IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Does anyone else ever feel guilty about posting in these sorts of threads?

Maybe a member here is already watching an auction for some rare item they've been hunting for ages, and then I post it in here and suddenly there are 50 eyes in it and it's sold. Just me that thinks this?

Yes, especially when it's done on Facebook!

Does anyone else ever feel guilty about posting in these sorts of threads?

Maybe a member here is already watching an auction for some rare item they've been hunting for ages, and then I post it in here and suddenly there are 50 eyes in it and it's sold. Just me that thinks this?

But what if the rare item is being sold by someone here who is hoping to get as much as they can for it knowing there is a demand?

There are two sides... :P

But what if the rare item is being sold by someone here who is hoping to get as much as they can for it knowing there is a demand?

There are two sides... [emoji14]

There is indeed, and I guess my viewpoint reveals I'm more of a buyer than a seller, only really selling the odd double I pick up in bundles.

I think the seller owns publicising their own sales, so if they want to post it in here that's on them. Although a few years ago I was lucky enough for some blogger I'd never heard of to include a link to one of my sales, which drove the price up nicely for me, so yeah, it's not so clear cut is it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey all! I wasn't going to list this here but decided to anyways just in case someone can use them. I machine cut some satin aluminum vinyl discs to cover up the scratched up discs on black Colecovision controllers. I use them myself in all my controller refurbs and they're much more durable than the paper stickers that are offered elsewhere. Of course they're not exact replicas of the original discs and are a little darker without the swirl pattern. Thanks all! :)

One thing to note, some of the white Coleco/Adam controller have different diameter discs so I can't guarantee that these will work on them. Also, they don't look right on controllers that are missing the disc entirely.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183462742605

I'd have to go uncover those that I have, but off the top of my head, there's at least one more: Gateway to Apshai was also issued in this generic-looking manner.

Ah yes, I remember now seeing Gateway to Apshai. Would be great if you could let me know if there are any others you have. I'll add them to the Excel version of the collectors list that I'm trying to get updated.

Ah yes, I remember now seeing Gateway to Apshai. Would be great if you could let me know if there are any others you have. I'll add them to the Excel version of the collectors list that I'm trying to get updated.

I can add it to the queue. There's a hand-annotated printout of that list somewhere in my files from a couple years back that includes such additions and clarifications ... perhaps I should go looking for that, too.