IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

The labels are legit and the carts are the shells that CBS Electronics used for all their releases/re-releases. Now with that said, whoever put these labels that are made for the Coleco cart shell on CBS cart shells really ruined everything.

These Black & White labels were made by Coleco (Canada) Limitee' and supplied with the U.S. releases of games that were sold in Canada and to be more exact, probably in provinces where French is the dominant language. The idea was to place them over the English language cart label., but they were not intended to be placed on CBS Electronics carts as the labels are wider and need to be cut as can be seen in that eBay auction.

I have about 20 of these carts up for sale in the MarketPlace with pics and here are a few more pics of what they should really look like when used properly.

post-25956-0-03498000-1420683595_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-97752700-1420683602_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The labels are legit and the carts are the shells that CBS Electronics used for all their releases/re-releases. Now with that said, whoever put these labels that are made for the Coleco cart shell on CBS cart shells really ruined everything.

These Black & White labels were made by Coleco (Canada) Limitee' and supplied with the U.S. releases of games that were sold in Canada and to be more exact, probably in provinces where French is the dominant language. The idea was to place them over the English language cart label., but they were not intended to be placed on CBS Electronics carts as the labels are wider and need to be cut as can be seen in that eBay auction.

And these eBay carts are being sold as a rare "label variation"... hmmmm... that does not smell good at all.

OK, who was the lucky SOB that one this auction for two Coleco controllers... take a very close look at the black controller!!!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3314419221191?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=331441922119&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Damn man, I saw this while it was still available, but did not look close enough at the picture as the wheel blends in due to it being black and not grey like the one that I own.

• Like 1

All the prototype controllers that I have seen in Ads, Press Kits, the one that I own, etc. have used a grey Spinner Wheel whereas this one that was just auctioned has a black Spinner Wheel and even the firebuttons are black.

I should have known better seeing as the seller is located in West Hartford, CT and has/had a number of other items listed in different auctions... mainly ADAM items.

ED: they have an ADAM system up for auction now that includes a Video Hustler cart. This prototype game has been available for years in rom image format so nothing earth shattering, but the cart probably contains an Eprom Cart PCB withan Eprom chip containing the game... not too many of these floating around.

Edited by NIAD

Just to clarify that, the boxes in Canada for the games in which these labels were supplied were bilingual as well, the labels werent always black and white - indeed black and white and full colour variations exist for the same game title - and the Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act which outlines the requirements for bilingual packaging in Canada is a federal statute not provincial, meaning that bilingual labels and packaging was not local to say Quebec or New Brunswick where French is "dominant" but Canada-wide. Theres the odd Canadian cart shell that I have come accross as well. So it wasnt just a matter of tossing in a bilingual label in a US box.

English-only US releases of games also were offered for sale in Canada as well. I also saw CBS versions of games for sale in stores in Canada back in the day.

• Like 2

Thanks ColecoNut.

So seeing that the two B/W labels on the CBS carts from that auction contained all English text, is it safe to say that Coleco (Canada) Limitee' might have sold games that had French language labels affixed to the cart shell and then, due to the laws of the land, also had to supply an English langauge replacement label.

I have two such English language labeled carts that were "Printed in Canada" and one of them uses the CBS cart shell.

post-25956-0-69043900-1420931776_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-74115100-1420931785_thumb.jpg

All the prototype controllers that I have seen in Ads, Press Kits, the one that I own, etc. have used a grey Spinner Wheel whereas this one that was just auctioned has a black Spinner Wheel and even the firebuttons are black.

I should have known better seeing as the seller is located in West Hartford, CT and has/had a number of other items listed in different auctions... mainly ADAM items.

ED: they have an ADAM system up for auction now that includes a Video Hustler cart. This prototype game has been available for years in rom image format so nothing earth shattering, but the cart probably contains an Eprom Cart PCB withan Eprom chip containing the game... not too many of these floating around.

Yurkie was the lucky bidder - see his post.

OK, who was the lucky SOB that one this auction for two Coleco controllers... take a very close look at the black controller!!!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3314419221191?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=331441922119&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Damn man, I saw this while it was still available, but did not look close enough at the picture as the wheel blends in due to it being black and not grey like the one that I own.

Unbelievable...

There are some nice NOS Colecovision/Intellivision/Ti-99/4a items on eBay currently. Recently got Centipede sealed for $12, and River Raid NOS factory sealed for $10. There are a few NOS Modules #1, #2 for starting bid of $199, which I think is a little overpriced. How often do you folks run into new factory sealed boxes, individual or bulk sets? I would think not very often.. http://www.ebay.com/usr/pixelperfect80s

Edited by spaceagedevice

There are some nice NOS Colecovision/Intellivision/Ti-99/4a items on eBay currently. Recently got Centipede sealed for $12, and River Raid NOS factory sealed for $10. There are a few NOS Modules #1, #2 for starting bid of $199, which I think is a little overpriced. How often do you folks run into new factory sealed boxes, individual or bulk sets? I would think not very often.. http://www.ebay.com/usr/pixelperfect80s

Pixelperfect is expensive, but he has some seriously mint items some of which I've purchased and was not at all disappointed.

Hey a Mr Turtle Puffy Sticker. Strange they would make such a thing with no game even. Same for a few others in the picture.

Exactly... Side Trak, Spectar and Rip Cord... I remember seeing those advertised on the back of the CV console box and kept waiting and waiting for those games and they never made them (officially anyway ;))