IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

11 minutes ago, coleconut said:

We can agree to disagree - I think the shell gives away that it isnt authentic, I have the full library of Telegames USA ans UK releases - except Bumpman unfortunately - and all the shells are the same and none of them say Coleco on them. And this is the same geezer trying to sell the ultra rare Super DK  so I dont trust him to begin with...

No need for us to disagree.  I stand corrected.

On 4/23/2020 at 2:17 PM, coleconut said:

And now I see what appears to be a bogus Amazing Bumpman from the same seller.

Here are two examples of legit Amazing Bumpman carts. The first was released by Telegames UK using a CBS cart shell and the second was released by Telegames USA using the Telegames cart shell (similiar to Coleco's) and for some reason the instructions had "Tele-Games presents" removed.

Skiing had similar style releases.

Amazing Bumpman - Cartridge & Manual #01.jpg

Amazing Bumpman - Cartridge & Manual #02.jpg

2 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Here are two examples of legit Amazing Bumpman carts. The first was released by Telegames UK using a CBS cart shell and the second was released by Telegames USA using the Telegames cart shell (similiar to Coleco's)...

And again, the surest way to substantiate the second variant against the one that was auctioned is a reference photo of the casing's backside. Not directed at you, NIAD, in any fashion at all ... but, people, details matter. :)

12 hours ago, mumbai said:

And again, the surest way to substantiate the second variant against the one that was auctioned is a reference photo of the casing's backside. Not directed at you, NIAD, in any fashion at all ... but, people, details matter. :)

Correct you are although a very good quality pic of the Telegames USA cart shell front/side(s) would be enough for knowledgeable people like ourselves to make a determination.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Correct you are although a very good quality pic of the Telegames USA cart shell front/side(s) would be enough for knowledgeable people like ourselves to make a determination.

Rather than succumb to the temptation to Pepsi Challenge others in this way, I'll simply say ... sure.

I will stress this assumes possession of such an image (not always the case) and leans heavily on the appeal to authority to establish certitude.

Edited by mumbai

My eyes usually glaze over and I stop reading auctions that make use of a riot of font colors and sizes, but then I saw the third paragraph of THIS LISTING. It's actually plastered over nearly all the other CV-related listings the seller has now.

I understand there can be disagreements, and they can sour and leave a bad impression, but to call out another eBay user by name in multiple listings over that sort of thing? Am I wrong to think this crosses some sort of line? I don't get it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Still, not cool selling on eBay when it’s understood that was a no no.

I'd guess it might do harm to any relationship the seller has with CollectorVision re: supply chain, unless (a) he's getting out of the game and/or doesn't care; or (b) approval was given to list the mystery game. It went quickly at a price below what it might have obtained, so perhaps the idea was to fly it under the radar in a fire sale.

Just now, mumbai said:

I'd guess it might do harm to any relationship the seller has with CollectorVision re: supply chain, unless (a) he's getting out of the game and/or doesn't care; or (b) approval was given to list the mystery game. It went quickly at a price below what it might have obtained, so perhaps the idea was to fly it under the radar in a fire sale.

The seller was part of the club, and it is the only copy he had.  (He wasn't supposed to put it on Ebay...)

I too would have joined the club had i known it was that title. Very much have wanted PP.

Kinda disappointing as i thought part of the purpose of collectorvision obtaining rare prototypes was to share them with the public and not secretly in a club. :( well what can you do....i guess buy the bootlegs when people start dumping and copying the game...

• Like 3

20 hours ago, coleco_master said:

The seller was part of the club, and it is the only copy he had.  (He wasn't supposed to put it on Ebay...)

It happens, despite what you ask people not to do.  I know there are people who feel "once I buy it it's mine to do what I want with it" but if it was purchased with certain stipulations the seller should at least follow them.  

On 5/29/2020 at 5:55 PM, Atari_Bill said:

Nice to finally know what the game was.  Guess I regret not getting in now as this is one Ive always wanted.  My decision though and nothing I can do about it now.  Still, not cool selling on eBay when it’s understood that was a no no.

Just to throw it out there, if anyone wanted to get rid of their copy and if it’s ok by the club rules, I would be interested. 

• Like 1