IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I have no problem with repros themselves. It's a great idea since the majority of us folks aren't wealthy enough to afford the games selling for several hundred dollars, unfortunately I know that so many people are out there that are quick to make a buck at any cost. The repros are so good these days that people can easily pass them off for real making some serious cash at others expense. It sucks but it's the world we live in now.

You can also include people who sell you CIBs where the box is used for various system releases and an applied sticker is used to designate what system it's for use with. One of my Fisher Price games had the sticker removed from the box (seeing as it was probably originally for use with a computer system) very carefully and then a Coleco cart was placed inside so as to be able to ask for over $100 compared to actually being worth about $10.

I'm not going to name names, but it was a very prominent AtariAge member. Go figure.

You can also include people who sell you CIBs where the box is used for various system releases and an applied sticker is used to designate what system it's for use with. One of my Fisher Price games had the sticker removed from the box (seeing as it was probably originally for use with a computer system) very carefully and then a Coleco cart was placed inside so as to be able to ask for over $100 compared to actually being worth about $10.

I'm not going to name names, but it was a very prominent AtariAge member. Go figure.

I actually wish people would name names in these situations. The whole community benefits when this information is shared.

Now I'm starting to have the feeling that a Wizmath would be complicated to get...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wizard-of-Ids-WizMath-Colecovision-Game-NEW-IN-BOX-BUT-UNWRAPPED-/111730232046?hash=item1a03a40aee

Wow, I saw that auction while it was live last night. There's no way I could ever pay that much for something like this, but I wasn't sure if this listing was one of those ridiculous overpriced auctions or not. I guess not. Congrats to the winner here for getting something that doesn't pop up every day. I guess I'll have to be happy with picking up a loose cart of this someday.

Right here's why I'm not a big fan of the repro boxes. Someone that is selling a "CIB" Donkey Kong. No mention of the box being a repro although it clearly is if you look closely. An experienced collector would know better, but not necessarily a new one that knows just enough that the DK box is so tough to find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Donkey-Kong-Colecovision-1982-VERY-RARE-COMPLETE-CIB-/191645407768?hash=item2c9ef4da18

Ya, I noticed that as well...

Oh man ... Please PM me this member I should steer clear of...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragonfire-ColecoVision-Video-Game-Cartridge-Tested-works-Dragon-Fire-Coleco-/131567149048?hash=item1ea2035ff8

Would you really describe this as has some use. I would describe it as totally trashed. Also what drug is he smoking to ask for 120 bucks for a Cart.

It is not even worth that if it was in pristine condition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragonfire-ColecoVision-Video-Game-Cartridge-Tested-works-Dragon-Fire-Coleco-/131567149048?hash=item1ea2035ff8

Would you really describe this as has some use. I would describe it as totally trashed. Also what drug is he smoking to ask for 120 bucks for a Cart.

lol

I didn't have an issue with his description. I think it's closer to "has some use" than "totally trashed". I like that he shows 5 clear pictures. That means more to me than the description anyhow.

I agree that it's not worth his asking price in any condition.

Ya, I noticed that as well...

I bought the donkey kong and got burned I guess.. Man enough to admit it. Lesson learned! sigh. I will try for a refund based on description and give seller negative comments so someone else doesnt get burned.

Edited by Dj4u43

I bought the donkey kong and got burned I guess.. Man enough to admit it. Lesson learned! sigh. I will try for a refund based on description and give seller negative comments so someone else doesnt get burned.

Man, I'm sorry about this. The box is my creation, and although I'm not making them now, I don't like to see them sold at an overly-inflated price. I had seen that one on eBay, and presumed that there was no way anyone would miss the seller's photo of my copyright info on the back (it was semi-clearly pictured). :(

Edited by phattyboombatty

To be fair - The box repro from phatty looks to be VERY good quality and out of print. Knowing that CollectorVision sells their new repro boxes at $20 each and also knowing that finding a good Donkey Kong box is pretty hard to come by, I probably would have paid up to about $50 for an out-of-print repro box that someone took the time to compile all the parts to make a "complete" Donkey Kong. I see you paid about $75 for it, which is inflated, but not too bad. At least not IMO.

I think the biggest issue here was that the seller didn't list it as a re-pro. Had they said "Out of print re-production CIB Donkey Kong" that would have been totally fair, but that's not what happened.

Speaking of which, how much do you guys think an "Out of print, re-production CIB Donkey Kong" should be worth?

Speaking of which, how much do you guys think an "Out of print, re-production CIB Donkey Kong" should be worth?

What someone is willing to pay! :twisted:

All kidding aside, a DK cart and manual would be about $2 and seeing as the box is out of print, but only a couple years old, I would say about $25 for a grand total of $27.

• Like 1

Man, I'm sorry about this. The box is my creation, and although I'm not making them now, I don't like to see them sold at an overly-inflated price. I had seen that one on eBay, and presumed that there was no way anyone would miss the seller's photo of my copyright info on the back (it was semi-clearly pictured). :(

I bought one or two from you as gifts, they're awesome but ya a real bummer they're sold as originals...

eBay doesn't allow the sale of unauthorized reproductions. They'll automatically side with you. Simply open a case for a refund.

• Like 2

Hi,

can someone remind me how many of these were actually produced?

Probably coming from Collectorvision a few years ago ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARIO-BROS-CONTROLLER-SET-of-2-Coleco-Vision-System-Red-and-Green-/141697813910?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20fdd90d96

Same question for this beautiful thing, not even listed on the collectorvision website =>

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLECOVISION-MARIO-BROS-RED-CART-VERSION-W-BOX-MANUAL-AND-CARTRIDGE-/321822334426?hash=item4aee1b1dda

omg would die to get one -- even more pricy than the ghosts'n zombies copies :/

Hi,

can someone remind me how many of these were actually produced?

Probably coming from Collectorvision a few years ago ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARIO-BROS-CONTROLLER-SET-of-2-Coleco-Vision-System-Red-and-Green-/141697813910?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20fdd90d96

Same question for this beautiful thing, not even listed on the collectorvision website =>

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLECOVISION-MARIO-BROS-RED-CART-VERSION-W-BOX-MANUAL-AND-CARTRIDGE-/321822334426?hash=item4aee1b1dda

omg would die to get one -- even more pricy than the ghosts'n zombies copies :/

Those controller set were made by a member here, Yurkie

Not by CollectorVision