IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

4 minutes ago, PhoenixMoonPatrol said:

Thanks for linking to that guy's page. Turns out that scumbag put a link in his auction that went directly my youtube channel with Outrun for Colecovision gameplay. I want no part in guys like this stealing from homebrewer publishers by reselling them as his own work then using my video to help sell a few extra copies. That video is now set to private. 

I'm confused. Isn't he just selling copies of this game? Where does he claim it's his own work?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PhoenixMoonPatrol said:

Thanks for linking to that guy's page. Turns out that scumbag put a link in his auction that went directly my youtube channel with Outrun for Colecovision gameplay. I want no part in guys like this stealing from homebrewer publishers by reselling them as his own work then using my video to help sell a few extra copies. That video is now set to private. 

This guy actually works with Atari Age to sell games on eBay.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2019 at 8:50 PM, mingus said:

wow - nearly 5 days left and it's already almost $400....that is so minty, though.  look at the top sticker!

On 9/12/2019 at 9:34 PM, Mike Harris said:

I was beat out at $300
If I didn't already have one that is very close to this one I would have kept at it.

In all honesty, I just wanted that new Colecovision smell.

Here was another one. Didn't hear about it until it was over, as usual.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COLECOVISION-Vintage-Video-Game-Arcade-Console-Nintendo-Donkey-Kong-SEALED/193116718922?hash=item2cf6a7474a:g:HD8AAOSwVYBdcHBu

4 minutes ago, Swami said:

Really? I assumed he was another bootlegger. I stand corrected then. Its just that I've seen people in the past linking to these guys and thought it was another one of them. Thanks for correcting my error?

2 minutes ago, PhoenixMoonPatrol said:

Really? I assumed he was another bootlegger. I stand corrected then. Its just that I've seen people in the past linking to these guys and thought it was another one of them. Thanks for correcting my error?

Yeah, it's not like there aren't a few out there, it's just that this guy has come up a few times before and Albert has vouched for him...but his name still comes up from time to time. :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Swami said:

I want to say up front I am not implying anything against this guy.
I needed an example and he's selling these games.

It does seam however that after buying them at discount bulk he then marks them up like $20 beyond the price from buying it direct from the manufacturer.

Hey, that's his thing....

Edited by Mike Harris
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Swami said:

I was the first bidder on that.

The guy tried to sell it for like $2300 then marked it down to around $1700 and then had some bidding war.
I bid on like 7 things and held firm, someone wanted them more than me and I was grateful too.
After I put my bid in on most of it I had second thoughts.
I mean, I wouldn't MIND having a Telstar but I'm not dishing out $100 bucks for one.
I would rather go Scuba Diving instead of a sealed Colecovision on my shelf just for it to go to the good will once I'm dead.

Edited by Mike Harris
  • Like 1

Mike Harris. I understand your take and you have a good point. But at the same time its sorta free enterprise and all that. I know that if I ever decided to sell my mint copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga someday I would ask quite abit for it since I still have great memories of buying it at retail in 1998 and enjoying the game quite abit. I know its not the same as hoarding games as you said but still he has a privilege to sell for what he thinks he can get.

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol

1 hour ago, PhoenixMoonPatrol said:

Mike Harris. I understand your take and you have a good point. But at the same time its sorta free enterprise and all that. I know that if I ever decided to sell my mint copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga someday I would ask quite abit for it since I still have great memories of buying it at retail in 1998 and enjoying the game quite abit. I know its not the same as hoarding games as you said but still he has a privilege to sell for what he thinks he can get.

If I get my way....New life is coming to the community and that is all I am saying because I don't want to announce something and it become vaporware.

However, the Coleco scene has kind of died down a bit so it is time to keep it alive just a little longer.
Case in point, my kids could care less about Coleco so it is my generation that this may end with.

Here we go, and I pretty much knew this was the end result...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ColecoVision-Console-NEVER-USED-MINT-COLLECTORS-ITEM/333349158257?epid=109437726&hash=item4d9d287d71:g:Hk8AAOSwXKddlh2w

If I am correct, this guy won this bid sometime a week or two ago for around $400 and is now asking for $1600.

I may be wrong on the winning bid by a few dollars and the more power to this guy...he did nothing wrong but I just wanted to pass a long what I see are those out there that have zero interest in the community and more to over inflate the value and prey on collectors.

Here are the pictures from before he won it that I save to my desk top.
s-l1600g.thumb.jpg.7f12b7279253197eba6f058b79fed36c.jpgs-l1600f.thumb.jpg.b696c9b5141bcef114755208605d5303.jpgs-l1600e.thumb.jpg.ac3ccf44d1f6a851a2fb47df2a222f66.jpgs-l1600d.thumb.jpg.4fadbd17c43bed17adde6b34f3d86bfe.jpgs-l1600c.thumb.jpg.fc4eabb968044e241f12d6605aee753b.jpgs-l1600b.thumb.jpg.fdf631de3d25a4875b4cc06f47a97a73.jpg
s-l1600a.thumb.jpg.7c3b6f7290b9705657db13ee148a7757.jpg

Edited by Mike Harris

OK...I'll bite...

