IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

ColecoVision at Shop Goodwill - Interesting for the copy of "Fire Fighter"

http://www.shopgoodw...672058.html#des

Are those homemade games? The firefighter looks like an imagic cartridge.

That's because it's a Atari 2600 Fire Fighter.

Bummer... I thought it was ColecoNut's Fireman game....so its nothing special!

I figured that it was a 2600 game, everytime I see the expansion model I get really cautious about what games come with it, because so many people mistake 2600 game for colecovision games just because it works on the colecovision. :roll: I see it on ebay all the time, and its really irritating especially when it's a double ender and you think your getting a ultra rare colecovision game when its really just a common 2600 double ender game :mad: :razz: :thumbsdown:

The best one, Relik, was a CV system with an Exp. Mod. #1 that had a Tac/Scan cartridge!!! I sent a message to the seller to inform him that it was an Atari 2600 cart seeing as he descibed the the cartridge as a ColecoVision cart. I did, however, verify with him first that it was indeed an Atari 2600 cart otherwise I would have made an incredible score seeing as this near complete game was pulled from release for some mysterious reason

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

Extremely rare Colecovision Adam Diagnostic Cart!! R9

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3307063811621?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330706381162&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yep! A VERY rare ADAM only cartridge indeed. As I mentioned in the MarketPlace/Auction thread, I would venture a guess that upwards of 1,000 were produced for Coleco's In-House needs, supplied to repair centers throughout North America and Europe and given to ADAM Users Groups/Mail-Order companies after Coleco's annuncement that they were abandoning the ADAM. Actually, 1,000 copies may be a bit much, but there are no definitive numbers on this one.

Anyhow, the $500 RESERVE was a bit much in my mind, but when you gotta have it... YOU GOTTA HAVE IT and I had to have it. This cartridge is coming home!!!!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3307063811621?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330706381162&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yep! A VERY rare ADAM only cartridge indeed. As I mentioned in the MarketPlace/Auction thread, I would venture a guess that upwards of 1,000 were produced for Coleco's In-House needs, supplied to repair centers throughout North America and Europe and given to ADAM Users Groups/Mail-Order companies after Coleco's annuncement that they were abandoning the ADAM. Actually, 1,000 copies may be a bit much, but there are no definitive numbers on this one.

Anyhow, the $500 RESERVE was a bit much in my mind, but when you gotta have it... YOU GOTTA HAVE IT and I had to have it. This cartridge is coming home!!!!

Congratulations on that rare gem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It's good to hear that you got it!!!!!!!!!!! :grin::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You guys did know that ecoleco sold a version of this. I can't tell if it's one of theirs or not.

They also sold one for the superaction controller test cart.

Oh, I thought you already had it? Good thing I don't collect ADAM stuff ;)

Congrats!

You guys did know that ecoleco sold a version of this. I can't tell if it's one of theirs or not.

They also sold one for the superaction controller test cart.

Indeed Todd. EColeco (formerly ADAM's House) worked with CBS Electronics on quite a number of ColecoVision & ADAM Computer cartridges (mostly the CV protos) and produced some very nice labels in the process for these releases as well.

This particular cartridge, ADAM Diagnostic, does have a history having come from Barry Hausman's personal collection, a former Coleco employee and was being auctioned off by a fellow AA member who seemed trustworthy to me.

Seeing as I didn't pay anything for my original copy that I had in the 80's, $500 seemed to be a bit much to spend on this one, but I had to have it and the likelyhood of another becoming available anytime soon is very slim.

Congrats. I did not bid as I was a little concerned that this might just have been an eColeco or worse yet a bootleg version of this cart. I sincerely hope it isnt!

Yeah, considering when the Super Sketch was built it is pretty amazing. It actually would have been very good if it could save your work, however since it can't save your work that makes it pretty boring.

I didn't even know Super Sketch existed back in the day. Of course, I didn't even know most of these games existed back in the day. I really only knew about the common games because I was too young to go shopping for games and there was no internet.

The only time I ever saw one in the 80's was at a souvenir shop (?!) at an airport in the States (I'm thinking it was probably Tampa or maybe LAX) for $50 and I said forget it, too much. Too much because I had just bought a lot of sealed games for $5 each at some record store - titles like Wiz Math and Sammy Lightfoot. Then I went home and sold them for $10 each at the next MTAG (Metro Toronto ADAM Group) meeting. ACK! pains me to remember that....

