IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Hahaha :lol: what other games were published by Colecovision? :lol: I didn't even know that publisher existed :rolling:

Yes, so stupid I am.... the problem is that he continues to say he didn't receive it and I can't really say he is a liar... so weid even the post office's letter confirmed me the package was delivered.

Impossible, the item was sold in February and I don't have the possibility to see the transaction anymore except via Paypal

Here's an interesting article discussing buyers who are scammers on eBay and how the eBay system is designed such that it ends up protecting them and not those being scammed.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/apr/25/ebay-seller-beware-buyer-guarantee-exploited-scammers

I'm having issues myself with a buyer from France. He bought an item from me via Buy-It-Now and then didn't pay. I messaged him and only then did he say that he didn't get paid for 3 weeks and he would pay me then. After a little arguing I gave him the benefit of the doubt (my mistake) and waited. He did pay me, a few days earlier than when he said he got paid, and so I packaged up the item and shipped it without tracking or insurance (another mistake by me but no way I would ever be able to sell internationally otherwise). So, two weeks later, i.e. after only 10 business days in transit, he messages me (yesterday) to say he hasn't received the item and is worried. I message him right back to explain that it could easily be another week due to delays in customs and it being a low cost, low priority, air mail service. No direct reply from him, instead today I get a message from PayPal saying that he has now raised a dispute with me. His explanation message within the dispute is that he started the dispute as a "precaution" and that he will cancel the dispute when he receives the item. Looking back through the feedback he has left for others I see he is quite happy to leave negatives with one seller responding that the buyer is a known time waster. I'm pretty sure how this is going to end - with my first ever negative feedback from someone who I am pretty certain is a part-time scammer.

Needless to say he will now be on my blocked bidders list and I will no longer offer shipping without tracking. If this ends badly I will post his eBay ID here as a warning to others.

Edited by Ikrananka

You can have a negative removed if you pursue it. He'll get the item, You can't prove it but he'll also get his money back so a negative is unwarranted and ebay actually will remove it sometime if you request it.

I too had to stop shipping overseas. Tracking is too expensive and not really optional. I did have one guy in france though after 6 weeks say the item did arrive and he was happy and closed the dispute so there is always hope.

Here's an interesting article discussing buyers who are scammers on eBay and how the eBay system is designed such that it ends up protecting them and not those being scammed.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/apr/25/ebay-seller-beware-buyer-guarantee-exploited-scammers

I'm having issues myself with a buyer from France. He bought an item from me via Buy-It-Now and then didn't pay. I messaged him and only then did he say that he didn't get paid for 3 weeks and he would pay me then. After a little arguing I gave him the benefit of the doubt (my mistake) and waited. He did pay me, a few days earlier than when he said he got paid, and so I packaged up the item and shipped it without tracking or insurance (another mistake by me but no way I would ever be able to sell internationally otherwise). So, two weeks later, i.e. after only 10 business days in transit, he messages me (yesterday) to say he hasn't received the item and is worried. I message him right back to explain that it could easily be another week due to delays in customs and it being a low cost, low priority, air mail service. No direct reply from him, instead today I get a message from PayPal saying that he has now raised a dispute with me. His explanation message within the dispute is that he started the dispute as a "precaution" and that he will cancel the dispute when he receives the item. Looking back through the feedback he has left for others I see he is quite happy to leave negatives with one seller responding that the buyer is a known time waster. I'm pretty sure how this is going to end - with my first ever negative feedback from someone who I am pretty certain is a part-time scammer.

Needless to say he will now be on my blocked bidders list and I will no longer offer shipping without tracking. If this ends badly I will post his eBay ID here as a warning to others.

You can have a negative removed if you pursue it. He'll get the item, You can't prove it but he'll also get his money back so a negative is unwarranted and ebay actually will remove it sometime if you request it.

I too had to stop shipping overseas. Tracking is too expensive and not really optional. I did have one guy in france though after 6 weeks say the item did arrive and he was happy and closed the dispute so there is always hope.

Good to know - thanks for the info.

Good evening! I've got some Colecovision auctions going, including some quite rare games. These include:

1. Alcazar

2. Sector Alpha

3. Super Cross Force

4. Spectron

5. Gateway to Apshai (with bizarre white and black only label)

6. Quest for Quintana Roo

7. Dukes of Hazzard

8. Rock N Bolt

9. Boulder Dash

I also have a bunch of commons with near-mint condition manuals. Hope somebody wants these!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/wolfgang123/m.html?item=112034925415&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Thanks!

Clay

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have

- OPcode Donkey Kong

- Destructor in the box (good or better condition)

- Tarzan in the box (same condition as Destructor)

- Dungeon & Trolls (CIB)

Dungeon & Trolls

Yes, but you'd probably be better served by posting Wants in a Marketplace thread...

I really would love to know what people are smoking sometimes...

I guess it doesn't hurt to shoot for the stars and then adjust the price down accordingly when it doesn't sell. :roll:

Along with the price, what gets me is there is no manual, missing the two standard hand controller overlays and if the seller were to get his asking price, do you think he woild be smart enough to purchase extra insurance?

I really would love to know what people are smoking sometimes...

I guess it doesn't hurt to shoot for the stars and then adjust the price down accordingly when it doesn't sell. :roll:

Guys, go back and check the completed auctions for school_girl_in_a_short_dress and completed auctions in general over the past three weeks and all will become clear. I am actually surprised no one has mentioned where things have been heading lately, especially given that AtariAge members active in this thread have benefitted from sales to one or more of the bidding parties in that time.

Doubt he got that much for it.

I believe ebay always shows the asking price for sold auctions and not the accepted offer price.

His typical strategy here as usual...price things 1 1/2 to 3 times their top value and hope for still high offers.

While I have seen nice cib copies climb to the near 300 range, it's still alot.

And they seem to be poping up more than they have been.

If you got a nice copy cib for 80, I think you did very well ;)

Edited by stupus

Doubt he got that much for it.

I believe ebay always shows the asking price for sold auctions and not the accepted offer price.

His typical strategy here as usual...price things 1 1/2 to 3 times their top value and hope for still high offers.

While I have seen nice cib copies climb to the near 300 range, it's still alot.

And they seem to be poping up more than they have been.

If you got a nice copy cib for 80, I think you did very well ;)

Ok, not sure I realized that the best offer didn't indicate on completed listings. I can buy that then.

Yeah I thought 80 was decent. Surprised it lasted a few days as a bin.

Yeah, it's annoying that ebay does that.

I am surprised that galaxian at 80 lasted a few days as bin. Usually the good colecovision deals get snatched up fast ;)

It's taken some patience but I've found several CV items over the last year at good prices. CIB versions of Galaxian, Dukes of Hazard, Anarctic Adventure, Beamrider, Frogger II, Tutankham, Alphabet Zoo, Spectron, and Sector Alpha. Also snagged loose copies of all the Fisher Price games and Wiz Math. Been trying to get closer to completion on this one. Right now the big ones I'm missing are mainly the tough Xonox double Enders.

• Like 1