What's the difference between this;
Rocky Battles the Champ and Rocky Boxing other than somebody wants to hock this Very "RARE" and "OLD" Collectorvision game for $400.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rocky-Battle-The-Champ-ColecoVision-Game-Very-Rare-Old-Collectorvision-game/274038350027?hash=item3fcdf560cb:g:wdwAAOSwGEFdl1zn

This guy, bless his ambition, is a nut case "in MY opinion"  You don't have to agree.
But here he's laid out the collection of all time in all it's glory if you want it.

Personally, I would prescribe Lithium and heavy counseling.

Edited by Mike Harris

23 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Never heard of this title, was it underground or limited from them? Always thought Mr. Chin was their first title.

If you look through what he is selling it might be possible he is making his own custom work?
I see Daniel's Barney game in there as well.

I received another Coleco cart shipment today and they guy threw in an extra rom with no case.
Turned out to be Ghost Manor for the A2600.  Nice little bonus I guess.

Edited by Mike Harris

41 minutes ago, Mike Harris said:

Something I have never seen...
A CBS Roller Controller with a CBS Slither.
If it's all legit then here you go.

Totally legit - CBS Electronics released the ColecoVision and ALL of the expansion modules and controllers in Europe (incl. the UK) with their own unique CBS ColecoVision boxes.  The Roller Controllers are pretty easy to find CIB.  I have a lovely NIB example in my collection.

49 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Totally legit - CBS Electronics released the ColecoVision and ALL of the expansion modules and controllers in Europe (incl. the UK) with their own unique CBS ColecoVision boxes.  The Roller Controllers are pretty easy to find CIB.  I have a lovely NIB example in my collection.

I have 1 in the box from when I was a kid and 3 or 4 sitting around.

1 minute ago, Mike Harris said:

I have 1 in the box from when I was a kid and 3 or 4 sitting around.

You've confused me, you said you'd never seen a CBS Roller Controller and now you're saying you have many of them (although I'm guessing you mean the North American version).  When I was referring to the Roller Controllers being pretty easy to find, and my NIB example, I was referring to the CBS European version.

30 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

You've confused me, you said you'd never seen a CBS Roller Controller and now you're saying you have many of them (although I'm guessing you mean the North American version).  When I was referring to the Roller Controllers being pretty easy to find, and my NIB example, I was referring to the CBS European version.

No, I have many Roller Controllers, not CBS.

I knew there was a CBS Colecovision and funky looking carts but I didn't think they were like Star Fleet and have to put their symbol on every damn thing in space.

7 hours ago, Mike Harris said:

If you look through what he is selling it might be possible he is making his own custom work?
I see Daniel's Barney game in there as well.

I received another Coleco cart shipment today and they guy threw in an extra rom with no case.
Turned out to be Ghost Manor for the A2600.  Nice little bonus I guess.

I don't see Collectorvision anywhere on the box, as it always is for their products. Unless Collectorvision made a limited edition replacement box, like they did with Galaxian and a couple other games, I'd say it's a scam.

21 hours ago, Mike Harris said:

OK...I'll bite...

What's the difference between this;
Rocky Battles the Champ and Rocky Boxing other than somebody wants to hock this Very "RARE" and "OLD" Collectorvision game for $400.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rocky-Battle-The-Champ-ColecoVision-Game-Very-Rare-Old-Collectorvision-game/274038350027?hash=item3fcdf560cb:g:wdwAAOSwGEFdl1zn

This guy, bless his ambition, is a nut case "in MY opinion"  You don't have to agree.
But here he's laid out the collection of all time in all it's glory if you want it.

Personally, I would prescribe Lithium and heavy counseling.

This guys been around for years trying to resell at huge markups. Some people may not recognize him as he changed his eBay name and location a while back.  I don’t recall the old eBay name but he was previously located in Columbus Ohio and dealt primarily with Colecovision home brew resales. I believe this is just another homebrew that he picked up for  maybe 75 and is trying to resell at 5x. 

With shipping is under $160.

It looks like the latest version and complete as far as being put together.
Miner parts missing including the box.

Not my sale but to anyone looking for a good ADAM.  I am really tempted but I have 9 already.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ADAM-ColecoVision-Family-Computer-Tested-and-Works/153673302614?hash=item23c7a48256:g:-vkAAOSwCH9dmPmr

I'm thinking that this is Bill Hicks listing from Retro System Rescue...

It looks like his work.

Whomever it is I can't vouch for them but it's an ADAM Console and Keyboard with internal power supply.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coleco-Adam-2410-Console-keyboard-with-installed-internal-power-supply/183986330678?hash=item2ad6709c36:g:xF0AAOSwPsFdm4Fx