IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I don't get it. Pac Man collection has a free rom floating around. So you can play it if you want to without a cartridge.

If you're a cardboard sniffer that needs to have teh rarez physical copy...

Then wouldn't you want the yellow cart?

:?

Because it looks so cute :lust:

• Like 1

What is actually quite interesting is that there have been 93 bids placed by only two participants from start to (near) finish over the course of eight days. I do not think I've ever seen that happen before. Just ... wow.

And one of them is the guy who admitted that he "ran up" other auctions. This pattern is EXACTLY the same as what he's done on other auctions as well and then dropped it on the other person at an insane high price. I learned my lesson with him on the Super Sketch, and then figured out what was going on with the Death Race before I got screwed. Not gonna make that same mistake again. Just gonna add things I'm interested in (not this one) to my watch list and only bid in the last couple of hours from now on.

Great for the seller, obviously, but don't think it's the right thing to do, IMO.

And one of them is the guy who admitted that he "ran up" other auctions. This pattern is EXACTLY the same as what he's done on other auctions as well and then dropped it on the other person at an insane high price. I learned my lesson with him on the Super Sketch, and then figured out what was going on with the Death Race before I got screwed. Not gonna make that same mistake again. Just gonna add things I'm interested in (not this one) to my watch list and only bid in the last couple of hours from now on.

Great for the seller, obviously, but don't think it's the right thing to do, IMO.

Which guy is it? I would love to know! 79 or 59?

It's this guy 2***js.gif( 79) ... Hmm he was the last bidder though both on death race and hustler ... was in Opcode Juno auction as well ... and ya, Super Sketch as well...

It's this guy 2***js.gif( 79) ... Hmm he was the last bidder though both on death race and hustler ... was in Opcode Juno auction as well ... and ya, Super Sketch as well...

I figured out his game during the Death Race auction and I backed out. Ikranaka did say he paid up so I don't want to throw the guy under the bus too much, but it's interesting how he seems to bid up a lot of auctions and drops them on who he's bidding against most of the time. Now that I know his game, I'm not touching any auction I see him bid on.

I figured out his game during the Death Race auction and I backed out. Ikranaka did say he paid up so I don't want to throw the guy under the bus too much, but it's interesting how he seems to bid up a lot of auctions and drops them on who he's bidding against most of the time. Now that I know his game, I'm not touching any auction I see him bid on.

Ya I was wondering if he paid ... Hmm maybe he's legit...

As I said before I have the money and want the games even if it means run it up.I want them to play. I do pay up and soon. Look at my bid track record. You can also ask users on here who I have bought from. Last time I will respond to this bs. I am a new collector and wanna catch up.

Ya I was wondering if he paid ... Hmm maybe he's legit...

I think to some extent he is. But I don't like his bidding practices so for me I'll stay away. I've now watched him "run up" just too many items well past what their value should be, and he admitted to it as well (then sort of back-peddled that statement later.) So regardless if he's legit or not, I'm backing out of any auctions he's involved with.

EDIT: See! ^^ He admits to running stuff up!!! That's fine. There's no "rule" against it. But that's not cool, IMO, and not going to win over any friends, unless you're the seller.

You ever have something you couldn't have when you were a kid cause your family was poor. Well mine was colecovision and now I can. Good luck with you actions and check out the custom one I had built..portable..lol.

Yes. You are so cool for having built a portable system and running up a bunch of auctions. I'm entitled to my opinion and I think what you are doing is not cool at all. If you had actually won most of your auctions, I might not be so annoyed. But you clearly ran up at least two of my auctions only to dump the item on me. I wasn't sniping at the end or doing anything tricky. Sorry, I don't like your bidding tactics nor do I think you're as innocent as you claim to be. Again, just my opinion. Keep doing what you're doing. Rock on dude. I hope it satisfies your childhood dream.

I think to some extent he is. But I don't like his bidding practices so for me I'll stay away. I've now watched him "run up" just too many items well past what their value should be, and he admitted to it as well (then sort of back-peddled that statement later.) So regardless if he's legit or not, I'm backing out of any auctions he's involved with.

EDIT: See! ^^ He admits to running stuff up!!! That's fine. There's no "rule" against it. But that's not cool, IMO, and not going to win over any friends, unless you're the seller.

Hey TPR, I think you should really back off on these accusations Dj4u43. You are correct in that he has poor bidding habits, but so do the other people that constantly keep throwing bids in at small increments (are they legit or are they shill bids?) and I have seen a lot of those in the auctions that Dj4u43 has been involved in from other people. One thing is for certain, if Dj4u43 wins an auction, he pays for the item and there is evidence to back this up.

As I stated before and I'll state it again, if you are interested in an item up for auction, by all means, make an initial bid on the item to show the seller that there is interest so that he doesn't side deal and therefore stop the auction. Then you have to decide just how much you are willing to spend for said item and enter that amount with only a few seconds left if you are not setup with a bidding service. If you enter your highest total early on, you run the risk of shill bidding during the coarse of the auction or a person that uses Dj4u43's bidding style chipping away at your max bid for days.

The days of getting an incredible price on an item, especially the rarer items, are long gone unfortunately and we have all had to pay some steep prices for all this retro goodness.

A little self promotion now... I have a Complete-in-Box Fireman (all original) that I will sell for $50 less than the eBay auction (it's at $532 right now, so my price right now is $482) that is currently going with original cart and repro box. The eBay auction has to be completed and paid for... no funny business. The first person that PMs me after the eBay auction is completed gets it!

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 2

So you have driven up a couple auctions only to not pay ... not cool at all !

Brian... the guy paid for the auctions he won and was outbid by someone else for the auctions that he did not win. Really now, let's leave this guy alone as he is doing nothing wrong besides trying to win these auctions... with the exception that his bidding tendencies can be improved considerably.

Lol..you ran with me..you were not forced to...sour grapes my friend..

Not sour grapes at all. I have the means to pay for the items I want, but I also bid fairly. Again, I'm not saying you aren't going to pay up if you win or you don't want some items, but I think your bidding practices are totally suspect and you purposely bid things up only to drop items on others at an inflated price. That's third party shill bidding. You admit to it!!! I learned my lesson.

Hey TPR, I think you should really back off on these accusations Dj4u43. You are correct in that he has poor bidding habits, but so do the other people that constantly keep throwing bids in at small increments (are they legit or are they shill bids?) and I have seen a lot of those in the auctions that Dj4u43 has been involved in from other people. One thing is for certain, if Dj4u43 wins an auction, he pays for the item and there is evidence to back this

Fair enough.