IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Who is this?

Looks like someone that was around in the early days of the Homebrew scene who probably knew John Dondzila and/or Daniel Bienvenu. Possibly even could make his own carts.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with the carts that he is selling seeing as the games on them were all released as rom files (Nim, Spectank, Kill Barney, etc.) without stipulation.

He is also selling some released carts like Star Fortress by John D. and Power Lords by CGE that are authentic.

He is also selling some released carts like Star Fortress by John D. and Power Lords by CGE that are authentic.

I'm not entirely certain that particular Star Fortress is authentic. Certainly doesn't match any of the multiple, ad hoc copies Dondzilla himself issued over the years that I've seen or possess.

The seller in question has stated (publicly and privately) that what's being offered comes from a collection that he's not utterly familiar with, which suggests it isn't his, should you take him at his word.

I'm not entirely certain that particular Star Fortress is authentic. Certainly doesn't match any of the multiple, ad hoc copies Dondzilla himself issued over the years that I've seen or possess.

The seller in question has stated (publicly and privately) that what's being offered comes from a collection that he's not utterly familiar with, which suggests it isn't his, should you take him at his word.

The Star Fortress cart is legit, using the Activision cart shell and PCB that John D. used for some of his cart releases, and the label is spot on. Identical to the one that I owned, sans the plastic clamshell with insert sheet.

Doesn't matter if the seller knows anything about them, there is nothing wrong with the items he is selling unlike in other past situations.

All that matters now for the seller is if someone is willing to pay the price(s) that he is asking.

Its JF who did the Winky Trap Hack :)

but this cart is not from him... its a bootleg

And the Winky Trap Hack rom file was released freely without any stipulation by J-F. So if someone wants to make a cart out of it and then decides to sell it, there is no wrong being done here. If there is, than there are A LOT of people around here that are guilty of doing just this.... including J-F.

The Star Fortress cart is legit, using the Activision cart shell and PCB that John D. used for some of his cart releases, and the label is spot on. Identical to the one that I owned, sans the plastic clamshell with insert sheet.

The label is a match. I have never seen (or have had) a "legit" Dondzilla release shelled in an Activision casing, but apparently you do. So, I stand corrected.

Doesn't matter if the seller knows anything about them, there is nothing wrong with the items he is selling unlike in other past situations.

You are reading too much into what I wrote. I didn't connect A to B as you do.

ETA: oh so sloppy punctuation

Edited by mumbai

• 2 weeks later...

It's a Coleco In-House copy utility. I'm pretty sure that it's what we in the ADAM community have known for years as "TapeUtil", which I have a cartridge of that is Rev. 22 whereas this one on eBay is Revision 25.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed these which I already have copies of myself but I figured considering the great prices these should be mentioned here...

Steamroller loose cart...Best Offer or Buy It Now for only $79...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COLECOVISION-Steamroller-RARE-2000s-Homebrew-Video-Game-Cartridge/332486719452?hash=item4d69c0b7dc:g:BX8AAOSwSrNaMegJ

Skiing loose cart...Bidding starts at only $99...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COLECOVISION-Telegames-SKIING-Rare-Elusive-Coleco-Vision-Video-Game-Cartridge/272982622226?hash=item3f8f084012:g:xLMAAOSw5VtaMoBn

Different seller but with many boxed homebrews all of which are at great Buy It Now prices...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games/139973/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_ssn=2coolspirit

Edited by rodge2001
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...