IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Btw

He was looking at his thread, this morning..

The main thing now is that the WORD is out about him and hopefully will be spread throughout AtariAge and then spill over to other sites like Digital Press, NintendoAge, etc. Unfortunately, however, there will not be a 100% solution to freezing him out as he will probably sign-up for another email account as well as join sites under a different name (stuff he has already been doing) and then who knows about friends that live in his area and that could make purchases for him. Basically put, you can't ban the whole city of Buenos Aires in the hopes of stopping him completely.

Actually, banning a whole city or area could work in that a lot of people would probably get upset and track this guy down to show him their appreciation and all. At least this way, it will save Retroillucid a long and expensive trip to Argentina and attempt to kick this guys arsh! :lolblue:

• Like 5

Actually, banning a whole city or area could work in that a lot of people would probably get upset and track this guy down to show him their appreciation and all. At least this way, it will save Retroillucid a long and expensive trip to Argentina and attempt to kick this guys arsh! :lolblue:

Or you could auction that off. Anybody remember that ebay auction a few years ago for an "arsh" whoopin'?

The main thing now is that the WORD is out about him and hopefully will be spread throughout AtariAge and then spill over to other sites like Digital Press, NintendoAge, etc. Unfortunately, however, there will not be a 100% solution to freezing him out as he will probably sign-up for another email account as well as join sites under a different name (stuff he has already been doing) and then who knows about friends that live in his area and that could make purchases for him. Basically put, you can't ban the whole city of Buenos Aires in the hopes of stopping him completely.

That is why we Brazilians never trust Argentinians. ;)

Easy solution, we ban the whole country of Argentina. :P

• Like 2

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3008353022911?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300835302291&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The Ghost and Zombies cart sold for 188.50. After seeing the results of this auction I wouldn't even consider purchasing a homebrew colecovision game via ebay.

There are a lot of good and honest AtariAge members who use eBay to sell there items (either as a first resort or last resort when items don't sell here in the AA MarketPlace), so please don't lump everyone together with this idiot.

To avoid this price gouging and pirating, always check the Homebrewers website first for availability or post your questions here as there are many helpful people that can point you in the right direction.

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 3

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3008353022911?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300835302291&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The Ghost and Zombies cart sold for 188.50. After seeing the results of this auction I wouldn't even consider purchasing a homebrew colecovision game via ebay.

Look at the bidders on the auction. Two of them have feedback of two and zero - this really smacks of the seller schilling if you ask me.

Look at the bidders on the auction. Two of them have feedback of two and zero - this really smacks of the seller schilling if you ask me.

That sucks but I bet it happens more than anybody thinks. I remember this guy at work used to ask different people to bid on something for some price so that nobody would get a bargain off him. He wasn't trying to hike the dollar amount high just trying to make sure someone didn't get a huge deal off him.

It is still wrong but if I experienced that then I would think sellers that are very experienced probably do it more than you think.

Plus after what we learned about this guy did you expect anything less from him :)

Guess someone got a good deal!!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2908336292381?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290833629238&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

A lot really depends on the working condition of everything and I would venture a guess that the CV system and original power transformer are shot. I come to this conclusion due to the fact that the original owner bought an additional power supply. I would say the black Hand Controllers have issues as well (probably non-responsive firebutton(s)) due to there being two Gemstick controllers... one of which has had the top broken off. The Roller Controller might work, but with everything else stated previously, I wouldn't be to hopeful.

The big ticket items are the boxed Jungle Hunt and Tomarc the Barbarian, but the boxes are in very rough shape, the manuals are not included (both of these manuals sold separately are expensive) and there is no picture of the carts. JH is a $300 CIB and Tomac a $240 CIB if everything is in excellent condition, so from what I see and figure to be the case, I would value these out at about $270.

The rest of the items aren't that hard to come by at decent prices and more than likely with thru a seller that actually test the items, or takes 5 minutes out of their busy lives to figure out how to test things or doesn't state that I can't figure out how to get it to work even though they know damn well the things isn't working. I know that you know all too well what I am talking about Coleco_Master.

So in the end, $250 might be just about right for this lot of items. With some better assurances from the seller about the items and better pictures of everything, the seller could have got closer to $400 if not more.

Did someone here win this auction. I want the Victory CIB out of the lot :lust:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3605370818171?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360537081817&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

You and a lot of other collectors out there!!! I completely overlooked the fact that the Victory box included in this auction has to be the single most rarest box made for any Coleco created ColecoVision game. For anyone that doesn't understand, the box in the auction is the original box design for Victory that first appeared in a poster on the Coleco POP Kiosk storage area doors with the original ColecoVision splash info area and no mention that it requires the Roller Controller. The very common box that everyone is very familiar with uses the ColecoVision & ADAM splash info area and clearly states that it is for use with the Roller Controller.

So there is finally proof that this box does exist and it's not just part of a poster!

While it pains me to have overlooked this one, I'm sure I'll be feeling better come X-Mas morning with the news of PixelBoy's latest releases.

• Like 2

Am I to assume you're not going to try your luck on Super Action Soccer? Only two copies left, one of which is on eBay right now! ;)

Oh, I've been doing my part to help boost up the final winning bid on all three auctions and especially the last two which I was beat out by only a $5 both times. At least I know that ColecoDan got one and if I don't get lucky enough to win one of the final two, I can always request a conjugal visit with Dan's copy. Sometimes you just have to set limits no matter how badly you want something and as well as practice a little patience.

Sorry but thats why I bought this lot, well that and the two boxed champ adaptors.

I'll post pics upon arrival.

At least it went to someone as good as you! :) I remember thinking about going in for the keypads as well but then forgot about the auction.

Would have been nice to accidentally buy that Victory box. ;)