxed version for the Commodore C64. It is the same instruction manual, and the box (plastic clamshell) is the exact same, too. Imagic put a red sticker over the spine, covering up the "For Colecovision" with "For C64", and if you carefully peel it off, you've got yourself the CV indicator.

If PPK decide to never release it, then you'll own a one of kind homebrew for sure! :thumbsup:

Price was not bad at all too :thumbsup:

Ya I was kind of surprised, I really didn't think I would win it, but thought what the hell the bidding didn't really go to crazy. I guess its one of those times you just get lucky ;) :thumbsup:

Don't suppose you'd be willing to share a scan of the instruction sheet once you have it? Would be cool to play the rom and know what to do.

Here's a scan of the instructions to Bankruptcy Builder for anyone that wants to know how to play the game on there Ultimate SD. Its the biggest AA would let me make it with there 2 mg limit. I hope you can read it. Let me know what you guys think of the game ;-) :thumbsup:

post-27857-0-91527900-1332301114_thumb.jpg

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 1