Yeah, considering when the Super Sketch was built it is pretty amazing. It actually would have been very good if it could save your work, however since it can't save your work that makes it pretty boring.

I didn't even know Super Sketch existed back in the day. Of course, I didn't even know most of these games existed back in the day. I really only knew about the common games because I was too young to go shopping for games and there was no internet.

The only time I ever saw one in the 80's was at a souvenir shop (?!) at an airport in the States (I'm thinking it was probably Tampa or maybe LAX) for $50 and I said forget it, too much. Too much because I had just bought a lot of sealed games for $5 each at some record store - titles like Wiz Math and Sammy Lightfoot. Then I went home and sold them for $10 each at the next MTAG (Metro Toronto ADAM Group) meeting. ACK! pains me to remember that....

Well if you ever want to sell those titles again I will be more than happy to take them off your hands for $10 :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

If we only knew what the future would bring, we would all be millionaires :twisted: :thumbsup:

Edited by RelliK111

It's funny when I was a kid I collected comics and baseball cards thinking they where going to be worth thousands of dollars when I grow up (I remember dreaming about it and being so exited what the future would hold when I looked at them), because when my dad was a kid he collected baseball cards and comics, and he told me if he would have saved his baseball cards and comics (which he didn't :( ) they would have been worth so much. He told me "if I just would have known". Now I look back I still have those baseball cards and comics but there not worth sh*t :mad: :mad: :mad: !!! Although my games, if I just would have taken care of them (like I did my comics and baseball cards) they would have been worth so much money it's crazy!!! Now I spend thousands of dollars trying to get my games back that I had when I was a kid so I could take care of them, like I should have in the first place. The Irony is just crazy!!!!!!!! It really makes me wonder what my kids generation will find valuable? Anyone know of a good forune teller? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretty nice Calendar included with that Rambo Press Kit :cool:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1306685256351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=130668525635&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I guess someone at Coleco didn't get the memo and was left out of the loop completely!

I know, Coleco stated (Jan. '85) that they would continue support of the CV and release what they had in the pipeline for the ADAM and the calenar would have already been made and mass produced. :ponder:

Great piece of collectibility there and I'm not talking about the Rambo action figures catalog. I'm glad to see that one of us got it.

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I THOUGHT THIS GAME WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: DIDN'T SOMEONE SAY THAT!!!!!!!

"Just get the Commodore 64 Ver. and peal off the sticker and you have the ColecoVision Box its super cheap" :? ......................I missed the auction, because I was coloring DAMN EGGS :mad: and it went from $26 to $181 S@#$!!!!! :mad: Now I have a cart with no home :_( :_( :_(:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3103918432511?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=310391843251&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Well, I guess the proverbial "cat is outta the bag"! Actually, seeing as this copy is SEALED and owners for both the C=64 and ColecoVision were probably bidding, it did finally sell for a very good price.

Try this one on for size, it's already over $300 and probably only CV owners are bidding on it:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1208897046301?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120889704630&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

BTW, I think Albert should start charging you for using so many emoticons... say anything over 4 in a message will cost you $1.00@. :grin:

Edited by NIAD

Well, I guess the proverbial "cat is outta the bag"! Actually, seeing as this copy is SEALED and owners for both the C=64 and ColecoVision were probably bidding, it did finally sell for a very good price.

Try this one on for size, it's already over $300 and probably only CV owners are bidding on it:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1208897046301?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120889704630&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

BTW, I think Albert should start charging you for using so many emoticons... say anything over 4 in a message will cost you $1.00@. :grin:

Ya but I like it when theres a bunch in a row that moves it just looks funnier :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ya I'm sure it didn't help that the game was sealed and I just wanted the box, but its been the only one I have seen that besides the Colecovision ones that go for $300+ I'm not sure when or if I will ever get that game CIB :sad::_(

Edited by RelliK111

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3103918432511?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=310391843251&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Well I will let you know first hand about the C64 sticker, normally I wouldnt open a sealed game but I'm making an exception with this one. Either I have a box for my cart or a really expensive Commodore disk game. BTW I asked the seller if he had more than one and the answer was NO.

Edited by coleconut