IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Another one from the same seller...

Looks like the guy decided to make bootleg copies....

The box is not the original, that's one you can download from colecobox from crapahute website.

Well......

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3008353022911?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300835302291&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

EDIT: Item reported to ebay

I knew something had to be weird about it. I didn't realize it wasn't the same box but I was like come on how could you lose the instructions.

I wonder if this guy is on Atariage or if he just saw all the huge dollar amounts and was like I can get some of that.

I knew something had to be weird about it. I didn't realize it wasn't the same box but I was like come on how could you lose the instructions.

I wonder if this guy is on Atariage or if he just saw all the huge dollar amounts and was like I can get some of that.

Help getting those bootleg out! Report item! ;)

I would not care if he try to sell a legitimate copy trying to get high $$$ .....

But I don't want people be fooled by a bootleg copy

The box is not the original, that's one you can download from colecobox from crapahute website.

Well......

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3008353022911?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300835302291&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

In the end, you were right to ask me to make different boxes for my site in order to avoid copying...

I'm really surprised that some people go into this kind of business and moreover for such a tiny market :_(

In the end, you were right to ask me to make different boxes for my site in order to avoid copying...

Yeah, I knew that someone would try to reproduce those someday.....

I'm really surprised that some people go into this kind of business and moreover for such a tiny market :_(

Guess, they are either pissed off of that game being soldout or they simply try to make fast money....... Who knows?

The firsy time I saw a loose cart of GnZ, I knew there was something wrong... But now its more than obvious that the guy is selling bootleg copies of GnZ

But a question remain...... How did he got the rom file?

Guess, they are either pissed off of that game being soldout or they simply try to make fast money....... Who knows?

The firsy time I saw a loose cart of GnZ, I knew there was something wrong... But now its more than obvious that the guy is selling bootleg copies of GnZ

Well all he had to do was buy it from someone and then get the rom file or is there some kind of protection that prevents this that I have not heard of.

Otherwise someone who buys from you dumps the rom and then you know how the tree of passing stuff along even when you say don't give this to anyone can happen.

I bought one of his games from him over a month ago, when this first came up and I figured I would send it to JF to see if it was real, the guy tried to cancel the sale and then sold it to someone else. I knew he was going to try something like this, so I waited to leave feedback until I knew for a fact that he was selling bootlegs. Now that I know I just left him negtive feedback and let everyone know its a fake, hopefully that will slow his bids down. :P

• Like 1

Well......

I think this eBay seller actually is AtariAge member Fernando Marrin? He listed at least one loose GnZ cart in the MarketPlace that I can recall and there have been other issues reported about him by some well none AtariAge members.

I think it's time his AtariAge account was cancelled and his eBay auctions monitored to watch out for more of this CRAP! What a piece of .......!

• Like 1

I think this eBay seller actually is AtariAge member Fernando Marrin? He listed at least one loose GnZ cart in the MarketPlace that I can recall and there have been other issues reported about him by some well none AtariAge members.

I think it's time his AtariAge account was cancelled and his eBay auctions monitored to watch out for more of this CRAP! What a piece of .......!

Can someone please confirm this for me?

..Al

So you're saying that these are bootleg carts he's selling, and that he's printing up manuals and boxes to go along with the carts he's making?

..Al

The box is definetly a reproduction using the work of AtariAge member Crapahute (www.colecoboxart.com). Crapahute makes these box reproductions available freely on his website and unfortunately there are unsavory types that like to use his tremendous work and generosity for all the wrong reasons.

There is no manual included with this particular eBay auction.

While it's hard to say if the cart in question is actually a "pirate reproduction" of the Homebrew release by CollectorVision, it would seem highly likely seeing that I couldn't imagine anyone parting with this cart and keeping the box and manual. The value of this CV Homebrew as a CIB is just to great to split up in this manner.

I guess that would have to be a J-F or label expert needed to answer that question to be able to tell if the label is not the original or if the cart is somehow different because otherwise how could we guarantee.

Otherwise even though I doubt there is any way any of the 60 people would lose their box or instructions I can't just come out and say it has to be.

I know Fernando buys homebrew games, dumps them if he is able, and then sells the games either here or on eBay. I will not sell him anything else from the AtariAge Store, that's for damn sure. He was asking me for the binary for Boulder Dash when he couldn't dump it, and I refused to give it to him.

..Al