IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

How weird is it that TWO Pac-Man Collections have been about the same time by totally different people?

$650 Buy it now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Pac-Man-Collection-CIB-For-Colecovision-/321875297261?hash=item4af14343ed

$47 current bid:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pacman-Collection-Colecovision-mint-/151828071526?hash=item2359a88466

Ya saw that ... U would think for 650 we could at least get some decent pictures

How weird is it that TWO Pac-Man Collections have been about the same time by totally different people?

$650 Buy it now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Pac-Man-Collection-CIB-For-Colecovision-/321875297261?hash=item4af14343ed

$47 current bid:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pacman-Collection-Colecovision-mint-/151828071526?hash=item2359a88466

hi

VectorGamer , I'm just curious about the supr DK Jr here. I know it is alredy sold.

But Was it really for a standard Colecovision Console without SGM ?

I though Super Dk jr was for ADAM.

This subject (the early '80s Coleco cartridge prototypes of Super DK and Super DK Jr.) have been discussed to death on these forums. Yes... they are standard ColecoVision cartridge games that do not require anything extra and by anything I mean NO SGM or NO ADAM required.

hi

VectorGamer , I'm just curious about the supr DK Jr here. I know it is alredy sold.

But Was it really for a standard Colecovision Console without SGM ?

I can't imagine you don't have the ROM but just in case it's available here: http://cvaddict.com/list.php?filter=2

The confusion with these cartridge prototypes versus the ADAM only digital data pack games stems from the use of the word "Super".

To simplify matters:

- Anytime you see Super DK or Super DK Jr., the cartridge prototypes are being referred to that can be played on a CV with no additional hardware and obviously work on an ADAM as well.

- Anytime you see DK Super Game or DK Jr. Super Game, the ADAM digital data pack versions with all the levels and Hall of Fame are being referred to.

I absolutely love the CV version of Circus Charlie...but $2,500!??! What is that dude smoking???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Circus-Charlie-for-ColecoVision-/171949328818?hash=item2808fa89b2

Oh, and Good Deal Games still has the game in stock, too. ;)

I saw this yesterday and was thinking the same thing.

he's high.

this is what pisses me off about the old school stuff. Guys like this inflating the shit out of product that really shouldn't be expensive.

A home-brew game is not an official release. 60.00 should be the limit on any of it because it is only a collector item to a very small group of people..(ok ok maybe 100.00 for something that was so amazing done it looks like a Coleco product for reals. that includes the same style of paper box..overhang flap and all.)

A legit production run comes from the manufacture and usually has a story behind it on why its a rare title. It was in the wild...it did go thru normal production., maybe the box art had a mistake on the first run? maybe they changed it? maybe the game had a known major bug or was such a flop that they destroyed the rest of the inventory they had.

I'm probably not explaining it right because i'm still waking up on this lazy sunday morning but the point is...i hate when people do this

In my humble opinion ...which is only that ...an opinion.prices need to be based on the games run, issues with printing, popularity and current inventory in the wild. the last one being the most important. if there are only "X" amount of known copies in the wild...its worth more or less depending on that number.

I see jagoffs saying RARE over and over again and yet I see 100's of copies of these things for sale. My favorite was the VERY RARE for zaxxon. I almost died laughing.

I also do not like when they mark the ad as VERY GOOD and the box is dented or ripped or stained. Very Good implies that its close to looking new, the wear is from natural progression and not misuse and bad packing of the item (folds, creases, tears, etc).

I have a game that is otherwise LIKE NEW except for a slight crease..but you CAN see it...so I mark it as GOOD...I almost went to VERY GOOD but my opinion of the crease may be different than yours or someone else s. as a collector we all have different standards so I take that into consideration.

This is a hobby, its not wall street. A lot of the same people run in and out of this circle as well...we know the fakes and the scammers when they enter. Knowing all this, the circle should not be trying to gouge the shit out of one another.

Fair Trade / Fair Price for all.

*done with rant.

Edited by Tkat5200

This is a hobby, its not wall street. A lot of the same people run in and out of this circle as well...we know the fakes and the scammers when they enter. Knowing all this, the circle should not be trying to gouge the shit out of one another.

Fair Trade / Fair Price for all.

*done with rant.

Unfortunately as much I agree with you and detest it, many people don't see this as a hobby any longer. Money is the only factor driving them and they will do anything and say anything to acquire games at a rock bottom price and then post off to ebay with BINs in the thousands. This isn't the same fun pastime that I have enjoyed since the 90's. I can't tell you how many times lately I've considered selling everything and moving on because of my dislike for the vultures out there. I do know that when that time comes, I know the people out there that do this and they will be blocked as bidders on anything. I'd rather sell at a loss than to allow a happiestsellerever or schoolgirl access to anything I have.

• Like 1

starting bid is 75 so if he didnt put a 2500 reserve the price could be ok

Very true. I just don't get what the point of putting such a crazy BIN price on it, though. IMO, $250 would be a crazy BIN now price on a game that is still in stock at some places, but that at least would be almost reasonable to someone who didn't know any better.

$2500 is how much I need to buy a Space Fury cabinet. There's no reserve on the auction relax kids.

And here I thought you were selling your ColecoVision games due to losing everything in the stock market or whatever you said a couple months ago. Hmm, Space Fury arcade cabinet or roof over my kid's heads with food on the table... tough choice!

ED: Found it... http://atariage.com/forums/topic/239960-vectorgamers-stock-market-made-me-broke-sale-thread/?hl=%2Bvectorgamer&do=findComment&comment=3268846

Edited by NIAD

As I mentioned in a previous post, i'm pretty confident that the Fireman cart is authentic (the one sold by raritynine and retroillucid) and came from a loose cart production that was made to satisfy the higher than expected demand for game. As the seller states, he put together the clamshell with insert sheet himself. As far as price, that's up to whatever someone is willing to spend to acquire a very hard to acquire game.

Hmm, maybe i'll finally part with my CIB.

• Like 1