IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

They also completely ignore all communication thru their website now and no longer update it.

They do provide good service thru the ebay store though.

I agree about the eBay part. I've bought a few things from them and they've been really good to work with.

What's with the power supplies? The say complete in box, those PS look like old cell phone chargers. My PS doesn't fit in the box and is as big as a CV supply, with a round 5 pin connector. Did they modify the system to take the smaller adapter?

What's with the power supplies? The say complete in box, those PS look like old cell phone chargers. My PS doesn't fit in the box and is as big as a CV supply, with a round 5 pin connector. Did they modify the system to take the smaller adapter?

There are two versions of the Dina/Personal Arcade. One with the round 5 pin connector (which you have), and the other with a more standard power connector, which is (probably and hopefully) compatible with the power supply pictured in the auction.

• Like 2

I was wondering about those two DINA box types, thx for clearing that up...

The DINA system was sold in foreign markets and is much rarer to find with the box and DINA labeled system.

The Personal Arcade is Telegames repacking of the DINA and is much more common, comes with the Telegames Personal Arcade box and labeled system.

It's hit or miss what type of power supply/connector will be used for each system, so ask which one the system has before you buy seeing as the larger CV style power supply with DIN connector is extremely hard to find.

That DINA box is in pretty rough shape for the asking price...

Joe Cody has always put over the top high prices on items he deems very rare. Just look at some of the Adam software prices he has set for items like SimpleCalc and Personal Accountant... the later which doesn't even look like the original data pack. He's had these items up for sale for over a year without one taker, so that should tell you something... well, that, and people won't pay such crazy prices for application software even when the item is super rare.

I would think that it would be useful to the guys doing the Coleco Book Kickstarter.

I understood what you were asking, but I have no way of knowing one way or the other from a picture. I doubt it will go for very much, so throw a bid in there that you are comfortable with.

Odds are, it's legit.