IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Now if we can just scare you away from ebay we can all afford to start collecting again... (sorry couldn't resist). :evil: Ahh Luc and Troy you guys are such angels... :waving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=qLvGnro4Cgw

Wow this place knows how to treat a new collector, I think Ill just stick to winning auctions from crying babies.. For the people I have done business with pixelboy, troy whelan, etc. thanks, but I am done posting here..will continue to watch but there has to be a more friendly "Collectors" forum on the web. take care.

I don't get it. Pac Man collection has a free rom floating around. So you can play it if you want to without a cartridge.

If you're a cardboard sniffer that needs to have teh rarez physical copy...

Then wouldn't you want the yellow cart?

:?

I have both and I can tell you the yellow cart did not cost me anywhere near what they are paying for the not rare black version.

• Like 1

What is actually quite interesting is that there have been 93 bids placed by only two participants from start to (near) finish over the course of eight days. I do not think I've ever seen that happen before. Just ... wow.

It means you have 2 bidders with no idea how to bid on ebay. Both Noobz or just stupid.

It's this guy 2***js.gif( 79) ... Hmm he was the last bidder though both on death race and hustler ... was in Opcode Juno auction as well ... and ya, Super Sketch as well...

He's a real bidder just not smart. Doesn't know how to use ebay correctly to make sure you don't pay a fortune for things.

I feel for you TPR because his bidding practices would drive me absolutely bonkers even though I wouldn't be throwing in my own max bid until the end. It is a very grey area between bad bidding practices and shill bidding because his bidding style does look like shill bidding, but it's hard to quantify whether he is doing so on purpose or duking it out one small bid at a time against other bidders until he himself reaches his max bid for the item.

If he hadn't paid some serious cash for a number of items, I would say he's guilty of shill bidding, but he has indeed paid and paid dearly in some cases, so I tend to think he is innocent of any wrong doing. Now, if it was found out that some of these auctions that he is bidding up was for a friend's item and he was helping his friend get top dollar, that's another story altogether.

One thing for sure, just be glad you weren't around a number of years ago when ColecoDan, ColecoNut, Jaymeister, ColecovisionZone and myself were having knock down, drag out auction brawls for this stuff! Talk about some guys with deep pockets and a lot of passion for all things ColecoVision. :-o

yeah you guys maid me pay 874 bucks for CIB of Boulder Dash :)

• Like 1

They're a great compliment to Mario Bros and have sold very high in the past .. That's actually a great price, it was lowered some due to no bidders... I just thought some were turned off by the tear in the box...

I don't think as many people care about controllers as they do games. If I didn't already have it I would pay that amount though.

I don't think as many people care about controllers as they do games.

This is my thoughts exactly. I've looked at them, and they are nice, but I'm just not as into controllers. It is a great price though, just not interested.

yeah you guys maid me pay 874 bucks for CIB of Boulder Dash :)

You got that right!!! :evil:

I think I dropped out of that auction around the $600 mark and then low and behold... our Italian buddy put one up about a year or so later that you won for me in the $440 range seeing as he wouldn't accept bids for me. For that bit of help, I want to THANK YOU once again. :thumbsup:

Sometimes I get an angry/relief feeling at same time when losing a bid, angry because I'm not advancing to completion of my collection, relief because my bank account keep intact :grin:

thats funny, I keep track in a spreadsheet just in case some day I am no longer, so that my family knows what I paid and doesn't give stuff away for free.

Your right though it may take years again before you see another one come up but it is also possible you will pay less for it. It really does come down to how patient of a person you are. In today's world though there are not that many patient people. :)

• Like 2

I am not sure why the price is ridiculous but I would think he is calling it a homebrew because it is a homebrew label. The label says intellivision at the top.

I assume that's the unreleased Mattel Electronics ROM put on cart. Here's a brief history:

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/games/credits/coleco.html#burgertime

This is the Mattel prototype version that was programmed by Nice Ideas in France and since Mattel had dropped the idea of releasing games for the CV, Nice Ideas was allowed to work out a deal with Coleco to have the game released as sell as Bump'n Jump and Illusions. Once Coleco acquired the game and rights to release it, there programmer(s) reworked some of the aspects of the game including the graphics.

This Mattel prototype code cartridge in the eBay auction was a joint venture between CBS Electronics, ADAM's House (now known as eColeco) and possibly Telegames. The cart shell used should be a Coleco shell and the label was professionally reproduced from the officially released Coleco version of Burgertime with the small addition of the Mattel text above the title text and probably some of the copyright text info (I didn't take a close enough look at it).

In my opinion, it is greatly overpriced especially seeing as there are so many more people these days that can make a custom cartridge on demand and there are numerous skilled people who can make an exact copy of the label. At most, I would say $75 seeing as it's all made and ready for the taking especially since it might cost in that range to have a custom cartridge made.

thats funny, I keep track in a spreadsheet just in case some day I am no longer, so that my family knows what I paid and doesn't give stuff away for free.

Your right though it may take years again before you see another one come up but it is also possible you will pay less for it. It really does come down to how patient of a person you are. In today's world though there are not that many patient people. :)

I do same. I've a printed list of everything.

Yes, I think same, it can take years but probably I'll be ending getting it :)