IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

• 1 month later...

I have Gorf and Tunnel Runner for the Atari 2600.
In the box and shrink wrapped when I bought them back in 1991.

I am more or less just trying to get an idea for what they are worth to a collector.

I am more into Coleco, Atari 5200 and Intellivision more than anything else.
What's with the 5200 anyway, I thought it was a neat system and once you get used to the controllers everything played great.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry I missed the auction

You'll be sorry you misssed this auction too. Ebay # 202542880569 This is one whackjob for sure. Very belligerant as well, as his description shows in detail I think he may possibly and most probably missed the whole concept of the Happy Holidays season. TOO BAD

Edited by adamcon

Well for 1 if the items are lost or the buyer does a chargeback the seller is out the shipping charges. Which can easily outweigh the item cost when shipping abroad. Being out the item and losing money on top seems like a good reason for starters.

What the hell is wrong with these people.
Do they honestly believe that these home brew games are some kind of vintage, rare whatever that they should be worth a car payment?

Some guy wants $400 for pong which is a weekend project for any beginning programing student in college.

That and some Space game from 2013 Collectorvision

I actually have the source code in Assembly for 7 different machines including MSX, SMS and the Game boy.

Oh and you get it new, sealed in the box....yeah
I have no problem with making a couple of dollars but this gouging is way out of hand.

Do they honestly believe that these home brew games are some kind of vintage, rare whatever that they should be worth a car payment?

Some guy wants $400 for pong which is a weekend project for any beginning programing student in college.

I actually have the source code in Assembly for 7 different machines including MSX, SMS and the Game boy.

I have no problem with making a couple of dollars but this gouging is way out of hand.

Not that it justifies the price, but remember that the original release price of pong and space wars $150 back in 2014.

You're not referring to this, are you:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Computer-Space-Pong-for-ColecoVision-Brand-New-Sealed/283220728981?hash=item41f1455c95:g:Ne0AAOSwORxby81F:rk:1:pf:0

I was, just didn't want to post links.

Hey, it may be worth that price to someone but one mans garbage is another mans gold.

When I start selling my titles I want them to be original, not ports or MSX games or whatever.
That's been done already.
I already have a line up but at the same time I do not want to start vaporware announcements.

My first game is almost done and 100% free,

I never looked at this as a money venture but more of a love for the Colecovision that I defended when my friends were getting the NES and Genesis.

• Like 1

Sure, its packaging is unique, but it's far from pristine condition and the game itself is about as common as can be. I can think of far better uses of $500, but then again, I guess if you can get someone to part with that much for it, more power to ya.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-ZAXXON-ColecoVision-1982-CIB-Complete-in-arcade-box-nes-ADAM/131879742086

• Like 1

And just think, I actually bought all 3 of those when they first came out.

Same as Smart LOGO and CPM.

I thought I was going to be some hot &&it programmer and there just wasn't enough information and tools at the time to do much.

But at least I was real good at Jumpman Jr. and Montezuma's Revenge. Got past the first dark level and everything.

Edited by Mike Harris

Sure, its packaging is unique, but it's far from pristine condition and the game itself is about as common as can be. I can think of far better uses of $500, but then again, I guess if you can get someone to part with that much for it, more power to ya.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-ZAXXON-ColecoVision-1982-CIB-Complete-in-arcade-box-nes-ADAM/131879742086

It seems like that has been on eBay since there was an eBay.