IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

If you promised a 100 cart run then 'stick to your guns' (as Youki did) - I;m OK with it.

In fact it was not my willing at start. Collectorvision had estimated the sales to 25. (at this time, it was more of less the quantity we could sell an homebrew for coleco) and said only 25 will be available. Then later after the complains when collectorvision has said that no more will be produced.

Then it has been really my willing that Collectorvision keep his promise despite the strong temptation to produce more due to the demand.

Collectorvision had estimated the sales to 25. (at this time, it was more of less the quantity we could sell an homebrew for coleco) and said only 25 will be available.

If so, that would have been an absurdly low estimate of potential demand to meet, even for that time period.

If so, that would have been an absurdly low estimate of potential demand to meet, even for that time period.

I'm not sure , it was my first homebrew , i didn't know the scene, i was new to atariage. it was in 2008 ,nobody knew me and i think collectorvision based his estimation on his previous sales .

Edited by youki

I'm not, nor ever was, questioning your private sales records. There's a reason my response to the floated count of 25, which you quoted earlier, began with "If so..."

Yeah, that's true, at first we were going to make 30 copies only

You've to remember that's almost 10 years ago, I didn't sell many copies at that time

But yeah, nowadays 60 copies only would be ridiculous

Ok. Now this is terribly misleading

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282631995448

Yup. I'm very sure that Colecovision motherboard wouldn't have a copyright of 1989 on it. No cartridge or expansion slot available. Too many RAM/ROM chips. Z80? No, only see Motorola chips. No large heatsink on the video chip? Made by arnewsh. Have tutor v1.32 ROM chip. And Google don't even know what that thing is. I've wondered it'll fit in a Jaguar shell. Hmm...

• Like 1

I didn't have much luck finding out what that PCB was either... but from the ports on the left it would appear to be some form of terminal server. 68k-based, which was common enough. An interesting machine but not $100 interesting. ;)

(edit: clearly I meant MY left ;) )

Edited by Tursi

I love to collect mundane Colecovision relics....but this is the "mundaneist!"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Mountain-Dew-Vintage-1983-Soda-Bottle-Cap-Pepsi-Colecovision-Arcade-Game-/302435450223?hash=item466a8ebd6f:g:umAAAOSw8FRZqIsE

PLUS; $7.00 to ship a bottle cap??

I have a coke bottle sitting on my shelf (listed as found under a house) that has a CV offer... yeah, I had to pass on 'just' the bottle cap...

• Like 1