IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Pictures!! Don't keep us in the dark :)

Here's a few pictures of my Venture variations. I don't have them all, but I'm working on it ;) :thumbsup: The Blue Snake is a French/Canadian Label and it is rare but not nearly as rare as the Coleco/Adam one. Now I haven't seen a unused blue snake label yet, I dieing to find one of those.

post-27857-0-39796900-1369016995_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-95258600-1369016999_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-69137200-1369017004_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-36454800-1369017009_thumb.jpg

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 2

Here's a few pictures of my Venture variations. I don't have them all, but I'm working on it ;) :thumbsup: The Blue Snake is a French/Canadian Label and it is rare but not nearly as rare as the Coleco/Adam one. Now I haven't seen a unused blue snake label yet, I dieing to find one of those.

Nice collection of Venture goodies!

• Like 1

The Blue Snake is a French/Canadian Label and it is rare but not nearly as rare as the Coleco/Adam one. Now I haven't seen a unused blue snake label yet, I dieing to find one of those.

I knew I had an unused French/Canadian Venture label so I just rummaged thru my collection but alas its a green snake one.

Had a blue one at one time though, and in a moment of weakness sold it on Ebay years ago in a lot. Here's the picture I took for Ebay.post-18191-0-35675600-1369033201_thumb.jpg

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2212294093951?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221229409395&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Someone's selling his Coleco collection. The Coleco, the 2600 expansion module, the steering wheel, a potentially-non-working trackball, some storage cases and an untested super action controller along with 52 games, for one grand.

There seem to be a few toughies like Dragonfire and Tutankham, but otherwise it looks pricey for what is available.

I think that the blue snake could be a printing error.

This remembered me a Zaxxon cartridge Canadian version, the hues are slightly different in comparison to the three USA cartridges I have.

Here's some pictures of my Zaxxon variations with the unused Canadian label :cool: :thumbsup:

post-27857-0-09864000-1369111287_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-87864100-1369111291_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-48788600-1369111296_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-07014100-1369111301_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Here's some pictures of my Zaxxon variations with the unused Canadian label :cool: :thumbsup:

post-27857-0-09864000-1369111287_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-87864100-1369111291_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-48788600-1369111296_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-07014100-1369111301_thumb.jpg

I came across this auction today on ebay. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fitm%2FLot-of-5-CIB-Taiwan-Cooper-for-ColecoVision-Coleco-Vision-NTSC-5-%2F111076983041%3Fpt%3DLH_DefaultDomain_0%26hash%3Ditem19dcb44101

I noticed in your picture you have the Zaxxon box. I am assuming these are some sort of bootleg version of the games. Do you know anything about them? Thanks.

How rare are they? When were they made?Do they still make them? Do they actually work?

They're not exactly the rarest items to get. I see them pop up on eBay regularly.

Not sure when they were made, I would guess around 1984 or 1985. The Taiwanese company that made them probably went under a long time ago.

The ROMs in these bootlegs are the same as the original releases, so I see no reason why they wouldn't work on a real CV console. My theory is that these Taiwan Cooper bootlegs were third-party releases for the Bit-90, but I can't proove that. :)

They're not exactly the rarest items to get. I see them pop up on eBay regularly.

Not sure when they were made, I would guess around 1984 or 1985. The Taiwanese company that made them probably went under a long time ago.

The ROMs in these bootlegs are the same as the original releases, so I see no reason why they wouldn't work on a real CV console. My theory is that these Taiwan Cooper bootlegs were third-party releases for the Bit-90, but I can't proove that. :)

I am short on cash right now but i think ill eventually buy some. I like the labels on them. Thanks for the information.

I came across this auction today on ebay. http://rover.ebay.co...=item19dcb44101

I noticed in your picture you have the Zaxxon box. I am assuming these are some sort of bootleg version of the games. Do you know anything about them? Thanks.

If memory serves me right, there are about 7 of these particular style Taiwan Cooper bootlegs... there are numerous other bootlegs from Asia and South America in CIB form, but their box and label style vary greatly. While I don't own any personally (been very tempted), they would most likely be the identical game code that is on the U.S. releases with perhaps the title screen edited. Anyone that owns one of these please chime in.

As far as rarity and value, they have been showing up on eBay and other places (Marc O.'s site) often enough that the rarity of them has taken a big hit and I recall these selling for upwards of $50 a number of years ago, but now sellers are lucky to get $10 each for them. Basically put, these Venezuelan sellers must have a nice stockpile of them since multiple sellers have been consisitently listing them over the last year.

If you have to have everything and anything or they appeal to you asthetically, then by all means, they are worth what you are willing to pay for them. Considering the shipping expense, I wouldn't pay more then $5 each for them.

If memory serves me right, there are about 7 of these particular style Taiwan Cooper bootlegs... there are numerous other bootlegs from Asia and South America in CIB form, but their box and label style vary greatly. While I don't own any personally (been very tempted), they would most likely be the identical game code that is on the U.S. releases with perhaps the title screen edited. Anyone that owns one of these please chime in.

As far as rarity and value, they have been showing up on eBay and other places (Marc O.'s site) often enough that the rarity of them has taken a big hit and I recall these selling for upwards of $50 a number of years ago, but now sellers are lucky to get $10 each for them. Basically put, these Venezuelan sellers must have a nice stockpile of them since multiple sellers have been consisitently listing them over the last year.

If you have to have everything and anything or they appeal to you asthetically, then by all means, they are worth what you are willing to pay for them. Considering the shipping expense, I wouldn't pay more then $5 each for them.

Jim is right about the popular 5 which here is a auction for those right now and they have been sold to death over the last year. Do to that they have really dropped in price. Supposedly after talking to the Venezuelan seller that has been selling these he is down to his last ones so he is selling them in groups and the price for the set is way better than I paid for mine :mad: so if you want to get them now is the time. I bought mine because I love the style and I love the fact that the art work has little to nothing to do with the game. Bootlegs back then was like the wild west where anyone could make a game for a system and there wasn't really any laws in place to stop them. I just find them interesting and cool but thats just me. There is a number of Taiwan Cooper Games that are very rare and are hard to find, but its unknown exactly how many are out there. Taiwan Cooper Games like Tank Wars and Rocky I'm still looking for. Rocky I have never seen for sale but I have heard of it being out there somewhere, and Tank Wars I have only seen once and it went for $125 I think. The Bright yellow ones with a "cartoon family playing" on the front cover Taiwan Cooper games are much more rare, and if you find one they tend to be in poor condition. I'll throw up a picture of all the ones I have, but heres the link to the popular 5 that are the most common at least until they run out of them

http://rover.ebay.co...=item19dcb44101

Edited by RelliK111