IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Someone can explain me why this picture has 2009 date http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-C-s-Quest-for-Tires-Colecovision-1983-Super-Good-Shape-with-manual-/161175202047?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2586ca68ff

Not a good idea to sell a cartridge in 2013 with a picture of 2009 :lol:

And there are other 3 items similar.

Edited by nanochess

Eduardo is peeking out of his little hole in the ground, kinda like Groundhog Day. :)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1611783390841?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=161178339084&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It is Eduardo that sold that? ClassicMan is Eduardo on Ebay?

He found time to put items on ebay, and no time to just post a simple "update/Status" message on the Thread about the SGM.

It is something i can't understand... :(

Maybe he doesn't like us anymore.

All it is, is LIFE and we should try not to read into his abscence from the community anymore than we already have. I guess times like these are much easier for me to accept after going through many similar situations back in the days of the ADAM Users Groups with numerous friends and then actually being the one to leave the scene in '94.

However, things do change considerably when there is money paid for products that are not delivered or committments for services such as game development as is probably the case for you, PixelBoy. This type of situation can do untold harm to a small community such as the CV&ADAM, but as I have found out from past experiences, there is not much we can do to bring about the end to Opcode's silence except to try and remain positive and hopeful. When he is ready, he knows where to find us and that we will welcome him back with open arms even if it's just to be one of the gang and not to be a developer again or whatever he decides is best for him and his family.

• Like 1

I would suggest a thing for people absolutely busy, take your cronometer, put it to 10 mins, answer all e-mail you can in 10 minutes (first urgent ones.) Repeat daily.

Myself I do this and believe me, I'm incredibly busy ;)

Edited by nanochess

• 3 weeks later...

Well.. I've got to say, I've been on a bit of a ColecoVision "bender" lately. Lol. Whew! I better stop before I bankrupt myself but I just couldn't help myself with this last one.. I just picked up Escape from the Mindmaster cart off of eBay, I threw him my best offer. He was asking about 100 for it but I offered 80, and then today, I got the email that he accepted my offer. I think I got a decent deal, hopefully I didn't overpay. I've wanted this game for years! :-D I emailed him before I made an offer and asked some questions about it. So reproduction cart or a prototype? I'd say neither. I'd say it was one of the few sold by Ecoleco. He's also has video hustler and a bunch of other homebrews and UR games (overpriced imo). I'm pretty stoked to own this now though, hopefully I can pick up Fall Guy and Porky's someday ;-) I'm sure more copies of these games released eColeco are out there, how many I don't know.. What are you're opinions on this? Here's the link

ESCAPE FROM THE MINDMASTER

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221341919711

I thought that "Escape" cart was made by eColeco, but then Retroillucid stated that he actually made this particular cart and label, so now I am wondering how to tell who made the cart that I own... as if it really matters.

BTW, you should check with Coleco_Master concerning custom produced carts, boxes and manuals as he can handle pretty much anything and probably at a lot better prices. The only hang-up will probably be the amount of free time that he can dedicate seeing as CollectorVision keeps him pretty busy. This reminds me that I still have a faily sizeable want list that I need to talk to him about.

I see, ah.. Will do. I just thought he specialized in just homebrews and collecting, I didn't know he could make carts like that. I'm definitely not paying 150 for video hustler lol, I wouldn't even make an offer at this point. As far as Ecoleco games like that, who knows.. They still sell stuff and have all those oddball titles listed with the other games still but appear to be sold out. I'd rather deal with you folks here over eBay any day! I need to recoup financially at the moment, then I'll do some checking around on here for things of that nature and go from there.

By the way, NIAD, when are you releasing the next version of your ColecoVision & ADAM Computer Collector Rarity List? :)

After I receive the package from you and tweak a few things. I was hoping to be a lot further along with the additions to the list, but I have been going through the collecting dull-drums of late and haven't felt inspired... especially over the holidays.

I see, ah.. Will do. I just thought he specialized in just homebrews and collecting, I didn't know he could make carts like that. I'm definitely not paying 150 for video hustler lol, I wouldn't even make an offer at this point. As far as Ecoleco games like that, who knows.. They still sell stuff and have all those oddball titles listed with the other games still but appear to be sold out. I'd rather deal with you folks here over eBay any day! I need to recoup financially at the moment, then I'll do some checking around on here for things of that nature and go from there.

eColeco has a rather lengthy cart list, but most of the items they no longer have available and will not have again. To pay $150 for a repro Video Hustler cart would be insane and if you really want the game, track down PixelBoy's release of Konami Ping Pong as it includes Video Hustler or you could copy the rom file to the AtariMax SD Cart. I know, not the same as having an individual cart, but it's cheaper!

I wasn't set on video hustler but the new Konami homebrew is definitely on my list, along with an Atarimax cart.. I really need to get one of those anyway, it's definitely the way to go on items like that. However I'd still buy homebrews if I had it, nothing beats that experience of having a CIB game in your hands! I also enjoy the fact that I'm helping these homebrewers at the same time and contributing to the scene overall, anyway I can. :-)