IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I would say thst the first one was a "phantom sale" to make orher possible buyers who aren't too wise to the ways of eBay think that the high price was actually justified. The second auction, for the same exact copy of the game, was then quickly listed to try and generate an "actual sale".

Whether I'm right or wrong, it's getting very aggravating and disappointing seeing B.S. auction tactics like this,.

• Like 1

If anyone from here picked this up I just want to say GREAT BUY!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-Colecovision-Adam-Family-Computer-System-/152067270112

I actually saw that this morning and had my finger on the trigger, but I just didn't need it as I already have a few complete systems so I was hoping someone else would grab it quick. What a great deal to whoever got it!

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 11.34.11.png

• Like 1

If anyone from here picked this up I just want to say GREAT !

I wouldn't be so quick to say that was a great deal. If you read the sellers description, he states that "it was shown to him to be working at the pawn shop" which tells me he did not test it out recently before putting it up on eBay. I would guess that he bought it at a ridiculouslessly low price from the pawn shop with the intention to flip it at a later date and never set it up or knows anything about the Adam.

Anyway, $300 is a fair price for a CIB system with a box that is in good condition, but they tend to go for much less due to the large shipping costs. The addition software is a nice bonus.

Good Luck goes out to the buyer as I hope everything is working and you get many years of trouble-free enjoyment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-Colecovision-Adam-Family-Computer-System-/152067270112

I actually saw that this morning and had my finger on the trigger, but I just didn't need it as I already have a few complete systems so I was hoping someone else would grab it quick. What a great deal to whoever got it!

Those really go for that much? I've had an extra for a long time that I thought I would almost have to give away since it's so huge and takes up so much room in a collection.

Short notice, but I have a MIB, sealed Gateway to Apshai up with only a day left.

(This is my first post and I couldn't find anything about not posting your own auctions. If that's not allowed, sorry, and please delete this. Thanks)

With only shipping to the US you're cutting off a lot of CV collectors and potential bidders. I still just don't get why shipping to even Canada is deemed a hassle. I ship internationally all the time.

The USPS customs form is simple to fill out and if purchase your shipping thru eBay and print your own label, I don't think you even need to fill out a customs form plus you save a little money over the "actual shipping cost" that eBay calculates for the auction.

Edited by NIAD

Thanks for the advice, guys! Looks like eBay won't let me revise it to allow international shipping at this point, but I'll definitely start adding it on my smaller items in the future.

I sold a TRS-80 lot that weighed 33lbs, and the estimated shipping to a prospective buyer in Canada was like $200. I kind of gave up on offering to ship to Canada after that, but hopefully it's more sane for smaller items.

Can't beat the shipping price, that's for sure.

• Like 1

I think I got a fair deal on this ... I had been looking for one for years having missed the first run ... I had seen them on ebay in the past, but if memory serves me they were a bit more... The seller said I bought it within 8 minutes of him listing it ;) ..

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1317929071791?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=131792907179&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Thats pretty much the original cost . Have you seen the new Colecovision arcade controllers coming soon by Edladdin ? Those are what I am waiting on , and for a cheaper price .

• Like 1

I cancelled the other auction after getting consent from winning bidder.

Updated auction with priority international shipping instead of using GSP.

Just a reminder that the Wizard of Iz: Wizmath CIB auction ends today for those that are interested or curious. Should end in about 7 hours or 3:20pm EST

Just a reminder that the Wizard of Iz: Wizmath CIB auction ends today for those that are interested or curious. Should end in about 7 hours or 3:20pm EST

Wow! Congrats on that! Hope you got what you were looking for it!

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 17.28.05.png

• Like 1