IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

:-o WOW :-o

Winning bid of $1083.00 for a WizMath CIB!!! I guess at that price, we just may see more come up for auction. I've spent some serious cash to acquire certain items over the last couple years, but there is no way I'd be willing to go this high even if it was the last CIB that I needed to complete my collection.

Great call on this one J-F. :thumbsup:

Well I wonder if this is a self fulfilling prophecy. J-F predicts a final price of around $1,000 and it happens. Now, if J-F had predicted a final price of say $500 would that have put bidders off going higher and then perhaps it would have sold for the lower predicted price. We all know value is in the eye of the beholder, but often we place great stock in the predictions of others and use that as a measure of value and, I believe, it can dictate our willingness to bid higher than that predicted because we then believe we are paying more than it is worth. Just a thought and absolutely no criticism of J-F and others who suggest final prices.

And no, it wasn't me who bought the WizMath.

There is more and more people who start collecting CV

Even if we loose some of the best CV collectors ou there, there is always new people start collecting for the CV

I follow CV prices since 2000 , and I must admit that prices changed over the last decade

Nobody complained back then when they had to pay $70 for Cabbage Patch Kids, ... Or about the same for Tarzan

You had to pay about $80 for Congo Bongo

Since then, some resellers magically found some NOS of games ... Thinking about Ozma and the guy in Venezuela

That made prices falling for some of the games

Now, in a decade, I've seen about 7 WizMath .... Maybe 5 Sammy Lightfoot

THOSE GAMES ARE RARE TO DEATH!

Since there is more people wanting to complete their collection, It's no surprises that you see WizMath going for 1K

I too would like to pay half of this for a game like this, but you also have to think about the scarcity

In fact, WizMath is pretty scarce, as well as Sammy Lightfoot

Maybe I motivate someone to pay 1K for WizMath, but I have no regret

Finally, CV deserve something like this

The CV is probably the only system where I see CIB games (almost 50% of the whole set) going for super cheap when you see alot more common games on other systems going for much more

Even if I said WizMath is worth 1K , that doesn't mean you could not get it for ALOT cheaper

But at least, WizMath is worth THAT MUCH

:)

Even if I said WizMath is worth 1K , that doesn't mean you could not get it for ALOT cheaper

But at least, WizMath is worth THAT MUCH

And let's not forget the Xonox double-enders. I believe I'm seen a boxed "Robin Hood / Sir Lancelot" on eBay only once in my life, and I can't remember the last time I saw a boxed "Motocross Racer / Tomarc the Barbarian". Now that's rare. :) Boxed copies of "Artillery Duel / Chuck Norris" are far more common, by comparison.

And let's not forget the Xonox double-enders. I believe I'm seen a boxed "Robin Hood / Sir Lancelot" on eBay only once in my life, and I can't remember the last time I saw a boxed "Motocross Racer / Tomarc the Barbarian". Now that's rare. :) Boxed copies of "Artillery Duel / Chuck Norris" are far more common, by comparison.

Oh sure, the double ender are rarer than WizMath or Sammy Lightfoot

Having the matching manuals is really though

Either way, you got yourself two very happy sellers and probably a bunch of people considering selling their's.

• Like 2

It's a reproduction. I've even made some of those carts. I should make some more. :) Would be glad to make one for much less than that. There are a few other Atarisoft repros I can make as well, although I don't recall which ones at the moment.

Edit: And one way to spot these reproductions is they use regular ColecoVision carts, as opposed to the carts Atarisoft used for the ColecoVision (two separate labels, as opposed to a wraparound label).

..Al

• Like 5

It's a reproduction. I've even made some of those carts. I should make some more. :) Would be glad to make one for much less than that. There are a few other Atarisoft repros I can make as well, although I don't recall which ones at the moment.

Edit: And one way to spot these reproductions is they use regular ColecoVision carts, as opposed to the carts Atarisoft used for the ColecoVision (two separate labels, as opposed to a wraparound label).

..Al

I managed to pick up the last of your repro Joust, Dig-Dug and Pac-Man carts when you made them years ago. Unfortunately you'd sold out of Moon Patrol so would still dearly like to buy one of those to complete my set.

Orange boxed release of Joust with sound for CV?

I know, I'm dreaming... :-D

The complete/prototype version of Joust with sound has been found along with some other AtariSoft goodies, but nothing has been decided as far as release either on Cart, CIB or just the rom. That's about all I can say, but hopefully something will be decided soon.

Marc Oberhauser still sells the AtariSoft style boxes for Pac-Man, Joust, Dig Dug and Moon Patrol... just an FYI for those that need a box for their loose carts.

@Albert... I'm in the same boat as Ikrananka and would love to purchase a Moon Patrol cart from you with the AtariSoft style, but 1-piece, label. There is even a better version of the rom with restored title screen graphics that was shared a couple of months ago on here.

• Like 3

The complete/prototype version of Joust with sound has been found along with some other AtariSoft goodies, but nothing has been decided as far as release either on Cart, CIB or just the rom. That's about all I can say, but hopefully something will be decided soon.

Let me clarify that for you: I abandoned the idea of adding sound to the Joust prototype long ago. I'm hoping someone else will tackle it, but it won't be me, that's for sure.

Let me clarify that for you: I abandoned the idea of adding sound to the Joust prototype long ago. I'm hoping someone else will tackle it, but it won't be me, that's for sure.

It sounds like NIAD has secrets. Time to go to his house and confiscate the goodies.

Yes, I know that the attempt to have NewColeco add his own renditions of sound effects and music to the existing no sound Joust rom file did not come to fruition. The one that I mentioned above is a new rom file that was acquired from a former Atari employee and is in the hands of a prominent retro videogamer... this one has all the original sound effects and music.

Secrets yes, but unfortunately I do not have the complete Joust rom file.

• Like 1

Well, here is how the CV prototypes vault goes. :(

Fortunately this one is in the hands of someone that has made other prototype/unreleased games available in the past and does want to do something with them. If I don't hear anything in the coming months, I will make an offer that can't be refused. :mad:

• Like 2