IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I tend not to judge people engaged in such grading activities, because I actually want the people of the future to see what video games were like in "my" era, long after I'm dead and burried. The beautiful thing here is that those people won't need to break open those plastic boxes to play those games, they will be able to try them via emulation, as long as the ROM files (and the technical information required to make new emulators that can run these ROMs) are preserved.

I totally appreciate the well-thought out response. And I completely agree with at least this part of it. I, too want to make sure that people will enjoy what games were like in my era. I might not go through the trouble or expense of having them graded, but I'll at least make sure they are well taken care of and will live on as long as someone wants to carry that torch. (Or the boxes of like 200 or so games!) :)

This looks nearly identical to the Super Action Soccer "protos" that I produced last year. I don't know if any of the boxes circulated, but I sold all 4 copies to Mike at Good Deal Games at the CGE event. The only difference with this one up on eBay, is that the fonts are wrong (in both "Super Action" and all the additional text toward the bottom).

Edited by phattyboombatty
  • Like 1

So now rellick is passing fakes off as rare original . Misleading people as usual .

I was wondering based on his location if that was him? The prices he wants told me it likely was. Wow, it's gotta be tough when you rep gets so bad that you have to change your name!

• Like 1

I was wondering based on his location if that was him? The prices he wants told me it likely was. Wow, it's gotta be tough when you rep gets so bad that you have to change your name!

His eBay store name hasn't changed. That's how we know it's him.

So now rellick is passing fakes off as rare original . Misleading people as usual .

I'm not passing fakes off as original you asshole! That is a custom label I had made for Super Action Football(Soccer) Its the actual pcb and the label was made will before Pixelboy made/or even talked about his version. The shell is from a donor US shell as I wanted the game to be like if it was released here in the US for my collection as anyone who collects Colecovision games will know that Super Action Soccer was never released in the US, but I guess AtariBrian if you didn't know that you could always ask me and I would be more then happy to educate you. It is the only one and was made just for me. If you don't know what you are talking about you can just shut your face, or you can always just ask me like a normal person and I will be more then happy to give you a answer.

I'm not trying to hide, in any way. I just don't need to set off ebay's robots by calling it a homebrew, so I stopped putting the word homebrew in listings, but if anyone wants to ask any questions I have no problem giving a history on anything I sell. If you have a problem feel free to talk to me.

Edited by RelliK111

That is a custom label I had made for Super Action Football(Soccer) Its the actual pcb and the label was made will before Pixelboy made/or even talked about his version. The shell is from a donor US shell as I wanted the game to be like if it was released here in the US for my collection. It is the only one and was made just for me.

Honest question here - So would that be like if I had someone make me a one-off Mouse Trap with a blue label, for example, because I like the color blue for my own personal collection, using the real PCB and an original Coleco cart case, or even just slap the blue label on an existing Mouse Trap cart, then could I sell that as a "Rare Blue-Label Mouse Trap?"

Just trying to understand how these one-offs work.

Honest question here - So would that be like if I had someone make me a one-off Mouse Trap with a blue label, for example, because I like the color blue for my own personal collection, using the real PCB and an original Coleco cart case, or even just slap the blue label on an existing Mouse Trap cart, then could I sell that as a "Rare Blue-Label Mouse Trap?"

Just trying to understand how these one-offs work.

What that means is there was never a Super Action Soccer made in the US. In the UK Coleco made Super Action Football because in the UK Football is what we in the US call Soccer. I had a label made that states Soccer instead of Football. Mouse Trap was released in the US and in the UK. So I don't really see the point in the comparison but if you want to have a custom label made that was blue and unlike something else, and its the only one out there I would say it is rare as it is the only one. The definition of rare is "(an event, situation, or condition) not occurring very often."

Edited by RelliK111

^ I know the difference between Soccer and Football, I lived in the UK for many years. I was just trying to wrap my head around how taking something that is a released version of a game and slapping a new label on it makes it "rare" even if it might be a different territory. But I guess the reality is you can sell whatever you want as long as you have a buyer, right?

Since when are homemade art projects rare R-10's ?

This is what I was getting at. Can I have my daughter draw some rainbows on a bunch of carts and claim them to be rare prototype labels? At what point does it go from being an art project to being a rare homebrew with a value? I guess the reality of eBay is you can sell anything you want at whatever value you place on it as long as you have a buyer, right?

• Like 1

I'm not trying to hide, in any way. I just don't need to set off ebay's robots by calling it a homebrew, so I stopped putting the word homebrew in listings, but if anyone wants to ask any questions I have no problem giving a history on anything I sell. If you have a problem feel free to talk to me.

So you admit that you're holding back information about items you're selling? There's absolutely no excuse for this 'Don't ask, Don't tell' act, other than to purposely mislead people. Consider your item reported, along with a screenshot of your post.

• Like 3

So you admit that you're holding back information about items you're selling? There's absolutely no excuse for this 'Don't ask, Don't tell' act, other than to purposely mislead people. Consider your item reported, along with a screenshot of your post.

Please don't report my item...it is uBeR RaRE$$$!!!!:

For your consideration, here is my copy of SUPER ACTION CRICKET!!!! It is so rare, it is considered an R492!!!! This copy is 1 of -78,032 ever made!!! Take a look:

post-29022-0-37609100-1433723106_thumb.jpg

There's even a box for it!!!

post-29022-0-30953500-1433723132_thumb.png

The first one with $3,496.78 gets it!!!! Don't miss out on this piece of history folks!!!! :P

• Like 10

Please don't report my item...it is uBeR RaRE$$$!!!!:

For your consideration, here is my copy of SUPER ACTION CRICKET!!!! It is so rare, it is considered an R492!!!! This copy is 1 of -78,032 ever made!!! Take a look:

attachicon.gif$_57.JPG

There's even a box for it!!!

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-06-07 at 8.10.26 PM.png

The first one with $3,496.78 gets it!!!! Don't miss out on this piece of history folks!!!! :P

Maybe someone needs to make this game...the Coleco graphics could be just as good as the c64 version

http://mmgn.com/xboxone/articles--a-history-of-cricket-video-games-in-pictures

• Like 1