IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I was fairly confident it would climb up to where I wanted it, so i wasn't too worried about starting at .01. In the 3 hours since it started at .01, it has already jumped to $255.

That escalated pretty quickly!

Guest LiqMat

Reverse psychology at work. I always have better luck starting at a low price. The people that bid on it hope for a good deal and after investing time and emotion into the item they sometimes go crazy to win that item. I think the same thing happens at Goodwill's auction site and why an item will go for a much higher price there even though the same item on Ebay is cheaper. People relate Goodwill to getting a deal and not as many people are bidding on it even though that may just be an illusion. My take on it anyway.

Mathwiz on ebay is fun to watch, but I'd like to see an auction for Xonox Tomarc the Barbarian / Motocross Racer and Sir Lancelot / Robin Hood double enders NIB some day ... That would be entertaining...

So far all the double enders that have been out there have all seemed to have a BIN. Usually goes fast unless it is the one that a lot of us have the chuck norris / artillery duel.

I have that one and the european sir lancelot / robin hood. I would think both canadian and european would be well fought over.

That escalated pretty quickly!

yeah it is suprising how many bad ebay bidders exist. You need at least 1 bidder so they can't make a deal or take it away and the rest should just wait until the end to put how high they want to pay. You may lose it but at least the price wouldn't go skyrocketing.

Alright. The Auction for Wizard of Id Wizmath is up and technically starts at 9pm EST (10 day auction).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=162045112216 .

Any questions feel free to ask.

Sadly I'll be unable to participate on bidding but wishing best of luck for you!

Alright. The Auction for Wizard of Id Wizmath is up and technically starts at 9pm EST (10 day auction).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=162045112216 .

Any questions feel free to ask.

I have a question. Assuming the final value is approx what I think it is, are you aware that the Global Shipping Program you chose to use means it would cost me well over $100 Canadian just for shipping one game if it sold for the current amount and maybe double that based on final value? I shall not be bidding.

I have a question. Assuming the final value is approx what I think it is, are you aware that the Global Shipping Program you chose to use means it would cost me well over $100 Canadian just for shipping one game if it sold for the current amount and maybe double that based on final value? I shall not be bidding.

Not only that, no matter how well you package it, you risk a very serious RE-packing with minimal amount of packing material and protection, by the shipping depot in Kentucky in the GSP's desire to keep their costs down. I've been burned multiple times. I and many others will never use GSP again.

What is the best shipping option from us to Canada, and what would be involved in shipping it out (customs, imports, etc...)?

Your best option is to ship it directly yourself USPS Priority International. You wouldn't be able to insure this thing using USPS First Class Package International, anyway.

You can either use the shipping integrated into eBay or the USPS website to purchase the postage. You don't pay any export free. The customs declaration is part of the process of purchasing the postage. Once the postage is purchased, you print out the label (it's only one form these days, not one with three duplicates like it used to be), affix it to the package, and either arrange pick-up by the USPS (which should be free) or drop it off yourself at a local post office.

If you use eBay's integrated shipping, it pre-populates all the customs info. Be warned though that insuring high value items for destinations outside the US seems to be blocked by eBay (I don't know the threshold amount off-hand) even though it's part of their interface, so you'd have to use the USPS website to purchase full insurance.

I honestly don't know why people use the Global Shipping Program eBay offers. I don't see what effort it saves; you'd still have to ship it to their shipment center.

So far all the double enders that have been out there have all seemed to have a BIN. Usually goes fast unless it is the one that a lot of us have the chuck norris / artillery duel.

I have that one and the european sir lancelot / robin hood. I would think both canadian and european would be well fought over.

I've never seen any DE's on ebay other then chuck norris / artillery duel, and the Euro versions which I've passed on more then once. I have chuck norris / artillery duel CIB, and I've never seen even the box for the other two (I have all DB's loose cart). Would love to see pics of what you have.

PS: I'm embarrassed to say, I had to think about what BIN meant ... :dunce:

Updated the auction with usps international shipping instead of GSP. See the link above for the new auction link.