IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for a decent priced ADAM Disk drive to recover my 80's work to use with my VDD.

The unfortunate problem is everyone on EBAY truly believes that this is a one of a kind collectors item made of gold.

I recently debated with a guy that even said there were broken pieces, for parts or repair, no refunds, could not prove it worked and wanted $300.

This guy won't return my emails to clarify content...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coleco-ADAM-5-1-4-Disk-Drive-In-Box-Colecovision-Family-Computer-5-25-Floppy/333252940591?hash=item4d976c532f:g:bEEAAOSwBcVctOyn:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!33584!US!-1

He wants collector $$, advertises in Box yet only shows half a Styrofoam container nor CIB

Another wants Collector $$ but has no power supply.

You see what I am facing.

Does anyone out there have a working drive for sale at a reasonable price.

Edited by Mike Harris
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Harris said:

Looking for a decent priced ADAM Disk drive to recover my 80's work to use with my VDD.

[...]

Does anyone out there have a working drive for sale at a reasonable price.

Perhaps post in the "Wanted" forum rather than this thread to improve your odds of a favorable response?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mike Harris said:

I keep seeing this and I KNOW it has to be some ripoff but for my education can someone fill in the blanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphics-Design-Cartridge-Project-Name-by-Line-for-the-Coleco-ADAM-computer/113718630113?hash=item1a7a2896e1:g:ZmYAAOSwlsda5nVs

I think that is probably a recently made version.  Here is what at least one version looks like:

1503725541_ProjectName.thumb.jpg.140069704f4d940748f06c703ef03d08.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Harris said:

I keep seeing this and I KNOW it has to be some ripoff but for my education can someone fill in the blanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphics-Design-Cartridge-Project-Name-by-Line-for-the-Coleco-ADAM-computer/113718630113?hash=item1a7a2896e1:g:ZmYAAOSwlsda5nVs

A ripoff I agree too.  This has to be a custom label made to look original and a price out of whack; but hey a person has to try, right?

7 hours ago, Mike Harris said:

How can it be a ripoff when no one owns the rights to the program unless you are referring to the price.

CGP / Project Name by Line is a Coleco In-House utility program that was originally made available on Disk and DDP. Jim Walters was the first to make it available on a cartridge at a reasonable price. I think the one pictured in the eBay listing was made by the consortium of eColeco / Telegames / CBS or this was made and sold at CGE in the early 2000s.

There are two versions... one that will capture the currently displayed screen when the Cartridge Reset switch is pressed and one that will not.

3 hours ago, NIAD said:

How can it be a ripoff when no one owns the rights to the program unless you are referring to the price.

CGP / Project Name by Line is a Coleco In-House utility program that was originally made available on Disk and DDP. Jim Walters was the first to make it available on a cartridge at a reasonable price. I think the one pictured in the eBay listing was made by the consortium of eColeco / Telegames / CBS or this was made and sold at CGE in the early 2000s.

There are two versions... one that will capture the currently displayed screen when the Cartridge Reset switch is pressed and one that will not.

Ripoff in the fact that I have seen so much bogus software and then trying to sell it for $200.

The idea was to get more information about it.  Whoever is selling it has the right to make whatever they want off it.
When I can not find it in the public domain anywhere or my collection I just thought it was fake.
I read that Walters Software was now legal to share but still have yet to see it.  Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
Either way, the more I research the more I learn about Coleco history.

And just found it by a different name...

Edited by Mike Harris

I just read the description. A screen capture of whatever is on the screen then being able to edit & save it. 

I would have killed for such a device back in the day for ibm pc as well. That's really cool.  

I had to draw all graphics using the numeric keypad and the space or enter key. line by line, pixel by pixel.

Edited by digress

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought another ADAM off Ebay.  Maybe you seen it already around $327, in the box, complete and shipping included.
It says it may work...That is neither here nor there.  I am using it for backup parts.

That said.

I will now have 3 printer/power supply's sitting around that I will never use.  One never used period.
That plus the ribbons and the different style daisy fonts.

I am putting them on EBay and I wanted your opinion on what a reasonable price I should set.

Each or in a bundle.  I hate to throw them and I don't want them around taking up space.

This came with a purchase I made of an Expansion Module 3, no printer.

The Logo, Recipe Filer, Letters and Forms, Flash Facts and Flashcard Maker are all FACTORY SEALED with raised emblem on the outside of the packages.

20190822_151802.thumb.jpg.008d2dcd78f445878abda9c79b3ffded.jpg

As a bonus I received this advertisement sealed in a plastic envelope.

As you can see these are PROTOTYPE ADAM'S
I think it was from an old magazine and the guy pasted it on some hard paper.
Someone was obviously a collector and now this goes into my glass case in the man cave.

20190822_152034.thumb.jpg.d18aa7a30a2d82dadfbe1156efbf0df6.jpg

Lucky purchases right???

Edited by Mike Harris
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 3:29 AM, Swami said:

I'm sure the GnZ winner must have bid over $500 to win. Crazy.

i still do not understand how "collectors" work...

Why Gnz goes so high in price , while there are other colecovision games that have been produced in less quantities that never go so high.

A big mistery for me.    You could say , it is because the game is good ,  but this argument do not work , as now there is knight'n more that is more or less the same game but better.

Edited by youki