IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

So much for the original SGM being overpriced... There you have it, a cheap knock off that costs as much as the original thing...

The only thing cheap is your shots. The price of this is way under what you were gouging.

I hope you refund all the pre-payers then since they paid for nothing.. Talk about over priced.. or should I say just ripped off.

I always say one in hand (real product that is delivering) is better then paying for vapor wear in advance that's not, but that's just me.

Edited by juice2839

i know ed and juice argue on price right now but the biggest question is how a guy can desing,print pcb and get a 60 pin connector and sell this unit in less than a month that s the big question ed should answer...

You cannot compare a single prototype to a 210 units run. The logistic to produce such a large run is way more complex. The connectors we use are a special order, different from the regular connectors the supplier offers (and I won't say what the difference is, as it could be used against me). We have cases, nameplates, etc. Anyways, the 2nd run is almost here, since the connectors have been shipped to factory.

i know ed and juice argue on price right now but the biggest question is how a guy can desing,print pcb and get a 60 pin connector and sell this unit in less than a month that s the big question ed should answer...

There's nothing to compare here, really

One on side, you've a fully Liscenced device (liscenced officilally by Coleco, aka River West Brand), wich comes complete in box

Mold was made to accomodate the PCB, and to also look nice when plugged into the console port

On the other side, you've a functional device wich is supposed to work exactly like Opcode' SGM

It comes in a Famicom cartridge shell (wich seem to be recycled)

There's no box/manual included and it's NOT liscenced by Coleco

I'm not saying one is better than the other, but you just can't compare apples and oranges

So, of course there's a difference in price!

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

You cannot compare a single prototype to a 210 units run. The logistic to produce such a large run is way more complex. The connectors we use are a special order, different from the regular connectors the supplier offers (and I won't say what the difference is, as it could be used against me). We have cases, nameplates, etc. Anyways, the 2nd run is almost here, since the connectors have been shipped to factory.

I can produce 500 units in the same 3 weeks if there were a demand. No problem. I won't even venture to guess how a special connector held you up for 2 years...

I personally don't think anyone should be giving anyone else crap for dedicating their spare time to work on something cool for a defunct system we all love. No one is forcing anyone to buy any product and the value someone places on an item is subjective.

One person may really appreciate the attention to detail with the box, manual, and device that looks like it rolled off the Coleco factory line in 1982, another might be content shoving a bare PCB into the expansion port. Neither is wrong, IMO.

Regardless if someone took two years or two months on their product, I will gladly support ALL of them to show my appreciation for their hard work because the alternative is not having anything as the system was declared deceased in 1984.

Personally, I'd rather see the effort put into the mudslinging and snide comments refocused into the work that could be done to make more products I'd gladly purchase.

Just my two cents in this whole thing.

• Like 5