IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Now this is interesting : eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2620181101101?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=262018110110&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]. I wonder if it's based around a re-purposed CV controller circuit board - why else call it "Seller refurbished"?

They're also selling these...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hakurmar-Champ-Adapter-Joystick-Adapter-fur-Colecovision-/262011662158?hash=item3d011caf4e

Is it legal for someone to ask for more postage after they have been paid for an item on ebay? He is saying he will cancel if not. I was under the impression by ebay that when you win an auction or buy something you basically are agreeing to a contract. His mistake not mine. He set the price for shipping.

Is it legal for someone to ask for more postage after they have been paid for an item on ebay? He is saying he will cancel if not. I was under the impression by ebay that when you win an auction or buy something you basically are agreeing to a contract. His mistake not mine. He set the price for shipping.

If you *really* want the item, you should pay him what he wants to ship it. This is because there is nothing eBay can do to force a seller to ship an item. All this seller has to do is refund your money, and the transaction is essentially cancelled. Yes, he will probably eat the seller fees if you don't agree to cancel the transaction, but you still don't get your item.

Then, once you receive your item, you can just let things lie, but if the item is not exactly as described, you can open a case.

The sellers that don't know how much it costs to ship something and then ask for more money should make one cautious. If this item isn't a big deal to you, just ask for your money back and move on.

If you *really* want the item, you should pay him what he wants to ship it. This is because there is nothing eBay can do to force a seller to ship an item. All this seller has to do is refund your money, and the transaction is essentially cancelled. Yes, he will probably eat the seller fees if you don't agree to cancel the transaction, but you still don't get your item.

Then, once you receive your item, you can just let things lie, but if the item is not exactly as described, you can open a case.

The sellers that don't know how much it costs to ship something and then ask for more money should make one cautious. If this item isn't a big deal to you, just ask for your money back and move on.

thanks.

I hope, and don't believe, you are referring to me - I certainly haven't had any communications with you since you made payment. Regardless, I am only just now packing everyone's purchases for shipping and reviewing payments. You overpaid shipping due to the fact that I work on a combined shipping basis, and I have consequently refunded your over payment.

I hope, and don't believe, you are referring to me - I certainly haven't had any communications with you since you made payment. Regardless, I am only just now packing everyone's purchases for shipping and reviewing payments. You overpaid shipping due to the fact that I work on a combined shipping basis, and I have consequently refunded your over payment.

No I am not. I am referring to the guy from Germany selling the number pad after the transaction was made asking for more money or he would cancel it.

No I am not. I am referring to the guy from Germany selling the number pad after the transaction was made asking for more money or he would cancel it.

If I remember right (I could be wrong), the seller did notn offer International Shipping on this and his other items, so in this type of situation, I would just pay the extra shipping expense to make sure you get the item. When you want specific items, sometimes you just have the bite the bullet on shipping expenses... especially in this case where it's the only one by this manufacturer that has ever become available.

I agree with NIAD, that seller did not have I will ship everywhere on his ebay sale so he probably did not have enough setup to ship to you. I don't know if you contacted him ahead of time to ask if he would ship to your area, if you did not then you created the problem because you should have asked him first if he would ship to you. He is being nice just shipping to you without agreeing if you didn't. However if you did then he should have warned you that it would cost more but it still is not unreasonable for him to ask after the fact since he setup the auction without outside shipping in mind.