IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I really need to sit down and learn how to play this properly one day. I've never had the manual and could never tell if I was doing anything remotely productive when I play it.

• Like 1

I really need to sit down and learn how to play this properly one day. I've never had the manual and could never tell if I was doing anything remotely productive when I play it.

Thinking about it, this is one of these games I cannot remember exactly what are about until I put it into the Colecovision.

Until recently when every game comes with manual is when I've learnt a lot about playing Colecovision games!

I'm very surprised that no ones had talked about this auction. Any thoughts?

I think by looking at it, that it IS a very rare CV cartridge. Kind of hard to make on a whim, but just what is the true value of it. Only what someone will pay, right? It would take fair amount of money to remake or duplicate the cartridge shell itself, but then everyone would know when multiples started hitting the market.

• Like 1

No one is willing to spend that type of money on CV stuff, even for something as rare as this prototype Tallboy Cart PCB and Shell. Well, if it was an unreleased game that's never been made available before, then it would have sold. I think Jumior has to temper his expectations considerably, just like he had to settle for $650 less for a nice French/Canadian CV CIB collection over what he was trying to get from me.

If it was an Atari 2600 or NES item, well, that's a totally different ballgame then.

Thats really interesting. Can anyone veryify that, that cart is really the first one?

There's absolutely no way to verify that this particular cart is the very first one that Nuvatec programmed for Coleco, but it is "one of" the first prototypes made with the finished game code. Actually, the game code would have to be dumped and compared to the released version to know for sure.

No one is willing to spend that type of money on CV stuff, even for something as rare as this prototype Tallboy Cart PCB and Shell. Well, if it was an unreleased game that's never been made available before, then it would have sold. I think Jumior has to temper his expectations considerably, just like he had to settle for $650 less for a nice French/Canadian CV CIB collection over what he was trying to get from me.

If it was an Atari 2600 or NES item, well, that's a totally different ballgame then.

so you stole them from me, you bastage. I wanted like 4 of them.

so you stole them from me, you bastage. I wanted like 4 of them.

Nah, I actually passed on the Fre/Can CV and games auction as I finally came to the conclusion that I'm not going after a CIB collection of these variations. For the price that it sold for, I'm now wondering if that was such a wise decision!

Nah, I actually passed on the Fre/Can CV and games auction as I finally came to the conclusion that I'm not going after a CIB collection of these variations. For the price that it sold for, I'm now wondering if that was such a wise decision!

nope just means the guy that bought them was impatient and overpaid. The ones I have gotten on ebay have never been high priced.

I must have missed the info but why is this not being released as a general release for everyone? Will it be later on?

The first of five prototype carts of Champion Ice Hockey for ColecoVision is now up for auction on eBay!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Champion-Ice-Hockey-game-cartridge-for-ColecoVision-1-of-5-/251940116199

Good luck to all bidders! :D

I must have missed the info but why is this not being released as a general release for everyone? Will it be later on?

Nope. This game was excluded from my release lineup mostly because Eduardo was unable to alter it to my specifications.

So I decided to release the SG-1000 port as-is, in prototype cartridge format. Only five of these carts have been produced,

and I will put one cart per week on eBay.

I love my Colecovision knick knacks, but $20.50 was too expensive for me for a .25 cent key chain. Although, I have never seen one before....

post-24893-0-46805300-1430956513_thumb.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colecovision-key-chain-old-vintage-/231547500085?nma=true&si=k3eAW%252F%252FOT8xgQvDMLeiILd06sL8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by Bartsfam