IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Second thoughts on the asking price?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3215502744401?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=321550274440&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The game is rare in all forms (CIB, loose cart, cart and manual), but in this case, rarity for some reason does not translate to being valuable unless a bidding war was to ensue. The carts are indeed known to have a high failure rate and one thing to watch for is to make sure you don't end up with the Telegames reproduction cart which has a very similar label and can probably still be bought loose on eBay from Classic Game Source.

BTW, I looked back at what I paid a number of years ago for my CIB and it was $69.95.

• Like 1

The game is rare in all forms (CIB, loose cart, cart and manual), but in this case, rarity for some reason does not translate to being valuable unless a bidding war was to ensue. The carts are indeed known to have a high failure rate and one thing to watch for is to make sure you don't end up with the Telegames reproduction cart which has a very similar label and can probably still be bought loose on eBay from Classic Game Source.

BTW, I looked back at what I paid a number of years ago for my CIB and it was $69.95.

I see ... why does the cart have a high failure rate?

Man this K***1 guy is making collecting for the colecovision not fun anymore :_( :_( :_( :_( :_(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sydneys-Evolution-Sealed-Box-Complete-ColecoVision-Coleco-Vision-Video-Game-NIB-/141447596587?

Yeah, whomever it is has money with no limits and that's a dangerous combination. This is the same person that just spent $2000 for 7 empty Colecovision Xonox boxes. That says all you need to know.

Man this K***1 guy is making collecting for the colecovision not fun anymore :_(:_( :_( :_(:_(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sydneys-Evolution-Sealed-Box-Complete-ColecoVision-Coleco-Vision-Video-Game-NIB-/141447596587?

Hmm... Seems like this makes our collections more valuable... Someone grabbed this too (half price though, was $599.00).

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3215692221981?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=321569222198&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Hmm... Seems like this makes our collections more valuable... Someone grabbed this too (half price though, was $599.00).

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3215692221981?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=321569222198&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Not really unless you are selling now and this guy and the second place bidder get into a bidding war over what you are selling. This seems to happen every few years in classic gaming where someone comes in and temporarily drives up prices as they try to quickly put together a really nice collection. Eventually they either complete their collection or lose interest in which case prices go back to normal.

Not really unless you are selling now and this guy and the second place bidder get into a bidding war over what you are selling. This seems to happen every few years in classic gaming where someone comes in and temporarily drives up prices as they try to quickly put together a really nice collection. Eventually they either complete their collection or lose interest in which case prices go back to normal.

I haven't seen that lately, everything Colecovision NIB seems to go for darn high prices on eBay consistently, but I sure hope prices come down cause there's alot I'd sure love to get.

Here's the first of the last two copies ever manufactured of Quest for the Golden Chalice for ColecoVision:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2517001113451?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251700111345&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Bidding starts at 25$, and the bidding period will end one week from now.

The other copy of the game will be auctioned off on eBay right after this one has found a final buyer.

• Like 1

I haven't seen that lately, everything Colecovision NIB seems to go for darn high prices on eBay consistently, but I sure hope prices come down cause there's alot I'd sure love to get.

The single bidder we are talking about has literally won every single NIB or MIB auction for less common CV games for the past six months. The second highest bidder is often the same person as well. There is then a huge gap between what those two will bid and what everyone else bids. I've seen this same thing happen many times over the years. All anyone reasonable can do is wait it out and eventually prices will go back down to a more reasonable level.

• Like 1

The single bidder we are talking about has literally won every single NIB or MIB auction for less common CV games for the past six months. The second highest bidder is often the same person as well. There is then a huge gap between what those two will bid and what everyone else bids. I've seen this same thing happen many times over the years. All anyone reasonable can do is wait it out and eventually prices will go back down to a more reasonable level.

I see ... hopefully not to long a wait...

Here's the first of the last two copies ever manufactured of Quest for the Golden Chalice for ColecoVision:eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2517001113451?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251700111345&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]Bidding starts at 25$, and the bidding period will end one week from now.The other copy of the game will be auctioned off on eBay right after this one has found a final buyer.

Possible to get the shipping reasonable? Its showing at $30 right now

This is a deal... Specially with Best offer! I would buy it if i wouldn't have it :)

• Like 1

only drawback is that it's the European variation and therefore not as desirable or as valuable as the original North American release. I'd say the price is reasonable and the proof lies in the fact that it's still available as a BIN. If it was the North American version, I would have bought it yesterday when the listing went up. Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

only drawback is that it's the European variation and therefore not as desirable or as valuable as the original North American release. I'dsay the price is reasonable.

It's a nice one, but I still prefer to get the original separate releases for both Robin Hood and Sir Lancelot, so this double-ender isn't so important for my collection.

only drawback is that it's the European variation and therefore not as desirable or as valuable as the original North American release. I'd say the price is reasonable and the proof lies in the fact that it's still available as a BIN. If it was the North American version, I would have bought it yesterday when the listing went up.

Yep ... Sticking with NA versions...